The outer diameter of the barrel was almost five times its bore, and its outer surface showed a gleaming brushed pattern of vertical lines. They were Remingtons AccuTip V Boat tail, CCIs V-Max and Hornadys V-Max. 7249 (konusscopes.com). When only the best will do, theres Vudoo. New Shooters Guide: You Have Your Concealed Carry Permit Should You Carry. Specifications and features: Marlin model 917M2 rimfire rifle .17 MACH 2 Bolt-action repeater 7 round capacity T-900 fire control system Single-stage trigger Thumb safety Red cocking indicator Monte Carlo walnut stock, cut-checkering Mar-Shield finish 1:9" twist Blued steel Drilled & tapped for scope Swivel studs 41" overall length 5-1/2" lbs. The trigger offered a long radius with vertical grooves across its moderately wide face. Many react to the price of Vudoo rifles, but as I told a friend recently, Sell your huge collection of $500 rimfires you never shoot, and you can buy two. MSRP: $2,395. 17 Mach 2 (HM2) Ammo. Soviet AK-74 . That is, when we first started firing we would begin our press, only to be fooled by a period of grit and creep that coaxed us to stall or stop our movement. All Rights Reserved. The obvious choice was the .22 Long Rifle case. Of our two bolt-action rifles, the Marlin 917M2 was distinguished by its wooden stock and heavy 1:9 twist barrel. 66 items Filter by Keyword Subcategories Availability Price Range. Thirteen different models chambered for .17-caliber ammunition are available from Savage Arms. They were the $169 New England Firearms Sportster SS1-217, Marlin's $232 917M2, and the $228 Savage Arms Mark II F. The Marlin and Savage Arms rifles were magazine-fed bolt actions, and the NEF worked from a single-shot break-top design. How It Shot Rifle: Marlin 917 M2S Average Group Size: 1.010 inches* Ammo Used: Hornady 17-grain V-Max *5 five-shot groups at 100 yd. Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. Jump to page: Results 16 to 16 of 16 6Likes. The .17 HM2 is a rimfire cartridge with 17 grain that has a velocity of 2,100 ft/s. Sighted-in to hit 1 1/2 inches above point of aim at 50 yards (assuming scoped line-of-sight is 1 1/2 inches above bore), the impact is still 1 1/2 inches high at 100 yards, and about 2 inches low at 150 yards. This model has a blued finish, 7-round capacity, and is compatible with 22LR rounds. The Barn (Oakey) CZ 452 American left hand boltaction rimfire rifle $990.00 FOR SALE Caliber: 17HMR Condition: VERY GOOD State: Victoria More Details. After shooting the Marlin Model 717M2 in this manner, I'm good for a few more weeks. My favorite pure hunting rimfire rifle, the Summit from Volquartsen, is an odd duck. We noticed that the throw of the bolt on the Mark II F was shorter than the Marlin action by almost one third, (approximately 1.2 inches versus about 1.55 inches). I already owned a 10/22 conversion in 17Mach2 and was happy to have it. CZ-USA (4) Savage Arms (4) Platform. e4Z+ 8.^"@, 8c"Q8N2LqPza?% ;0. Primary Weapons System developed the straight-pull 10/22 concept for hunting and running 10/22 platform accessories (stocks, barrels and triggers) with a suppressor. Description Glock 17 Gen 3 - NIB with 2 17 Round Mags, Factory Case, Cleaning Tools, Lock, Manual. Average Gr: 17. This comes in a grey laminate standard format stock. Page 2 of 2 First 1 2. Residents 6% Sales Tax applicable Shipping $ 35.00 SOLD Rifle Caliber: .17 Mach 2 Melbourne Firearms Centre Would you like to advertise your Firearm or Hunting Business here? The trigger was a bit mushy (pull weight averaged 5.75 pounds for five measurements using my RCBS Trigger Pull Gauge), but 100-percent functioning combined with half-inch accuracy at 50 yards make this gun a winner. GUN COLLECTIONS WANTED FOR CASH! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The proven delayed-blowback action used in the A17 17 HMR is replicated in the new offering to support the high pressures of the Mach 2 caliber. LinkBack URL; About LinkBacks ; . While the hours I spent with this gun were compressed into a few consecutive days rather than spreading it out over a few weeks as I usually do when reviewing a gun for Shooting Times, I spent several hours carrying it around my house and office (yes, my wife thinks I'm a little bit too wrapped up in my job), removing the broken stock and replacing it with a new one, and shooting it for a full afternoon at the range--both from the bench for accuracy and velocity and also rapid-fire offhand, shooting at beverage cans. While Supplies Last Please try a new zip code and search again. Read Their Fine Print!! Beyond that the law of gravity applies a heavy hand. 2 Ruger SR9 Magazines Factory 17 round 90449 Magazine Very Good Condition $29.50 each & Free Shi Glock 17 Gen 3 AUSTRIA 9mm 2 x 17rd Magazines 4.49" Barrel Full FDE PI17502FDE G17 Gen3, Glock 17 Gen 3 USA 9mm 2 x 17rd Magazines 4.49" Barrel Full FDE UI17502FDE G17 Gen3. The receiver is grooved for scope mounts, and the suggested retail price is $264. Success breeds imitation, and the phenomenal success of the .17 HMR was certain to be followed by similar cartridges. Here is what we learned. The pressure curve with .17 HM2 compared to .22 LR is dramatically steep. This makes Marlin Firearms, marketing its products under the brand names of Harrington & Richardson and New England Firearms, H&R 1871 LLC, the largest manufacturer of single-shot shotgun and rifles in the world. Overall length is 37 inches; weight unloaded is five pounds. Today, the rifles we use are still constantly being updated and innovated to provide increases in durability and accuracy. We couldnt help but notice that the current savagearms.com website showed each of these models with the AccuTrigger. During accuracy testing, I fired five five-round strings from a benchrest at 50 yards. Almost brand new Marlin 917MS bolt action rifle in .17 Mach2 calibre. There was 0.5 grain extreme spread in weight over all 50, but 45 of those were within two grains of each other. The polymer coating protects the magazine and prevents deformation even when dropped. This year, H&R announced an expansion of its AR-15 lineup, bringing additional "retro" models to the market, including a 9 mm Luger-chambered Colt SMG clone, an M16A2-styled rifle and the carbine-size 723. Caliber: 17 Mach 2 Remove This Item; Clear All. The overall average accuracy was 0.65 inch. Availability . Description: Marlin 917M2,Rare 17 Mach 2,22" Heavy Barrel,Bushnell 4x20mm Scope. Fixed studs for attaching a sling were mounted front and rear. The sane should just buy a Savage. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. in "Marlin's Guide to Gun Safety", printed on this . Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle | Academy The free-floating barrel of this Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle features button rifling and a 21-inch length. Friday, 3/3 4:15 PM. This Listing is for One Factory Brand New in the Hard Case BUL Cherokee 9mm Semi-Auto Pistol with 3.66" Barrel and 2 17 round magazines. $900.00. Hornady: Hornady printed the best groups of the day, and my guess is their 17-grain V-Max is the best-selling Mach 2 ammunition out there. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Subcategory. !~!brMuzzle Velocity feet per second 1250brRounds 250brShot Size 8brShot Weight ounces 1 o F2 Mach 12 Gauge AmmobrbrBrand Style F2 MatchbrCartridge AEE12 GaugebrLength 2 3/4!~! Because the .17 HM2 is just a necked-down .22 LR, existing magazines tend to work fine. Both are sure to expand even more . I can get an HMR, but the HMR is too much (I prefer not to have to spread my small game on toast). It may be an additional day or so before the FFL Dealer is ready to conduct the transfer of the firearm to you. Published Apr 1, 2005 5:00 AM EST. Marlin Firearms 7 Round .22lr/.17 Hornady Mach 2 Magazine, Blued - 71900. Single-stage trigger. While the Colt Model 601 was the first AR-15 to be mass-produced, there were several design variations that came before during the platform's development. The .17 Hornady Mach 2, or .17 HM2, is a rimfire ammo cartridge introduced in 2004 by the ammunition manufacturer Hornady. Magazine, .17 Mach 2, 7 Rnd, Blued, New (Reproduction) Product #: 1973330C CT buyers must be FFL holders. Find a FFL Dealer. The caveat was it required head shots. If you choose a dealer that is not on our preferred list, either you or the FFL Dealer will be required to submit a copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! The HMR was a wild success, and much of the industry wasnt ready for the unprecedented demand in .17 ammo and firearms. Of the four Sportster models, only the .22-caliber rifles are shipped with sights. Having pieced together a truly budget rifle, we headed for the range. Read and understand the owner's manual before using a firearm. Throughout our tests we were only able to print one group with this gun that measured less than 1 inch across from the 50-yard line. 17 MACH 2 Rifles For Sale - Hinterland Outfitters Contact Us Departments Firearms Handguns Shotguns Black Powder Air Guns Rifles Revolvers Handguns Rifles Shotguns Black Powder Air Guns Shooting Shooting Gear Magazines Ammunition Reloading Shooting Gear Self Defense & Police Gear Hunting Game Calls ATV Accessories Blinds Decoys Game Calls Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4635 USD (77%) Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! 3.5 out of 5 star rating (2 reviews) All the major manufacturers had rifles ready to go. Billings. But while the .17 HMR boasts a muzzle velocity of 2,550 fps, the propellant capacity of the smaller Long Rifle case yields only 2,100 fps (roughly twice the speed of sound, hence the name Mach 2). Marlin rimfire rifles. This magazine is constructed of steel and is compatible with Marlin bolt and pre-1996 semi-auto action rifles. Add to cart. These orange adhesive circles featured a diamond-shaped bull that matched well with the diamond reticle of the Konus Pro scope. A better look would involve a brick, or multiple bricks, plus multiple rifles and shooters, but it does show that theres some value in sorting .17 HM2 for weight if peak accuracy is the goal. Hornady V-Max bullet made famous by its first cousinthe previously released .17 Hornady Magnum. What should the discerning collector look for in a potential buy? Customer experience was, and still is, the primary focus, a key to the firms longevity and success. The Konus Pro offered an etched glass-reticle that gave us plenty of light, and it featured fine crosshairs centered inside of a diamond pattern. The .17 HM2 stands (l. to r.) next to itsfirst cousin, the .17 HMR and its father, the .22 LR. There was still a matter of inspecting and shooting the gun and then getting it back to Hornady in a short window of time, but barring any further complications it was doable. The thin-barrel version with iron sights, the Mark II F, costs a few dollars less. Enter your email address to receive our latest deals, personalized offers, and MVP access to pre-order notifications.See Details, Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle - view number 1, Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle, 2023 Academy Sports + Outdoors. Overall length is 37 inches; weight unloaded is five pounds. We liked this because we didnt want the crosshairs to obscure any more target mass than necessary. This reminded us of a Remington 700. T-900 fire control system. I bought a CZ 452 ZKM Varmint to shoot up all the ammo I had. Source (s): Hornady [2] .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire, commonly known as the .17 HMR, is a rimfire rifle cartridge developed by Hornady [3] in 2002. Product was successfully added to your shopping cart. I liked the HM2 from the moment I saw the first press release. 854 0 obj <> endobj 876 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<73B4C51F9DF94DFE98052FBF9FF4D811>]/Index[854 44]/Info 853 0 R/Length 104/Prev 628540/Root 855 0 R/Size 898/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream The varmint model features a 20.9" heavy barrel, and an American pattern varmint style stock. $31.41. My .22 WMR is a wand of a rifle except for the big ACIS patterned magazine. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. It was developed by necking down a .22 Magnum case to take a .17 caliber (4.5 mm) projectile. Has anyone stepped up to the plate for a semi auto version of a rifle chambered in 17wsm rimfire? Volquartsen Summit 17 Mach 2 ,16" carbon fiber threaded barrel with end cap,FDE Magpul stock,new in factory case with stock spacers. We only printed one five-shot group that measured as much as a full inch across. This was the best performance at this distance, on average, among our three rifles, but results were close. Read Their Fine Print!! The author tried out the new cartridge at Hornadys Grand Island, Neb., plant. Why does this matter? But our test rifle was equipped with a standard action and trigger, which hurt it in this comparison. Shop online for the best selection and prices of 17 HMR rifles at Hinterland Outfitters. Gun is in nice used condition & is a hard to find Semi Auto 17 Mach 2 Marlin rifle. The receiver is made from steel and features a blued finish. The buttplate was plastic but carried some nice patterning, and it was machined to fit the stock precisely. This high-velocity round fits actions and magazines designed for the .22 LR, so it's an easy barrel-swap upgrade for most rimfire bolt-guns (semi-autos are more complicated). The comb met the shooters cheek with a Monte Carlo-style contour. CCI VNT: My go-to hunting load surprised me by not printing the smallest groups, as it has done on other occasions in this rifle and others. Like a flat shooting 22 (stinger case)with an extra 25m or so. We tested with the only three .17M2 rounds we could find. Even the report of most .17-caliber guns is mild, particularly that of rimfire versions. But the trigger did wear in, and if it never smoothed out, at least it became more predictable. Groups fired from 100 yards with the Remington ammunition ranged from 1.6 inches to 2.0 inches across. Out of Stock. Ammo supplies eased up and I figured that I. At 100 yards that turns into just over 300 th of a second difference. Unlike many rimfire rifles, which have the barrel and action held in the stock by a single screw, the 917 is held more firmly in the inletting by a couple of screws: one in the action and another in the barrel just forward of the action. Hunting with the .17 Mach 2. The bolt action was smooth, and we could hear a zipping sound as it moved back and forth. This new Savage MKII-F bolt action rifle is chambered for .17 Mach II. Now, I have to decide whether to finish the 10/17 version or buy another 22 barrel from E R Shaw and cut my losses. This project was green-lighted when Wayne Holt and Steve Johnson of Hornady contacted Shooting Times to see if we wanted to get our hands on one of the very first Marlin autoloaders chambered for the .17 Mach2 rimfire cartridge. Mach bolt action rifle Model M Bull Barrel | 416 | 113 | Lc | 140.6292ms, Marlin .17 Mach 2 bolt action rifle - Model 917-M2 Bull Barrel. Rounds were fed via a 10-round curved magazine with polymer follower. . The stock featured a walnut hardwood finish with traditional diamond patterning embossed on the forend and upon the slender pistol grip. A $16.95 handling fee will be charged per order. They are a ton of fun, rather quiet and the ones I own are VERY accurate. Beretta Cheetah. To test this, I sorted a box of CCI V-Max by weight, and another box by cartridge overall length (COAL). The hr1871.com website lists several different series of rifles and at least six different lines that operate from the same basic system. . Marlin came out with their Model 717M2 (with the M2 standing for Mach 2) in 2005 to capitalize on this new round. We stock specialty brands such as Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom, JP Rifles, Cooper Firearms, Caesar Guerini, Cabot, and Les Baer in addition to standard brands like Smith & Wesson, Glock, Ruger, Savage, and Springfield Armory. At the range we discovered that the trigger had a mixture of takeup and creep. Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the January 2021 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. slower 8-barreled Browning Buck Mark pistol, two .17 HM2 bullets fragmented dramatically, depositing all their energy. The V-Max bullets are identical, save the different-colored tips. The Mark II FV is a heavy-barreled version, though its not a true bull barrel. Shooting at American Shooting Centers in Houston (amshootcenters.com), we began our benchrest session by recording five-shot groups from a distance of 50 yards with each test round. I tried the 10/22 conversion about twelve years ago but was afraid to shoot it after all the rumors.