I called the company so I could exchane it but I have to pay shipping. the first home I woned was a manufactured home, and I first used zone-heating to beat the cost of heating the outdoors through the leaky ducts (until I repaired them, of course !) Ads for EdenPURE portable infrared heaters promise energy savings of up to 50 percent. Asked store manager about the eden pure heater and when we looked online, the same 1500 watt unit is rated at the same 5000+ btu's. He is retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the Texas Army National Guard. they will endorse anything for a price . The best way to save money (in the long run), is to not only comply with your electricity company replacing things in your home that will give you a lower rate per kwh. Received a reconditioned unit a week ago. Bigger homes and those in colder climates cost. *** So the smaller heater will produce heat but others that I have tried burn the air. Manufacturers of electric space heaters want you to believe that using one of their devices will lower your heating bill. My personal choice - an oil-filled radiator, with the price tag of around $40 to $60. The big SCAM not mentioned is the advertised life of the Edenpure US-1000 or Gen4 heaters. Electric heat is VERY expensive, no matter how much you pay for your heater. A FEW YEARS AGO A CITY ELECTRIC INSPECTER TOLD ME SOMETHING THAT REALLY WORKS. I was told that they were still processing my order and that it would have been sent out this week (SURE). [8], When asked about Burkett's role in the controversy, David Van Os, Burkett's lawyer, responded with the hypothesis that someone may have reconstructed documents that they believed existed in 1972 or 1973.[9]. You have to have a control then you have to know all of the temperatures outside, the amount of insulation, the temps in the house, the furnace size and type (gas , electric, propane) how 'tight' the house is and several other factors. The air movement inside an Edenpure heater is blowing the coldest air on the base of the bulbs and the bulbs cycle on and off frequently. Oil heaters transfer heat by convection. 1st Lt. George W. Bush in uniform. Space heater - Wikipedia It just says if you use an Eden Pure heater to do "zone heating"I you will save money. EdenPURE sells their heaters all day long on their website for $247 plus free shipping so where you got your $400 figure is a mystery. I use two in my basement that have been working constant for three years (except for the summer months) and still work fine. Especially true if the ductwork is uninsulated or leaks air. I am sold on the Eden Pure, but I will have to say I did see one just before seeing this page that is described much in the same way as the Eden Pure Gen4 but is marked down to $219. A friend of mine purchased 2 after experiencing my heater. A $50.00 Lasko has the exact same efficiency as its EP $450.00 counterpart. Many people who complain about heat pump performance (it blows cold air, it's expensive to operate, etc.) I am preparing to do that now. Unfortunately, the Eden Pure ad does not lie. Bill Burkette, original voice of The Vogues, dies at 75 It seems the less expensive ones will not last as long (20,000hrs vs 80,000hrs, for the more expensive. For now it has a basic menu of hamburgers & wings. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is trying to save money while trying to stay warm. One of the most important features and benefits of the Eden Pure vs one of the $50 that may heat the same space I would not trust most of those $50 heaters or anything that can be turned over easily and I certainly would never leave my home with one of those heaters on. They don't claim it will save you money. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on January 12, 2011: Cold in Mass, you can only run your heater 1 1/2 hours at .17 a kilowatt, not all night. Your heating in the northern regions will typically average somewhere around $500/month. Kinko's", "CBS Says It Can't Vouch for Bush Documents", "THE 2004 CAMPAIGN: MILITARY SERVICE; An Ex-Officer Now Believes Guard Memo Isn't Genuine", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bill_Burkett&oldid=1005909946, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 10 February 2021, at 01:33. My electric bill actually increased. A space heater with a linear source of infrared radiant energy in heat exchange relationship with a heat exchanger formed of copper or aluminum material. And Sylvania's bulb life testing, like all other lamp manufacturers, is performed in still air with infrequent on/off cycles (once a day to once a week). Anybody can sell anything and make great claims and never have to prove them.I am a electrican and 1500 watts is 1500 watts no matter what shape or size. You are just cutting costs by heating a smaller areasomething you could have done without a $400 space heater. If you buy one of the cheapies to make do, your dollars are going out the window. EdenPURE claims stretch the truth. Both heated equal areas in comparable ways, even though the Lasko only costs about $50. [5], Burkett's claims about the origins of the documents have since changed several times. Why do you think they would do that? to produce those BTUs. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on October 31, 2011: John, it should remind you of every politician. Mine stopped working 2nd yr. @$400 no thanks! is too low you end up, cutting in a supply grill to bring the temp. Bought one of the USA made heaters last year and found the heater to be less effective than any of the other electric heaters I have used in the past. Bob Vila was dropped by Sears for problems with post job problems and costs associated. Bob Villa EdenPURE Heaters Are a Scam! - Dengarden Thanks for the good info that saved me. The EdenPURE portable electric heater is a scam by my count. For your reference, I use Lasko heaters in my home and office. I used to like him on this old house , but like many of the over the hill broke celebs. I have a completely electric home and wanted to reduce my electric bill as it is very high now. Yes other heaters have safety cut off switches but there not much good if your sofa has set on fire because the fire was too close. If you have 5000 BTU, you can comfortably heat a space around 100-200 sq.ft with outside temperature of 20-30 F and typical insulation. First of all, because it is silent. FACT: Nonsense. Whether it saves more money than all the others is not the issue. Jobinhoud: Voor een familiebedrijf in Ranst gaan wij op zoek naar een Customer Service Officer die zal fungeren als centraal aanspreekpunt voor onze klanten.Je helpt hen enthousiast verder bij vragen ivm het productaanbod, prijzen, bestellingen & klachten.Verder bestaat jouw takenpakket uit: Afhandelen van eigen dossiers (bestelbonnen aanpassen, lijsten opmaken, leveringen/retourbons inzetten,) There not trying to rip you off or scam you. Some of the comments by others state they have a comfortable house because the bought the heaters and they were 'comfortable'. If you have any questions with any of our products both before or after your purchase, please feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-877-432-8639. Bill Burkett - Wikipedia Design in an electric heater is everything. I don't think this is a good business now I have a machine that doesn't work. P.S. Updating my comments on the EdenPure. If a simple electric space heater can cut energy consumption by 50 percent, then the government may wish to promote the product with tax incentives in order to break Americas dependence on foreign oil. Staffing and Recruiting. The customer service for these things is terrible, they leave you waiting on line for long periods listen to a recording telling you over and over you will wait less than a minute. Bill Burr (Slight Return) | Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse As for bob vila. I took a look at these today in a True Value store. Saying you might cut your heating bill in half is a lie. Hello everyone,Wow what a group of knowledge about the Eden pure heater glad that I came upon this Hub.I find the info very good, and I would like to thank all of you for your comments especially Energy Eng.,Lots of good suggestions and just good ole plain sense.I've been looking at getting one of the Eden pures and just trying it out to see if it will accommodate some of my heating needs.My wife and I are not sure what type to get ,but we know that the basic hearter furnance is not the most efficient.We will try it and get back to you all.Again thanks for the info and the laughs.God bless and have a wonderful Christmas and Holidays. I guess after all those years pushing Sears tools, Villa decided to push yet another scam. But I'm sure they will be $94.80 two years from now. My last post was cut off - 2) A btu is a btu 1500 watts is 5100 btu's .That is all you can put on a 120 volt 15 amp curcuit . A 1500 watt heater is a 1500 watt heater REGARDLESS of how much you promote it or charge for it! You are dead wrong pilgrim. They can be made of solid fabric or in the case of honeycomb (cellular) shades can be a blend of paper, lace, and/or fabrics. Certainly the bedrooms are cooler, but remember it is a zone heater not meant to warm the entire area of 1250 sq ft, although the bedrooms are not cold. Electric space heaters fall into four main categories: fan heaters, ceramic, infrared, and oil-filled. 1500 watts of electric heat will cost you the same in a $20.00 heater, or a ripoff $400.00 one. Christo T 575 subscribers Subscribe 87K views 5 years ago How to change the Thermostat settings on Bradford. This scam reminds me of Obama: you can pretty much lie and say anything you want for a long time and get away with it ! Heating the ceramic creates a more even heat. Zone heat is just that whether you use a single zone heater or have your central system set up that way. Ductless Heating & Cooling. About 8 years ago, I got an estimate for ZONE HEATING for my home including the garage. Doubled Electric bill, no effect on gas consuption. Infrared heaters are efficient and fast, and can also be a good choice for fast zone heating as they have fans (with all the consequences I mentioned above). He had to pay 25 bucks to ship it. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. You don't need an EdenPURE product to close vents around your home, not in use. I am glad you enjoy your EdenPURE heater. 1) If a person commenting on this site is in the HVAC business they are automatically biased against EdenPURE because it competes with their services. Although electric heaters do heat a room, there are more energy efficient ways of doing that. This can be an effective do-it-yourself project, just be careful doing so, or get someone experienced to help you. I purchaser 2 EP 2 years ago and they work fine in my 1900sq foot home.I bought them to stop those money grubbing gas companys.I read all you're complaints,and no one had the common sense to understand some people may just want to get the oil money suckers out of their lives. To reduce how much electricity or gas your hot water uses and bring your bills down, consider these tips: Turn down the thermostat: Many hot water heaters are set to 140 degrees by default, but 120 is plenty hot for most household uses, and creates less of a scalding risk. Heater was done on his own time in his own garage - Course Hero Nothing wrong with EdenPure technology, it is credible, and the heater is as good as any other similar purpose heater (I only have hard time accepting its "ancient" design). Now, that may seem cold to some of you, but no other heater identical to this one is going to do any better and if they are not this safe, you would have to have your central heat on. Suarez Corporation Industries is advertising a 20,000 hour bulb life and a 10-15 year "service" life (website, printed literature and printed on carton) for both their Edenpure US-1000 and Gen4 heaters. You still need them. Also in the month I ran the Edenpure unit I saw an increase of about 8% on my electric bill versus the radiator unit. Propane gas-burning fireplaces. EdenPURE Heaters - pureenergystore.com Like EdenPure it uses the same technology, 'infrared quartz tube + PTC'.this is what gives the heaters the longevity. Our house is more than 2800 square feet (not cubic feet) and we have the heater down stairs. dont buy this heater,if you live in California. It costs me about $9.00 per day to heat my house with Propane. So does anything else that uses 1500W of electricity, such as a $15 bathroom heater or a 1500W blow hair dryer. Heat Pumps are the most cost saving product other than using a fireplace.The japanese use several heatpumps to heat their homes they use one system for living room another for bedrooms this helps lower energy bills. Would i buy this. Smart Thermostats. In any case, you can reach the exactly the same result with what EdenPure promises, for a fraction of the cost. Bill's Burgers, Wings & Things - Yelp Loves them! An electric heater is an electrical device that converts an electric current into heat. I have a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, so I can tell you with precision that EdenPure's claims are false and misleading. The most common type of heat pump is the air-source heat pump, which transfers heat between your house and the outside air. Was given to me as a gift and I'm looking to buy a second unit for my second floor. CLAIM: With other heating sources, you'll notice you get sleepy because they are burning up oxygen. They are perfect for sleeping. The man in the commercial who stated he saved so much money that he bought two more and his electricity was half CANNOT be correct unless he is not using his EdenPures round the clock like we usually use our central. Directions to Burkett Heating & Cooling Authorized Dealer & Servicer We are authorized to install, repair, and maintain heating & cooling systems manufactured by some of the most renowned companies in the world. are surprised when they experience comfortable, cost-efficiently operating systems in other manufactured homes. Want a great laugh? Second is that you can lower your thermastat while only heating an inner room. The BTU (British Thermal Unit) was developed for flame based heat, not electricity. Looked first at a $14.99 ceramic heater that uses 1500 watts and is rated at just over 5000 btu's. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on December 18, 2010: Joe T, I wrote this article after testing the EdenPURE heater. His school plays football in the shadow of North. Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia These systems the japanese use do not use ducts!!! Don't buy this slick ripoff. Savetech bv. Once again use your heads and think about what you need. Felt bad for the guy. Larger units typically cost more, and other features and upgrades may drive the price up to . Buyer beware ! All they will pay is the premiums paid in. Dose the Edenpure save you money? If you sheeple need to believe otherwise, so be it. Baseboard heating provides far more uniform heat distribution. Heat Pump Water Heaters - All You Need to Know - Bob Vila Night storage heaters | Centre for Sustainable Energy - CSE cold in massachusetts on January 12, 2011: where can you run a 1500 watt heater all night for $0.23? I would not with a $20-$40 heater from one of the big box stores. How Much Energy Does my Water Heater Use? | Direct Energy Unfortunately the answer is "No, the efficiency is identical.". References. Actually, when the Eden uses that copper coil to absorb the heat they're actually deceasing the efficiency of the heater. Storage heaters work by storing heat generated by cheap night-time electricity and releasing this heat during the day Most storage heaters are wall-mounted and look a bit like radiators. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on December 27, 2011: Let us know how the EdenPURE works for you, the man. Bradford White Water Heater Thermostat settings - YouTube If you rent, I would go with the DuraFlame at half the price and monitor the use, wear sweats, socks, and you will not only save money, you will be warm enough and have lower bills.+. How can 1500 watts out perform 1500 watts? Have i used them. This article will examine the claims made by EdenPUREs manufacturer and expose their lies. [17] Because an electric furnace needs to generate heat, it uses far more electricity than an air conditioning unit as it works to keep your home warm. Square feet is the area of floor space, cubic feet is the amount of air in a room. I know others you spoke with like theirs, but it would be helpful to all readers to hear your experience. This has been disputed. I bet they will not stand behind the heater because you cannot get anyone to answer the phone and they just want you to give up. Out of stock at this time though. Though I dont know why you would want to. Everybody is forsale for a price Even BOB VILLA. Its safer than most to. 3) Infrared doesn't just heat air molecules, it also heats water molecules (humidity) as it passes through an infrared heat exchanger. i bought an eden pure heater for both myself and my elderly father and neither one will turn on after the first few times we used them with the screen flashing "not level" even though i used a level to verify they were sitting level .unfortunately this issue was not discovered until the start of the second year of use. I also have a $39.99 portable oil radiator heater that I purchased from Lowes. Suarez Manufacturing Industries / Pinnacle Systems, did no component life testing at all during the Edenpure US-1000 / Gen4 product development. Delivery & Pickup Options - 214 reviews of Bill's Burgers, Wings & Things "New venture by the owners of the Maxican Restaurant here in Burnet. My wife and I have found that our electric and gas power bills have gone down by more than half, each (we have a gas furnace) since we started using our Life Smart brand infrared heater. That was going to be a total of 5-6 zones. [7] Burkett said he burned the originals after faxing copies of the documents to CBS. I have no complaints. Secure it to the basement wall using the appropriate masonry anchors for your foundation wall. Call now at (937) 773-8350 to schedule a service request today Thank you guys for the info, I was just about to order an Eden Pure, uffff going to walmart to buy a Lasko or anything else like it. when you look at the other sales websites they state in stock but edenpures states out of stock so they have to make it to sell it. I have tried to return it for refund, but had to have the ORIGINAL shipping container, which I do not have after 2+ months, and neither Bass Pro Outlet nor Edenpure will accept the return w/o original shipping box, which Edenpure will NOT sell me because they say they only have one container per heater produced. So all the rest is just hype , Shame on Bob Vella. The cost was going to be $10,000. Everything is on the website and on the adverts. High efficiency water heaters use 10 to 50 percent less energy than standard models, saving homeowners money on their utility bills. Connect with Us 5360 Red Arrow Hwy, Stevensville, MI 49127 PH: (269) 428-2723 PH: (877) 494-9357 Contact Us Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on January 08, 2011: Don, that is why I recommend buying through Amazon so you have their return policy protection. They promote using zone heating to save money. has anyone else had this problem and if so can you advise me? they sent me a RFH one it can to me in pieces they back cover was broken in several pieces. Cost between 30% and 60% less per hour of operation than wood-burning fireplaces Emit 40 times fewer emissions than wood-burning units and cost less to operate They can be turned off easily with a switch, eliminating concern about remaining embers Propane gas-burning cooktops and ovens. FACT: Of course it will. Now, here we have a 1500 watt that will be plugged into the same 120 outlet as the Eden Pure, yet the Eden Pure will with its 1500 watts heat up to 1000 sq ft, and this one heats 150?? There has got to be heat loss, because travels a long distance from the furnace ouside to the farthest point. I'm currently waiting for my new EdenPURE 360, do you have an opinion about this one? I am very comfortable with leaving the Eden Pure on at night and while I am away so when I return, the house is not cold, plus I have the assurance that my pets are not going to be burned or turn over a smaller, lighter heater burning them and possibly burning the house down. To calculate an approximate heater size for an outdoor pool, follow these steps: Determine your desired pool temperature. Receive a $75 bill credit when you enroll your eligible smart thermostat in a qualifying demand response program through one of our authorized thermostat providers. Burkett Heating and Cooling - Heating and Cooling Southwest Michigan Needless to say, i WILL NOT be buying any expensive heating units with misleading claims of their efficiency and lower monthly savings. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. I starting contacting the company and finally did receive a return shipping label. Amazon has some of the best prices on heaters and ships right to your door. I called them again and realizing that these things must be nothing but junk I told them that I just wanted a refund. In Feb of 08 I had to order replacement bulbs, they cost $59.00 for the 1000. Bills bring the heat in-stadium - Buffalo Bills AND I MEAN THAT SINCERELY. You cannot beat basic rule of physics saying that energy does not come from nowhere, and does not disappear to nowhere. This biographical article related to the United States military is a stub. The filter is as overpriced and useless as the heater. Those watts exactly represent the energy you will get. Even a child knows that hot air rises. Oh Al, It is you who does not understand electric restisance heating AT ALL Continue to believe what you want to believe. I was going to purchase another EdenPure this year for the downstairs, but after seeing the .25 per hour and calculating the cost, that will not save money. List of ENERGY STAR Energy Efficient Products | ENERGY STAR If you can't understand that then you must be stupid. I've read enough negativity about these units I've decided to stick with name brands (Honeywell etc.) He was telling the UPS lady that he could never contact anyone at the company and what a piece of overpriced junk it was. As the . They are thu the wall units that look like AC units they are about 12k to 15k btu each.A heat pump is about 1 to 3 energy gain $1 in you get $3 out.Dont be fooled by the snake oil salesman. You don't get this risk with the Eden pure . It has exactly the same power of 1000 to 2000 Watts as everything else including EdenPure. I just looked them up, and they are 42.99 plus 9.95 shipping. Any typical portable electric space heater of 1000-2000 W will produce exactly the same amount of heat as EdenPure. Nothing has changed. It is a 20 x 15, a pretty decent size room. This may be because their previous forced-air system ductwork had or developed leaks, or something was wrong with air-flow on their system (clogged filters !!) I am filing complaints against EdenPure ad commercials where I can, and working to get my mother's money back! I was directed to 3 different 800 customer service numbers. First is that your heating plant is grossly inefficient and that your heating ducts practically are routed outside the house to heat the outside before coming back inside. If it runs 15 minutes out of every hour, it is only delivering 8,000 btus. You could heat an inner room to 70 degrees with the EdenPure for maybe $60/month ($0.15/kWh * 12 hrs/day * 30 days) while dropping the thermastat on the rest of the house to 50 degrees, reducing your heating bill by 40% (assuming avg temp outside is 20 degrees) saving $200/month on natural gas, thereby saving you about $140/month overall! This is the second blog I have complained on. There are millions of happy customers who are telling their friends. I am lucky to have a couple of working ones, they do help, but after reading all the electric experts and cost of cheaper 1500w heaters, I must sadly say, I have been scamed.