I found the best ocean view hotel in Waikiki Hawaii - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort \u0026 Spa and here is my DETAILED review and walkthrough of the hotel, common grounds and a beautiful king bed ocean front room review. Nearby Recently Sold Homes. For more information, see my disclosures here. Nearby homes similar to 690 W Santa Ana Ave have recently sold between $280K to $385K at an average of $245 per square foot. . This hotel offers several types of suites, ranging in size from 450-640 square feet. I recently stayed at the Hyatt Centric Waikiki and Hyatt Regency Waikiki on another awesome trip to Oahu, my favorite island, and want to share my assessments, which may help you choose on your next trip if the pricing for both is similar, as it was for us. Higher class hotels usually have this two-part system to get to your room, and I usually dont mind, but it definitely was more convenient to just pop up and down and access the street quickly at the Centric. Some of the top amenities include an outdoor pool, a marina, and pool cabanas. Enjoy your trip!! The biggest reason we chose this hotel is that it is located right outside the Disneyland entrance and is only a 5-minute walk. But Regency has views from the pools, whereas Centric does not. The family vibe continues into the evening, with nightly entertainment and families dining on the terrace as the sun sets. It is also right across from the beach and the views from the lanai are AMAZING. polynesian cultural center Regency has yukatas available on request. Oceanfront Overlook the Pacific Ocean while enjoying the comforts of this spacious accommodation, ranging between 307-421 square feet. The location isn't perfect as you do have to cross a busy street to get to the beach, but that isn't that hard to do and then you are on one of the most famous beaches in the world. The Hyatt Regency Waikiki is located directly across from the Duke Kahanamoku Statue along Kalakaua Avenue. Of the Hyatts in the Waikiki area, my understanding is that the Hyatt Regency Waikiki has the best pool area. At least one of my friends really cares about this. Unique Activities for folks who have been many time. The Ocean Front of the Rainbow Tower is among the limited accommodations in entire Waikiki to offer vast view of the Pacific Ocean and the Diamond Head in the same view, thanks to the unique location of the 31 story building. And no, I dont know what would happen if you accidentally killed the fish. With 1,230 rooms, including 19 suites, its a huge property. The sandy beach has, Marriott Resort Waikiki beach is a three-and-a-half-pearl, 1,310-room resort located across the street from the beach, along the southeast edge of Waikikis strip. Sq Ft. Off Market. There was free breakfast and 2 free evening drinks for Globalists at Regency, but no food available at Centric (500 points per night instead). Your experience at the hotel can be more memorable, seeing people from all over the world having fun on the vibrant Waikiki Beach. 2,429 Sq. Ft. 9507 Elm Ave, Fontana, CA 92335. The room I got was ADA-compliant since it was the only type of Ocean Suite they had left. Im leaning Regency for the view but am worried that it and the beach will be packed, and because its summer break there will be tons of families. Breakfast in the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Regency Club is served from 6AM - 10AM and on my visit consisted predominately of pastries, sweet bread, sliced meat, muffins, brie, fruits, salad, salmon, rice, and miso. I think for Hyatt elites with access to the Regency Club this hotel can represent a very good value for the area, especially when paid rates are reasonable. Were working on getting current and accurate heat risk information. Yup, no issues getting WOH points and elite nights, in fact I requalified for my Globalist status with that stay! In addition to being steps from the islands sought after stretch of sand, the property boasts incredible views of popular hiking spot, Diamond Head State Monument. Hotel-Scoop.com is a travel resource site with detailed hotel reviews of lodging worth talking about, from professional globetrotting travel writers. luau The staff is amazing and helpful. The Scoop on Denver Metro Hotels Openings 2023 and Beyond, The Plaza Hotel Las Vegas Retro Cool in Downtown, Top Family Resort on St. Pete Beach: TradeWinds Island Grand, Sebastian Hotel in St. Augustine Has Location and Views, Return to Glory at the Fenway Hotel in Dunedin, Florida, A Refreshed Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan in the Golden Zone by the Beach, Doubletree Hotel by Hilton in Youngstown, Ohio, Virgin Hotel Las Vegas: Cool and Comfortable a Bit Off the Strip. Redfin does not endorse or guarantee this information. Located on the widest stretch of beach, our 22-acre paradise features the best pools and waterslides in Waikiki, as well as the only saltwater lagoon. I found the best ocean view hotel in Waikiki Hawaii - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa and here is my DETAILED review and walkthrough of the hotel, c. Were working on getting current and accurate fire risk information. Thanks to the location of the Rainbow Tower, the view from the lower floors is as good as it can be because there is no other building to block it. At Centric its a private label brand. I agree that Regency is probably not the best choice for this peak season, but actually I would recommend Hyatt Place over Hyatt Centric based on two friends who have independently stayed at all 3 hotels. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The average homes sell for around list price and go pending in around, can sell for around list price and go pending in around. Note: since the connector between the rooms has two doors, if you close one, it is unable to be opened from the other side. The hotel mostly attracts Japanese and American families, though some business travelers and couples also stay here. Regencys response time is significantly slower, sometimes 30-60 min compared to Centrics 5-10 min. Even so, this Hyatt is a nice option for the area, with fresh and modern interiors. Escape to a tropical hideaway at Hilton Hawaiian Village. This 3rd floor Ocean Front View is completely misrepresented. Sounds like Centric is all business. $387,398. Air-conditioned rooms are bright and modern, and all include furnished lanais with amazing mountain, city, or . Each layout preserves the Hawaiian cultural context while providing a clutter-free space with crisp white linens and flexible furnishings. Most homes have some risk of natural disasters, and may be impacted by climate change due to rising temperatures and sea levels. Top amenities include an outdoor pool, pool cabanas, and a nightclub. We love the idea of seeing the ocean from our room, it's a definite must whenever we go on vacation. Modern bathrooms are spotless, equipped with rainfall shower/tub combos and free spa-branded toiletries. Homes similar to 6690 Charlene Ave are listed between $750K to $1M at an average of $490 per square foot. Amenities are generous, and include air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, empty mini-fridges, iPod docking stations, laptop-compatible safes, phones, ironing facilities, and free Wi-Fi. Interestingly, oceanview rooms are smaller in size than city or mountain view rooms. The Centric and Regency were both 20,000 points per night, so I instead opted to pay about $200 all-in to enjoy and review the Hyatt Regency Waikiki for the first time. There's also a 24-hour business center with modern meeting rooms. Homes sell for around list price and go pending in around 35 days. We used a Suite Upgrade Award for our stay in anticipation of many Globalists staying at this hotel at the same time. This is a huge deal to me. The ground floor is not the official reception of the hotel; reception is on the third floor. I guess thats the trade-off. ", A verified traveler stayed at Kings Inn Anaheim at the Park & Convention Center, A verified traveler stayed at Cambria Hotel Anaheim Resort Area, A verified traveler stayed at Hyatt Regency Orange County, A verified traveler stayed at JW Marriott Anaheim Resort, A verified traveler from Buena Park stayed at Good Nite Inn Buena Park, "Booked 3 rooms for a one-night stay, around a day at Disneyland for our extended family. A generous breakfast buffet with hot and cold options is served every morning, though this is an expensive extra. The rooms are much bigger than some other hotels such as the Hilton and the Sheraton. . Both of our rooms had a lanai with a small table and chairs to enjoy the panoramic ocean view and a great view of Diamond Head. 3 Beds. Not a bad deal, but I didnt really need it and the Family Suite was good enough for our co-working purposes. Typically we would bring the breakfast back to the room to eat on the lanai. Can I Still Snorkel Ahihi-Kinau Area Reserve? Reading at the pool is a big bonus and maybe no restaurant and lanai will keep me from my bad habit of wastimg too much time watching bad TV at hotels, I can do that in Wichita . How competitive is the market for this home? REDFIN and all REDFIN variants, TITLE FORWARD, WALK SCORE, and the R logos, are trademarks of Redfin Corporation, registered or pending in the USPTO. The in-room coffee and tea at Regency are better. No hassle or fuss. The sink area was in the main part of the room, while the shower and toilet were in a separate room. The pool at Centric is just a foot pool like 1 foot deep with lounge chairs in the pool. The only downfall is that the resort rooms needs to be renovated Thank you and we will definatly return . Honolulu International Airport is a 30-minute drive away, depending on traffic. Even though the hotel is not as modern and doesnt scream out luxury, the views make up for it. Just Go with It Hawaii Scenes Filmed mostly at Grand Wailea. 7215 San Pasqual St, Lemon Grove, CA 91945. Review of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort, This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. ", 1221 W Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA, 92663. I didnt see the point of spending any time there when there was the rest of Waikiki and island to enjoy. The propertys location also makes it easy to walk to a plethora of eateries, stores and area attractions including Kapiolani Regional Park, the Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium. Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Members of the World of Hyatt rewards program can earn and redeem points here. 2 Baths. This is run by a Japanese company, though they do also speak English and offer outdoor programs, field trips, and swimming in addition to the nursery care for the younger ones. Suites add separate living areas and kitchenettes. Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa features some of the largest guestrooms in Waikiki. Nearby homes similar to 16690 San Bernardino Ave have recently sold between $385K to $833K at an average of $340 per square foot. Some of the top amenities include 3 outdoor pools, pool cabanas, and 3 spa tubs. bike While this is true for beachgoers of all ages, children are particularly at risk for ocean-centric hazards. All guests should be prepared to pull up their Safe Travels account on their phone, laptop or electronic device of choice, to show their negative COVID-19 test result. The Hyatt Regency Waikiki has a grand total of 1,230 rooms and suites. Prices and availability subject to change. I would not hesitate to return to the Hyatt Regency Waikiki in the future, though my first choice, if the price was right, would still be the Westin Moana Surfrider. Redfin Estimate based on recent home sales. Nice thing about the 6th floor view was the palm trees. Free Travel Planners for Hawaii & each island. 6690 Charlene Ave was built in 1961 and last sold on December 15, 2020 for $535,000. Rooftop restaurant was good. This makes it very efficient to get to/from your room and pop out onto the street quickly. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. World of Hyatt FAQs; Existing Reservations. There were no complimentary suite upgrades to be had here, and based on a conversation I overheard at check-in, that is often the case. Our points-obsessed staff uses a plethora of credit cards on a daily basis. "Great location and ocean view. READ REDFIN'S, Do not sell or share my personal information. I just canceled a trip to Europe and am looking at booking one of these hotels. The hot tub is bigger at Centric than Regency, though. If you are into evening cocktails, they are available in the Regency Club for $4 - $6 per glass. It was especially fun to get some pizza, salad and drinks at Round Table Pizza in the resort, put everything on the table in the corner of the room, and eat them on the balcony at night. While oceanview rooms tend to offer a partial view of the ocean, oceanfront rooms have a more direct view and are often located in short distance from the water, so you can hear . more. It was worth way more than the few dollars I paid. This wasnt a big deal as I got musubis every morning or went out for all the amazing food Oahu has to offer. Centric doesnt have a laundromat, but they offer free packets of Tide detergent. Nice thing about this is that if you have good eyes, you can just go out to the balcony and check how much crowd is there before you actually go down. I had 'first breakfast' consisting of the meats and fruits and then came back a while later after surfing to have a late breakfast/early lunch consisting of the rice and miso soup. I had actually purchased a 1 month Biki plan for $15 already (unlimited 30-min rides), but I showed Regency the receipt and they gave us $8 credit. Would definitely stay here again. All rights reserved. Improve earnings, maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips. Hello! vans ultrarange rapidweld vs exo. This hotel is located right across from the Duke Kahanamoku Statue, marking the most famous stretch of Waikiki Beach. hula I was too tired to really care, but it was noticeable. Dive into local culture with daily activities and our on-site luau and discover a picture-perfect stay . ", A verified traveler stayed at Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel, A verified traveler stayed at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, "Very clean and modern pool deck. The real thing may be a different beach altogether, a big, 2424 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815-3233, United States. I did it just for fun and was able to choose Sashimi. hotels REDFIN and all REDFIN variants, TITLE FORWARD, WALK SCORE, and the R logos, are trademarks of Redfin Corporation, registered or pending in the USPTO. Updated room with great view. Weve rounded up. This home last sold for $282,000 on Feb 11, 2021. Based on Redfin's market data, we calculate that market competition in 93612, this home's neighborhood, is very competitive. Room was roomy and clean and very comfortable. Based on Redfin's market data, we calculate that market competition in 92114, this home's neighborhood, is very competitive. 1 / 25. Evening appetizers are served from 5PM - 7PM with desserts making an appearance from 7PM - 9PM. Huge 6000+ corner lot. But it was the view that got everyones attention. Free Standing Range/Oven, Electric Appliances. Property information provided by SDMLS when last listed in 2020. Find her on Twitter @drebmann. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. One time. The massive two-tower Hyatt Regency Waikiki is very close to the ocean, but it is technically across the street, so you can't just walk off from the property to the sand without first crossing the road. Itll probably be back soon so this paragraph will be outdated by the time you read this, anyways. Attentive staff - Tri was very helpful and accomodative of our requests to make our stay amazing. Climate risk data is provided for informational purposes only. How many photos are available for this home? They have three betta fish available for your enjoyment, named Sashimi, Ikaika, and Manapua, and they provide the food and instructions on how to feed it (3-4 pellets once a day). We saw breathtaking sunsets from this room and also beautiful rainbows over the ocean in the morning. (Multiple electric outlets were easily accessible.) But, while beaches can mean refreshing dips and lovely sunsets, they also pose several dangers. ft. house located at 4690 E California Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104 sold for $94,500 on Jun 28, 2013. The Regency suite has 2 bathrooms since it is 2 rooms. Copyright: 2023 Redfin. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Review and photos by San Francisco Bay Area travel writer and television correspondentDana Rebmann. There's also an attractive spa for those who want to relax, offering massage and beauty treatments in a tranquil setting overlooking the ocean. The property has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 family rooms and great backyard. Dreaming of Moving to Maui? Due to the pandemic, Globalist breakfast was cancelled, so we received 500 points per day as a courtesy instead. Nearby homes similar to 6690 Charlene Ave have recently sold between $600K to $860K at an average of $540 per square foot. ", A verified traveler stayed at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, "Was nice. This room category falls right in the middle of oceanview and beachfront. Like any good Waikiki mega-resort, the Hyatt Regency is packed with features, though some are a little underwhelming and fees have a tendency to add up (despite an already obnoxious daily resort fee). It has a full ocean view without obstructions, and particularly an incredible view from the upper floors. Oceanfront rooms always face the ocean, this type of room is perfect for lovers of the sea. The fireworks will be launched slightly towards the ocean, so it should be visible from the Ocean Front, but not from the Marina/Ocean View. What are some of the best restaurants on Maui? All of the staff I encountered at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki was very professional and gracious. In general, the furniture was pretty basic and uninspiring, unlike the Hyatt Centric. Thank you. There are over 1,200 newly renovated rooms at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki, happens twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4PM - 8PM, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Hyatts Work From Hyatt program, which offered a free connecting room, was exactly the same as this Family Ocean Suite, just with slightly different furniture (permanent beds and desks in both rooms). hyatt place vs hyatt regency; 2022726 . It's also situated along Waikikis main strip, Kalakaua Avenue, putting a mile-long stretch of restaurants and shops within an easy walk. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Where do I find information about ocean safety? There are over 1,200 newly renovated rooms at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki, and I was in room 2563 with a comfortable king bed, a daybed, patio, great blackout curtains, and a five star view. Hyatt Regency Waikiki is a beachfront property with incredible views. If you haven't already noticed from the pool amenities image, this hotel has a very large percentage of Asian visitors, especially from Japan. Centric is much more simple and convenient as a hoteljust go straight up from the ground floor to your floor. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.