You can insert a toothpick to check level of done-ness. Doesnt have that eggy Paleo texture most baked goods have that Ive tried. I'm an ADHD coach & wellness expert with a mind that runs faster than a quick-dry nail polish. Bonus, this is also a vegan protein mug cake made without eggs or dairy. I welcome constructive criticism, but please be respectful. Hi! Anyways, my all time favourite ice-cream flavour is probably coconut. Almond Milk To keep this recipe dairy-free, we opted for almond milk. 2 tablespoons oat flour almond or regular flour can be substituted. In a microwave safe mug, whisk together protein powder and baking powder. Cottage Cheese Bowl (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #1), Carrots and Cheese Plate (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #2), Tomato and Cheese Plate (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #3), Sliced Apples with Almond & Yogurt Dip (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #4), Edamame Snack with Fruit & Nuts (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #5), Popcorn Mix with Nuts (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #6), Hard Boiled Egg Snack with Veggies (Hunger Crushing Combo #7), Sugar Snap Peas with Guacamole (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #8). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); All time favorite ice cream flavor? Sooo good! Copyright 2021 Chene Today, LLC. Drizzled with runny almond butter, topped with blueberries and nonfat Redi Whip. Ingredients. I tried this mug cake out with several blends of protein powder and these were the best-. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. The best way to stay on track with your wellness + life goals is to keep the reminders and inspiration flowing. Thanks for sharing your modifications, Cheriti! ohhhh seriously. Yes, you can add 1/2 teaspoon extract you love to flavor the recipe. I would only use a paleo protein powder blend if you follow a strict paleo diet. How many grams is the scoop of protein powder? Abbeys Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. Its a quick and healthy way to fix a cake craving in the morning after a workout or in the afternoon. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. 1-2 Tbsp canned pumpkin. teaspoon baking powder 1 tablespoons cocoa powder or raw cacao powder 1 egg lower fat brownie use 2 egg whites. This mug cake would be perfect after my yoga class! I used what I had on hand: cream and cookie flavour protein powder, soy flour but no sugar and no egg or chocolate chips! You can put it back in for another 10 seconds, until just the top still looks a little wet in the middle. Sixty seconds is about all I want to wait to eat a fun treat. Well, let's start out with the obvious - it's cake! I like to nuke for 30s increments for 1.5 minutes and let it sit. Instructions. You can certainly play around with the flavour profile here, depending on what you have on hand and what you prefer. Awesome! In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup. STEP TWO: Dry Ingredients. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Hello, Made 1 cup (metric). Came out dried like the desert Didnt miss one thing What is the problem? Add more easy grass-fed protein to your snacks and meals with these easy recipes! Not all protein powders for mug cake work the same for several reasons they create differences in the final texture, they have additives that dont make a tasty cake, and they arent always very clean! This will be a perfect treat to have this week without the guilt. I topped with a few chocolate chips. Self-rising flour is a flour mixture that includes salt and baking powder, two ingredients that help cake become cake. After years of struggling to find balance I have finally found that there is a way nourish your body while also fueling your soul. Feel free to add more or less sugar depending on how sweet your protein powder is and your preference. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds to start. Vanilla is a cooks secret weapon.? I'm a Registered Dietitian (RD), food and nutrition blogger, award winning cookbook author, a YouTuber, TV host and the founder of Abbeys Kitchen Inc. If you loved this protein mug cake, then you have to try these protein-packed recipes on the blog! Wow! Leave a Comment. Team chocolate all the way! This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. Baking healthy treats with protein powder can be finicky, but if you follow a few simple rules, it's not that hard to figure out. Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack Cuisine :American Servings: 1 mug cake Calories: 197kcal Recipe Source: Chene Lewis Equipment you may need I really only eat it because of what else is in it (i.e. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top if desired. See the recipe card below for full nutritional information. Tasty and healthy! Protein: 44 grams. Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. looks so good! Easy to make as well! (Alternatively, if you don't want to use the microwave, bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F.), If desired, top with chocolate chips and sugar-free whipped cream. 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce. Not just because I think it's beneficial for my own accountability, but also because I'm working on a simple macro planning and tracking program for you guys. Seriously! I believe you dont need to be experienced in the kitchen to make good food using simple ingredients that most importantly, taste delicious. See below in the recipe card for the full ingredients and quantities, but here's a look at the basic ingredients you'll need: This recipe is incredibly simple, so you won't need a lot of special tools to make this protein mug cake: microwave-safe mug or ramekin to make sure the cake will fit after it rises in the microwave, and I also like to use a mini whisk to help whip up the batter. Just made this using sprouts vegan caramel protein powder. For a truly healthy chocolate protein mug cake, I only choose Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein powder. In the past, I would have definitely preferred chocolate, but nowadays Id actually say that I like both chocolate and vanilla equally! Got you covered with this fast and simple protein mug cake. But myfavorite recipes are ones that are quick and easy, and still yield impressive results. 6 tbsp spelt, white, or oat flour (For low carb, make this Keto Mug Cake) 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 tbsp sugar, unrefined if desired 4 tsp additional sugar OR pinch uncut stevia 2 tbsp oil (Many commenters say it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. Copyright 2015-2023 Wholesome Yum. Step 3: Microwave the protein powder . Whisk in almond milk until a batter forms and stir the vegan dark chocolate chips if desired, or keep the batter plain. Le bouton fonctionne il faut appuyer sur print it ensuite la recette souvre dans un nouvel onglet, cliquer print et la votre ordinateur devrais vous envoyer un pop up message si vous avez une imprimante de configurer. Youve gotta try it! These cookies do not store any personal information. Add all of your ingredients into a bowl. Portion into a microwave safe mug (about half way) and heat in microwave for 90 seconds. I have sunflower, hemp protein powders, etc. For those who can tolerate dairy, I recommend using casein protein powder. I will be making this for myself weekly!! My name is Arman Liew, and Im stoked to have you here! Microwave for about 1 minute, Check to see if the mug cake is fully baked. I can't believe that it only takes 60 seconds! For measurements, see the recipe card below. This protein mug cake is quick and easy to make! Please don't forget both your body and soul need nourishment! What toppings would you add to it? I believe in the importance of honoring your cravings, but I also like prioritizing snacks or desserts that are satiating both physically and emotionally. Wholesome Yum | Easy healthy recipes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Your email address will not be published. ), Sign up to save your favorite recipes and articles for free! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. No matter how strict your diet, you too can enjoy this high-protein, high-fiber, low-sugar treat. Thanks! This mug cake is healthier than most, since it uses a clean, neutral source of protein and cuts out white flour and sugar. For the ultimate chocolate caramel treat, top with my 5 minute vegan caramel sauce. Unfortunately, I have found I can breath more easily when I dont eat coconut. (You'll also get free recipes via email.). Copyright Abbey's Kitchen 2023 ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT Privacy Policy All Rights Reserved. The Best Beachbody (BODI) Workouts in 2022, Beachbody's Sure Thing - Sample Workout, Before & After, Beachbody's Xtend Barre Review + Sample Workout, The BEST Fitness Apps For Women (That I Use Daily), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or Shakeology), 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-free Flour. I create easy healthy recipes that your whole family will love, as well as gluten-free keto recipes all with 10 ingredients or less. This three ingredient protein mug cake recipe is so easy to switch up according to your preference! Because I need those for this cake. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below. Use what you have and experiment! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Amount per serving. If you dont need to make this dairy-free, you can use regular cows milk instead. Step One: Start with a microwave-safe mug, and pour your Protein mix into the mug. Sign up to save your favorite keto recipes and articles for free! Thank you for sharing this recipe! Vanilla, chocolate, coconut, blueberry, snickerdoodle, and cinnamon roll mug cakes are just a few popular flavors. My husband made this after his cycle ride and he loved it! Small Batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am ALWAYS looking for something sweet after dinner. This was perfect when I just wanted a small dessert. Wait 30 seconds or so before eating as the mug cake is very hot. Everything else was spot on to the recipe. Many thanks in advance. Ingredients Scale Small mug cake 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice 2 teaspoons agave (see note 1 on sweeteners) 3 tablespoons all purpose flour (see note 2) teaspoon baking powder Pinch of sea salt Mix all of the selected ingredients in a large mug. This three ingredient protein mug cake recipe has 197 calories and 4 net carbs per serving, excluding any toppings or add-ins. Spray a mug/ramekin with non-stick spray. Liz Joyce Step 3. I can't wait to try it out! Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. For an extra (non plant based) finishing touch I tossed some smashed peanut m&ms on top and I swear the final product could be sold in a bakery. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! It is like a blank canvas and can be dressed up in multiple ways. Oh, Chene you've done it again! In a microwave safe large mug or cereal bowl whisk together milk, egg and vanilla until blended. By using this website, you agree to the Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy. Vegan Tahini Beet Power Bowl | Gluten Free Buddha Bowl, Greek Sheet Pan Dinner (Easy Family Friendly Recipe), Vegan Dirty Chai Tea Cocktail | Holiday Party Drink Recipe. (Full disclosure). They all are around the same, but it will vary somewhat depending on flavor and brand. This easy protein mug cake with no flour and no banana is a simple, protein-packed dessert or post-workout snack thats ready in 2 minutes! In a microwave-safe coffee mug (minimum size 1 cup/250ml), whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, protein powder, sweetener, cocoa powder, and baking powder. No I would not suggest making it in a glass UNLESS it is a microwave safe glass mug. Add chocolate protein, flour, baking powder and salt and stir well. Add dry ingredients and egg. Step 2: Transfer your vanilla mug cake batter into a greased mug or microwave-safe cereal bowl. I love topping it with some of my easy almond coconut granola. While this mug cake is a little higher in calories, you can cut the icing or pecans to trim the total fat and calorie count. This recipe is so good. Please DO NOT use any whey based protein powder, as it doesnt lend itself well to baking, and requires very little liquid. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies, Avocado Toast with Roasted Tomatoes (High Protein & Vegan), Sheet Pan Pancakes with Chocolate and Banana, A high-protein snack option (8 grams per serving). , Im not a big fan of vanilla so can I replace vanilla protein powder by cacao powder ? Ive tried many mug cake recipes and this was by far my most successful and tasty attempt! cup oat milk almond milk or any dairy milk can be used That is the best thing ever to do. Add your egg white, milk and mix until a smooth batter remains. Microwave for :45-:60 seconds (which may turn into less or more time depending on how powerful your microwave is) What is the equivalent to "two sachets" of Stevie listed in this recipe? Recommended brand is sold out. From blueberry mug cakes, chocolate mug cakes and even lemon mug cakes, there is a recipe here for everyone! Continue microwaving in 15 second increments until mug cake is fully cooked (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Great recipe! Cooked it for only 60 sec in microwave. Mix in chocolate chips. Registered trademark. Rude or inappropriate comments will not be published. Share a review or comment below to tell me how it goes, Your email address will not be published. All rights reserved. A mug cake with protein powder is a single-serve protein cake baked in the microwave for 90 seconds. For me, this might look like choosing a higher-protein dessert that keeps me full! Ive made this maybe a dozen times and each time 10/10 its great! Add in peanut butter and milk - little at a time - and mix. A protein mug cake (protein powder cake in a mug) is a single serve cake that uses a combination of protein powder, eggs (or vegan substitute), milk and other extras to create a light, fluffy and gooey mug cake. (can sub ghee for paleo or coconut oil for dairy-free), chocolate protein mug cake, protein mug cake, protein mug cake recipe, protein powder mug cake. This is perfect for a quick fix when you just need pure comfort. Mix all of the selected ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Ingredients cake mix chocolate chips canned pumpkin water Recipe 2 Ingredient Mugcake My favorite recipe of all time. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Video Notes Add liquid ingredients. Thanks! However, you can also use oat, soy, or any other plant-based milk of choice. This can be made vegan or gluten free depending on what type of protein powder and flours that are used. It will keep your mixture from sticking to the mug. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. You can also use oil spray! Im a big fan of making sweet treats with hidden protein ingredients, like protein muffins, healthy rice krispie treats, protein balls, and even protein donuts. Tasted like light and airy chocolate cake! So if your microwaving on high, your protein mug cake may require less time. What can I sub the coconut flour for? Three ingredient protein mug cake - microwave recipe! Here youll find lots of healthy recipes, tips for feeding your family and kids, and nutrition myths debunked! Ever since Ive started weight training regularly, Ive made an effort to add protein to all my meals and snacks. I personally have never tried but you can certainly give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Line an 84" loaf pan with parchment paper; leave an overhang to lift out later. Better yet Its next to impossible to mess up because all you need is a microwave, two minutes to spare, and a few very basic ingredients. Step 3: Microwave the protein powder mug cake for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked. Microwave the mug cake for 2 minutes. Make sure that before cooking the mug is no more than half full with batter. I'll be the first to admit, chocolate makes my world go 'round. Remove from microwave. Allow to cool and enjoy! It isnt as thick as casein protein or brown rice protein, but still can be used. Ill pick it over almost every other flavor out there. The egg and flour is fine being cooked in the microwave, just make sure that it isn't too gooey. Is there a substitute please? This tasted much better than I expected because Im not a fan of protein powders, but this recipe cut my sweet tooth needs and was easy to make. Thank You!! Top with additional chocolate if desired. Im not sure what I did wrong mine just didnt really cook or rise do you think because I used almond meal instead of oat flour that could have been it? Is there a gluten free flour that will substitute adequately for the coconut flour in the vegan version of this recipe (sigh..no gluten no eggs no coconut, at least I can still eat chocolate). Here you will find simple, healthy dishes made with whole food ingredients, as well as gluten-free, low carb meals -- all with 10 ingredients or less. Microwave/bake until 'just' cooked in the center. Since this protein powder mug cake is made with just protein powder and a few other ingredients, it makes up most of the flavors in the recipe. Add chocolate protein, flour, baking powder and salt and stir well. Big thank you Abbey. The information on this site is for informational & educational purposes and is not a replacement for individualized medical or nutrition advice. Enjoy! All rights reserved. Click the metric button to see the whole recipe in grams. This is rich and delicious. Contrary to popular belief, you can add protein powder to desserts, especially into mug cakes. I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a teaspoon of instant Starbucks blonde roast. For more yummy treats follow me on instagram@thesaltedsweets. Pumpkin Mug Cake - 6 Ingredients, Vegan. Below, I listed more easy healthy high-protein recipes for you to try: If you like mug cakes, youll love these: Have you made this chocolate protein mug cake? I hope you saved me one . But remember every microwave is different. In a mixing bowl, combine egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond milk. , Last major update: December 8, 2021 Filed Under: Keto Recipes Low Carb Keto Desserts Recipe Videos Almond Flour Recipes Chocolate Recipes Freezer FriendlyMake AheadNo BakeUnder 30 Minutes Dairy-Free OptionKetoPaleo OptionVegetarian Valentine's Day American, Your email address will not be published. Take out a mug, coat it with non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in. I used chocolate flavored whey protein this time. The recipe is mostly made of protein powder, so you do expect to taste it like in your protein shake. Your email address will not be published. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do. I wouldnt recommend adding liquid, the recipe has no eggs as a binder and liquid will dilute the batter that cant firm up. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. *I have included the nutrition information for this recipe above. Do they make vanilla chips? For more information about me, check out my bio here. We used Clean Simple Eats Smores protein and Peanut butter chocolate protein powder. Always speak to a health care provider about your unique needs. Make sure to scrape sides and edges as it will clump powder. How to make a vanilla mug cake with protein powder. Medically reviewed by Abbey Sharp, Registered Dietitian (RD), BASc. Bookmarking it to make later!! 10 ingredients or less. I like to nuke for 30s increments for 1.5 minutes and let it sit. The best single serving post-workout snack or dessert! I love the idea of adding protein powder to this delicious mug cake. Instructions. However, always remember a recipe is so much more than just nutritional content and these numbers do not need to dictate your food choices. I used an 8-ounce mug because I wanted the cake to rise over the top, but know that this does run some risk of the batter boiling over occasionally. Absolutely- Im excited to share a recipe coming up I think youd really enjoy! The 3 flours have very different amount of fiber, proteins that make them bind ingredients differently in the recipe. Mix until chunks are gone completely and the texture of mixture becomes smoother. I recommend using a whey protein if you can tolerate dairy. I used a whey protein, but most all should work. Just watch for any dietary restrictions when needed. Subscribe to get my recipes directly to your inbox. Milk- I like to use cashew milk for this, but you are welcome to use whatever you prefer or have on hand. Instructions. 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup. Baking healthy treats with protein powder, Nicole Wilkins nPower Protein, Vanilla Cupcake flavored, I'm working on a simple macro planning and tracking program for you guys, Vanilla Blueberry Protein Mug Cake with Pumpkin, I tried Openfit for 2 Weeks - Here's What I Think. Its the perfect individual size & so gooey! Hey, Im super excited to try this but I was wondering if theres a type of powder that teens can use? STEP TWO: Dry Ingredients. Whisk in almond milk until a batter forms and stir the vegan dark chocolate chips if desired, or keep the batter plain. By Carine Claudepierre - Published on 09/30/2021 - Last updated on 02/12/2023 - 21 Comments. Casein protein powder is also keto, low carb and sugar free. Healthy White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles. I love a good microwave recipe, especially when it tastes like an indulgent dessert and is packed with protein! Microwave 1:30-1:45 or until you get your desired doneness (I like a gooey middle) I'm so glad you loved it!! Add in the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Add in your water slowly, you just want to add . I absolutely love mug cakes and this one is perfect! They melt on top of the hot cake in the mug and taste delicious. CONSUMER NOTICE: You should assume that the publisher of this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the providers of goods and services mentioned on this website and may be compensated when you purchase from a provider. Just make sure it doesn't have a grainy texture as it will come through in the final product. Because it's mostly protein, it's definitely got a denser, spongier texture than most cakes, but it's still such a delicious indulgence that you can feel great about! Add water to thin out to consistency of wet batter. Nutrition Serving: 1mug | Calories: 190cal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 1g . Microwave for 60-75 seconds, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, but the cake is still moist. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Not only is it high protein, gluten-free, and dairy-free but it also requires only 7 ingredients and minutes to prepare. Add the applesauce and milk, and chocolate chips, and stir to combine. You also dont want to over microwave. Thanks. Thank you. Your email address will not be published. 2 tablespoons protein powder. Without all the right science involved with flour and other ingredients, cakes can be too dense and dry. As all microwaves are different, carefully watch after the first 1 minute and 15 seconds to ensure your mug cake does not overflow. Learn more about me here or at MayaKrampf.Com. Whenever I get a sweet craving, this is the first recipe I reach for! Sprinkle dark chocolate chips on top if you like. Add chocolate chips if desired. I used whole wheat flour and the texture was to die for. Here are the steps for this recipe: Whisk together dry ingredients in your mug. Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately! 1-2 Tbsp water (add slowly until you reach cake batter consistency!) This protein mug cake is best enjoyed fresh. Love that this dessert is made in a mug. Continue microwaving in 15 second increments until mug cake is fully cooked and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Instructions. Image Credit: Mugs for Muscles. Oh, I like to add a piece of dark chocolate. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im Nicole, a Registered Dietitian, recipe developer and content creator on a mission to help individuals rediscover the joys of cooking with easy, accessible, healthy recipes. Theyre too eggy, too dry, or too bland. It's such a great option! So excited to try! I love vanilla. and my favorite ice cream flavor would probably be a chocolate-vanilla swirl with chocolate toppings of course. Gluten and sugar free. Published May 21, 2021 By Abbey Sharp 14 Comments. Jump to recipeThis 5-minute chocolate protein mug cake recipe comes out moist, rich, and chocolaty -- all with 36 grams of protein and 2 grams net carbs. Will def be using again. Touch the top with your finger. Instead of making a mug cake, pour the batter into a large ramekin and bake for 10-15 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. I find that I do notice if that flavour is missing in baked goods, so I generally do add vanilla where possible (but definitely not paired with licorice that would be weird.? Top with additional chocolate if desired. You dont have to top your cake with anything, but these make delicious additions: Im answering the most common questions below, but leave me a comment if you dont see yours listed! It was perfectly moist and gooey, unlike a lot of other mug cake recipes. Hi Sandra, Not this one but I do have a regular chocolate mug cake you can make. Add the water, syrup and vanilla and stir well until . Are those safer and healthier for me to use as a substitute and would it still likely work? If that's you, I'm here to help. This was a great dessert! So if your microwaving on high, your mug cake may require less time. It gives you all the protein of a shake or smoothie, but with a light cake texture that you'll love! Remove from the microwave carefully, it is hot, and check the texture. It's gluten-free, vegetarian, and high protein. Thanks for sharing how you changed it for others to see as well! BOD vs BODi - What's the difference + $$? I LOVE mug cakes because they make the perfect evening dessert and I have all the ingredients for this one. MORE ABOUT CHENE >>, About CheneShop my Favorite ToolsDisclosure PolicyPrivacy PolicyNutrition DisclaimerContact. Buy I do really appreciate a good vanilla. Thats also why I provide only 2 flours for this recipe : coconut OR oat flour, with 2 different ratio. This is such a delicious quick snack after my workout. It still tasted nice but was basically cookie dow and I did heaps of extra time in micro , You cant replace coconut flour or oat flour by almond flour. If you like, you can mix the batter in a mixing bowl, but I usually just whip it all up directly in the mug. Chocolate Chips- Not necessary, but highly recommended. Healthy Recipes, Nutrition Myth Busting, Healthy Eating Tips, Last Updated May 22, 2021. If you like, you can add in a few optional ingredients to boost the sweetness and chocolatey goodness. Stir in the almond milk until the batter is smooth, slightly thick, but still liquid like a chocolate cake batter.