The Mercury Milan with four-cylinder engine has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $19,445 for the base car and $21,410 for the Premier. With all of the companys main decision makers on board including key members of the Ford family that controls 40 percent of the voting stock Ford of the Americas President, Mark Fields, used the annual spring business and []. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Your Mercury's transmission should last between 130,000 to 180,000 milesor right around the expected life of your vehicle. is kind of weak especially with the a/c running but I'm not in any hurry. This just came to pass this spring when we pretty much stopped driving and leaving the house so it has not been a priority. Save products you love, products you own and much more! With all of the Mercedes I was always spending money on repairs!!!! Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2006-2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ vehicles. Loved it! With prices starting just below $20,000, the affordable Milan should appeal to fashion-conscious buyers who want to look good but dont want to spend a fortune doing so. Nothing on the car has failed to function perfectly every time. Maybe it's time to find a new auto battery for your 2007 Mercury Milan. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them. Most controls are simple to use, though some have too many small buttons and the standard "brick" stereo faceplate with its tiny green readouts is seriously outdated. in Literary and Cultural Studies, and is certified to teach English as a Second Language. About 57,000 miles on it and brakes are still in great shape!!! ", "First use of the day backing up squeezing or squreeking sound. Gear selector or linkage, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission. used in 2007 with 14000 miles and it now has 208000. My prior departure from consumer reports recommendations (with ford) have ended badly. Great first car for my son! In less than 45 seconds, Jerry collects all of your information from your existing insurer. We ask all the right questions about the interior, the exterior, the engine and powertrain, the ride and handling, the features, the comfort, and of course, about the price. Also pleased that my a/c is still working in a 13 y/o car which has never had the Freon recharged. Furthermore, one's cell phone address book is also wirelessly and automatically transferred to the Sync as well. You can count on Firestone Complete Auto Cares trained technicians to inspect this system and, if needed, left and right bank lean. If the valves do not properly close, additional brake pedal travel may be required to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Just ask me. View local inventory and get a quote from a . Couldn't have found a better car. Therefore, I will never buy a car with a moon roof again. Cars for Sale; Remote Trunk Release. What is a 2007 Honda Civics life expectancy? True, it's not a fancy or zippy car, but it's a car you can depend on. In side-impact crash tests, the Milan earned five. So, you want to care for your car, but youre not sure when to get certain services. The Courtesy Check helps us see what were working with under the hood, and allows us to alert you to any potential problems before they worsen. Heather B. In addition, the HCU will be tested to detect a possible stuck valve condition, replacing the HCU as necessary. The four-cylinder is a bit coarse. sale near. Aside from normal oil changes, rotating tires, etc., I've had to replace the engine mounts, one reverse light, starter, spark plug, broken door handle and a door lock (the rear passenger door wouldnt stay shut) and I was having some trouble where the head and taillights would turn themselves on after shutting off the engine but the issue seemed to have resolved itself?? Short trips and extreme temperatures can shorten the overall life expectancy of your Mercury Milan battery. Instead of waiting for an issue to arise with your Milan, you can stay ahead of problems before they even begin. And although decent performers, neither the base four-cylinder nor the optional V6 can challenge the top rivals in terms of all-out acceleration and refinement. 28 MPG 60% highway/country roads. Rear Floor Mats. Save products you love, products you own and much more! oil changes, tire rotations, brake pad replacement, filter changes, and fluid checks and exchanges. 73.2 years (life expectancy at birth, both sexes combined) Females. Used car values are constantly changing. , as well as ample interior space and numerous tech features. The floor mat could shift such that it could interfere with the accelerator pedal, preventing its return to an idle position, which could result in unintended vehicle speeds, increasing the risk of a crash. Ford's number for this recall is 19S01. engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. No problems since.". A list of some of the most common issues Milan owners have to deal with. Get reliability information for the 2006 Mercury Milan from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Body . Overall it is a decent car if you maintain it well and show it some TLC! The interior is well made and space is generous. Prices of some competitive midsize sedans Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima start slightly below the Milan, but top-end versions cost considerably more. in English and Philosophy, an M.A. Unlike the tens of millions of airbag inflators already recalled in millions of vehicles, the 2.7 million inflators have a drying agent (desiccant) called calcium sulfate used to protect the explosive chemical, ammonium nitrate, from moisture., , including the 2006-2008 Mercury Milan. Along with the Ford, it's based on a larger version of the Mazda 6 platform, so the Milan combines the 6's athleticism with more passenger room than its Japanese cousin. Most 2007 Focuses will have over 100,000 miles so prospective buyers should be prepared to replace air conditioning lines for $450, the water pump costing $500, and the wheel hub which costs $250. Three weeks later I traded it in on a Honda Accord Sport. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" or "Zone B" above, Ford is recalling certain 2007-2008 Ford Ranger, Edge and Lincoln MKX, 2006-2008 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ, 2005-2008 Ford Mustang and 2005-2006 Ford GT vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. It needed a new computer", "The oil pan developed a leak causing material oil loss between changes", "Valve Cover Gasket failed and needed replacing. All systems failed including power steering and power breaks. Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. No fees, ever. Option highlights include a voice-activated navigation system, an upgraded audio system, satellite radio, a sunroof, a rear spoiler, heated front seats and wood-grain interior trim. Not really. Even at 13 years old still looks good! I have done break, tires, tran flush, oil changes, that activator switch for the trunk last week, and just replace an oil pressure sensor showing low oil pressure at idle. Intermittent Wipers. According to MSN, potential drivers should "expect just average highway performance with the 4-cylinder engine." The Car Connection agrees, noting that although "it's not going to blow . Find aused certified pre-owned Mercury Milanfor sale. on how 2000 through 2022 vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the The average Jerry user saves $887 a year on car insurance. Youd be surprised what you can learn by hauling a dirt bike, hunting for a wayward sippy cup, or just packing the trunk full of groceries. how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. With an average speed of 50+ miles per hour I am averaging 24.5 miles to the gallon, better than I anticipated. Mechanical issues happen to the best of us, and it's essential to address them right away. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2007-2011 Ranger, 2006-2012 Fusion, Lincoln Zephyr, Lincoln MKZ, 2006-2011 Mercury Milan, 2007-2010 Ford Edge, and Lincoln MKX vehicles. On the plus side, Mercury Milans tend to be. What a pleasant surprise. Way to go Ford! Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. The only things I?ve spent money on are tires and a battery!!! Sure, the Milan has its problems but at least it's better than the Mariner. Click here to sign up for exclusive offers. Milan owners have made 123 complaints over 6 model years. We finally ended up taking out the entire center console where we found a broken piece of plastic. Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers. We dont recognize that sign in. If the valves do not properly close, additional brake pedal travel may be required to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain all weather driver side accessory floor mats sold for use in model year 2006-2011 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan, 2006 Lincoln Zephyr, and 2007-2011 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured November 9, 2007, through October 31, 2010. She has a B.A. Unfortunately, those people will have to live without stability control, as this key safety feature is not offered on the Milan. Ford mechanics misdiagnosed the problem and fixed non-existant problems 4 times with no improvement to performance. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. The Milan has 1 generation available in North American markets. Our technicians have the knowledge and tools to repair and maintain the heating and cooling systems for your Mercury Milans engine, and we can service your A/C system, too. your Milan has a good chance of hitting 200,000 miles or more. Except for a couple of batteries, nothing has ever gone wrong with it until recently when there was a problem with steering. The average lifespan for a Mercury Milan is, Once again, many factors affect how many years, car will last. support your engines overall performance and keep your 2007 Mercury Milan running newer, longer. Otherwise, your battery could die unexpectedly, leaving you and your Milan stranded. Owners of the vehicle give it 4.7 out of 5 stars. Had air in the brake lines both times, and brakes had to be bled", "master cylinder and its controls failed", "There may be a leak in the cylinder, causing the pedal to go soft occasionally", "brakes went to floor. Heated Exterior Driver Mirror. Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Ford is recalling certain 2009 Ford Ranger, Edge, Fusion and Mustang, Lincoln MKX, MKZ and Zephyr and Mercury Milan vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Ford's number for this recall is 21S12. For a roomy midsize sedan, the Milan posts solid fuel economy numbers. ", "had to be 'reflashed' with the new transmission". "The radio lost the illumination several years ago. I have had this car for 5 yrs now. Driving conditions, climate variations, and other variables can affect which scheduled maintenance services youll need; Love the moonroof and the dash design. The part was inexpensive, but was difficult to get to and replace so labor was expensive. "Drive shaft replaced at 40,000 miles under warranty. Except for slight road noise on some surfaces, plus some engine noise during hard acceleration, the V6 Milan is impressively quiet. Available styles include Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A), 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M), Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M), Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A), 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A), and 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A). The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey There have been more confirmed casualties due to the inflators, and now theres a stop-driving order for certain Ranger owners before it happens again. It demonstrates a willingness to corner and change directions at speed with enthusiasm. The car pearl white had windows tinted don't think it was a waste of money buying a used car people buy used cars all the time. Two-Tone InteriorPremium touches are the main reason to buy a Milan rather than a Fusion, and two-tone upholstery helps give this sedan a stylish, additional inducement. type of car you're interested in and then select a used car from our massive database to Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Making a schedule for oil changes, fluid checks, and more is a great idea. Not sure what type of oil to use for your 2007 Mercury Milan? changed out the sensor for coolant system", "Failure of a sensors under dash against firewall. 2007 Ford Fusion Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $4,750 - $5,525 Join for Ratings and Reviews The Ford Fusion is agile and satisfying to drive, with a sporty feel. Still, the imports are ahead in resale. Find aused certified pre-owned Mercuryfor sale. But experts point out that a longer life can bring health and . Table 3. Interim letters informing owners of the recall and that parts are not yet available began mailing March 1, 2017. Signup for free email alerts over at CarComplaints.com. The Mercury Milan with four-cylinder engine has a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $19,445 for the base car and $21,410 for the Premier. Jacqulyn has formally studied writing and composition pedagogy for over ten years. ", "the radio worked fine, however the display kept getting dimmer and dimmer until it quit entirely. Instead, I got a used radio. It?s always been 100% reliable The Mercury Milan is a mid-size car that was marketed by the Mercury division of Ford Motor Company.Named after Milan, an Italian city, the Milan was sold across the 2006 to 2011 model years across a single generation.The smaller of two model lines developed to replace the Mercury Sable, indirectly succeeding the Mercury Mystique as the smallest Mercury sedan. Easy to drive, the Milan doesnt lean much in curves and stays on course, but more enthusiastic drivers might prefer it to be more precise. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. It has been comfortable and. NOTE: Vehicles built after October 31, 2010, while potentially equipped with the same floor mats, are equipped with a Brake Over Accelerator (BOA) feature that prevents simultaneous accelerator and brake application, allowing the vehicle to be safely stopped by pressing firmly and steadily on the brake pedal. I also have circuit issues in the car my headlights go out all the time. able to find a newer version but I think they have discontinued this vehicle. This along should be a good reason to avoid Milan and Fusion models with this part, and perhaps all Milan and Fusion. This requires my mechanic to find the source of the squeak/ rubbing noise and to lubricate the parts. Here to discuss how many miles a Mercury Milan will last is. Available on iPhone and Android. Once you have identified a used vehicle The AC was not working well, my wife said that was the way it always worked. SIRIUS Satellite Radio, all-wheel drive (V6 only) and a DVD navigation system lead the options list for 2007. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2006-2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ vehicles. I was coming off my MDX lease and was looking for a more gas mileage friendly vehicle. The recall began April 1, 2021. The V6 with AWD earns one mpg less in each category. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install new replacement mats, free of charge. The. Near end of life, (225K). or sooner if you feel a lack of power when you accelerate. Jacqulyn Graber is an insurance writer from Manhattan, New York. What amazes me is that you see so few on the road given our experience. I have tried the 10.9 hex bolt and the. Looked a 2003 jag but it did not hold a candle to the millan premiere hands down the better car. A couple years later it has now dimmed out entirely. I would have purchased another one! Firestone Complete Auto Care is your spot for 2007 Mercury Milan maintenance. Antilock disc brakes, front-seat side airbags and side-curtain airbags are standard on all Milans. 5 subscribers Broken idler pulley bolt on a 2006 mercury Milan. Wind and road noise are well muted at freeway speeds, and the transmissions offer crisp gearchanges up or down. Offered with a choice of a fuel-efficient four-cylinder or powerful V6 engine, the Milan features enough diversity to satisfy all but the most hardcore driving enthusiast. Running tally of owner grievances filed to CarComplaints.com. We can take care of that. Come to Firestone Complete Auto Care for manufacturer-recommended routine maintenance on your 2007 Mercury Milan Have replaced usual parts (tires, brakes (only once), one tie rod, one control arm, serpentine belt, battery, oil and filters). Influence-free. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver-side airbag inflator or module with an alternate one, free of charge. It starts on the first try, even when the temp is -20F. We try to boil down it to the most important bits about things that actually help you with your car problem. where P = total problems reported during the life of a Mercury Milan model year; S = total units sold of the model year; Y = years since the debut of the model year (the age of the vehicle). Several suspension parts have needed replacement", "Leaking from the power steering cooling unit which has to be replaced", "Needed to be replaced noisy and rough ride wear and tear", "it's the swing arms? Owners may contact Ford's customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Buying something as mundane as bottled water can be beguiling and the decision may come down to which bottles have the most eye-catching design. Your username maybe be your email address. Among these are a reverse parking sensor, the Mercury "Sync" multimedia system (which integrates devices such as cell phones and MP3 players into the vehicle's controls) and upgraded interior ambient lighting. Keyless Entry. Are Mercury Milans expensive to maintain? Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" or "Zone B" above, Ford is recalling certain 2007-2008 Ford Ranger, Edge and Lincoln MKX, 2006-2008 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ, 2005-2008 Ford Mustang and 2005-2006 Ford GT vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.