And not only will I explain that it the death of her kits was her fault, but I will also explain how she did not need to avenge her kits. Press J to jump to the feed. Frecklewish With Mapleshade's Kits in Starclan (OC) Mapleshades thoughts were interrupted by a groan. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. This is due to the fact that,unlike most of the other major villains, whose evil actions are driven by a lust for something they've never had, Mapleshade's evil actions are driven by grief and anger over something she has lost. Who killed mapleshade's kits? Explained by Sharing Culture A fresh fish, straight from the river! Appledusk plucks it down in front of the kits. This is merely a Fanfiction. Hey. When he started to become close to Bluepaw, she scolded him. It's worth putting up with him for now, if he can do the same for us. Because she didnt blame one cat entirely, her mind created the visions to be one kit less with each kill. Im Larchkit! to be fair more than half of arc 4 suffers from continuity errors and really badly inserted plot devices (looking at you, fourth cat and hollyleaf). Much, much more lies ahead of us, Tigerclaw. They had returned from the visit with Appledusk, and Frecklewish was watching the kits while Mapleshade went for some air. He told her he loved her more than anything. Petalkit wrapped her paws around Patchkit's body,while Larchkit leaned his head as to follow his mother. Since the day he was born, sheacted as a second ghostly voice in Tigerkit's head, not revealing herself until late into his adulthood in a dream. Kill Frecklewish.Kill Appledusk (all succeeded).Kill Reedshine and her unborn kittens (failed).Make murder victims' descendants suffer (succeeded).To exact total vengeance on ThunderClan and RiverClan (failed)Make Crookedstar evil (failed)Make Tigerstar evil (succeeded)Come back to the living world via possesion (Failed). In her desperation to get her kits to safety, she tried to takethem across the stepping stones to RiverClan, only for them to be swept away by the swollen river. Waves of rain spiraled down from the sky, crashing down on the clearing and the roof of our den. I believe they will grow up to be like Birchface, and like you. Thanks, I whispered, smiling. I looked for revenge whenever I could! How well do you know Mapleshade? - Test - Quotev Judging their character at only four moons old?! CROOKEDSTAR LITERALLY WELCOMED GRAYSTRIPE (Silverstreams mate of thunderclan) WITH OPEN ARMS IN ORDER FOR HIM TO TAKE CARE OF HIS DARLING KITS! The ones that deserve to go to the dark Forest are Oakstar, Appledusk, & Darkstar. The fading part I got, thought was cool, until StarClan warriors in living memory were "faded" after death. She discovered that she could dwell in the dreams of others, and watched over Stormkit, Appledusk's great grandson, destined to be RiverClan's next leader. Mapleshade tries to stop them talking, but Ravenwing reveals he had a omen, and thinks it's about the kits, that the kits do not belong in ThunderClan. She screeched. Your disloyalty makes me sick. The next day she heads into ThunderClan's territory, where she learns from an apprentice that Frecklewish had watched her cross the river. [] You have betrayed me and my kits. If he was the medicine cat, why does he need me? First off, she wanted a better life for her kits. That is my last promise to you. I mean, it makes sense conceptually at least; if StarClan is cat-paradise, then it makes logical sense to have an opposite of paradise: a cat-hell where bad cats go when they die. I will never forget this. The Wishful Nights - Book 1: Assassin's Oath. Oh Starclan, why did you take our mother from us? The three kits nodded hastily, and started gobbling up the fish. I could take over the body of a nice, young she-cat-that would do me just fine. What you have done here is more terrible than anything a Clan cat has done before. Mapleshade had found a place where she truly belonged. If only they knew. Enter a Melbet promo code and get a generous bonus, An Insight into Coupons and a Secret Bonus, Organic Hacks to Tweak Audio Recording for Videos Production, Bring Back Life to Your Graphic Images- Used Best Graphic Design Software, New Google Update and Future of Interstitial Ads. My next post will be about 5 cats that people think deserve the Dark Forest but dont (and one that absolutely does). Frecklewish asks if Birchface, Frecklewish's brother, the warrior who Appledusk killed, is their father. Crookedstar's Promise, The Ultimate Guide, and Mapleshade's Vengeance state that she was rejected, the second book of which also states that she wasn't even allowed to stay the night in RiverClan's camp. Or perhaps join ShadowClan or WindClan? -mother to three kits And, by murder, of course I mean not killing in self-defense or in battle, but rather killing someone due to a personal grudge, or (although we havent seen this happen in this series) just for the thrill of killing another person. I feel frozen with excitement! It was believed by some that she would be leader one day. Hes been like that the entire day. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. Appledusk will live on in his kits, and their kits in turn. Like how you never thought of Mapleshade as evil. As they bring her back to camp, unsure if they can save her life, Mapleshade hears only one of her kits calling for her. Or, I think the case could also be made that she killed Ashfur out of self-defense/ to protect the clan because he was clearly unhinged and a threat. She "loved [her kits] too much" which is what drove her to insanity, and to get revenge on the cats that caused their deaths. She finds herself in a dark place and wonders aloud if it's StarClan; a voice tells her that it's the Dark Forest, and she feels glad, not upset, that she ended up there. Assigning Blame in Mapleshade's Vengeance by Flamecloud from the story Warriors: The Return Of The Greatest Heroes by CrazyFlamefur (Flamefur) with 2,660 reads. Scourge | Bone | Jaggedtooth | Fury | Brick | Hoot and Jumper, The Dark Forest When Appledusk is killed, Reedshine is already carrying his kits. Can you imagine what that feels like? She had three kits, Patchkit, Petalkit, and Larchkit, and everyone was asking, "Why didn't you name one after Birchface? Ravenwing still looked taken aback, and Mapleshade softened. You must promise me that you will be loyal to your Clan above all other things. Ravenwing was checking the herb pile and the roof, and when I asked to help him, he said he was fine. She looked feverish. Yes,her mate deserved to die, but I didnt think her kits did. Mapleshade's Kits - Chapter 1 by Moonstone210 on DeviantArt Along the way they learn important lessons about life, war, love, and death. You will regret this, Appledusk. I went through the agony of bearing your kits! Mapleshade bravely tried to save her kits, and almost drowned herself in doing so, but ultimately failed. What adventures, and secrets, await the three kits? Appledusk tries to save them, but cannot. Patchkit interrupts crossly that he did not, he was just resting. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. It will be my first time!! Finally, they had made it to the Riverclan border, only a raging river not standing in their way. Cats who betray their Clan should be banished. Point 2) you might be right that Hollyleaf made up for what she did through heroic action. Mapleshade then moved onto Tigerkit, the grandson ofOakstar, who previously banished Mapleshade and her kits, and nephew of Frecklewish, one of her victims in life. Appledusk gazed at Mapleshade, nothing hiding the love in his eyes. I always thought of it as the cat you are in your heart. Of course. I dashed outside, nodding to Crimsonwish. Not like, on a personal basis but more like how a bad storm can affect where an airplane can fly. Mapleshade tries to stop them talking, but Ravenwing reveals he had a omen, and thinks it's about the kits, that the kits do not belong in ThunderClan. Larchpaw just looked at the sky absent-mindedly. I started to take it over to the medicine cat den, but someone interrupted me. Her sanity dropped low and StarClan didnt know (Yes, I believe in the StarClan is Idiots Theory) because they dont know everything. Im truly sorry, Birchface. "A fresh fish, straight from the river!". When the Clans moved to new territories, Mapleshade followed and plotted with the other Dark Forest cats to destroy them once and for all, takingin and training more living recruits than ever before. People empathize with Mapleshade and defend her with the fact that her kits drowned. Of course, this then begs the question: what is the criteria for a bad cat? If Mapleshade's Kits Lived | Warriors Fanfiction | Fandom If she can't keep herself safe then she's no use to you. Mapleshade watched them elatedly, her heart about to bust with love. The final reason that I can think of is that maybe cats can do bad things like murder or have motivation to murder, but that if they repent/feel guilty for their actions, then they can be accepted into StarClan and dont have to go to the Dark Forest. If you are going to edit a lot, then make yourself a user and login. She has a breakdown before she ran into the tunnels, but I think that was less about guilt about murdering Ashfur, and more about just general guilt surrounding breaking the warrior code and having everything she thought to be true collapsing around her. But, I cant think of a better explanation as to why some cats go to the Dark Forest, and others dont. And every blessing they stole from me! Nothing, remember? For now, you don't need to know anything else. She made him watch his mother drown, his brother fallin love with a ThunderClan she-cat, and his mate and all but one of hisdaughtersdie of sickness. that he did actually feel bad after his death. However, Mapleshade also had a hidden arrogant, naive and selfish side to her, as seen when she acted possessive over Appledusk and disregarded his concerns regarding their relationship, and at one point resisted the urge to attack Frecklewish when the other she-cat attempted to bond with who she thinks are her brother's kits. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org. Ravenwing. Mapleshade vows vengeance on Ravenwing and Frecklewish, blaming them for her kits' deaths. They enjoy it, but a RiverClan patrol spots them and warns them away. No matter what she did, she just couldnt make Sandstorm suffer, so she made Firestar suffer;by killing Spottedleaf. Once exiled, Mapleshade crosses the stepping stones when the rivers going to flood. Now.can I ask you a question? Also, WHY COULD DARKSTAR NOT HAVE BEEN AS GENEROUS AS CROOKEDSTAR?! And, the most unfair thing of all was that Featherwhisker kept Bluestars secret a secret, when the other medicine cat couldnt keep their snout in the right place, resulting in Mapleshades kits death, heartbreak, and grief. Frecklewish hoped that Mapleshade would name one of her kits after Birchface. Few who knew the noble RiverClan leader in life could have ever guessed the dark shadow that haunted his every step. Today was also the day of Half-Moon, where us medicine cats go to the Highstones. Come. Honestly, Mapleshade's actions make more sense than Ashfur's in that context because she actually killed the cats that had a direct hand in causing her exile/the kits' death, while Ashfur intended to murder Firestar, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze, all cats who never did anything to cause direct harm to him. My name is Mapleshade. Hey Patchyface! It was Wasppaw. Is that how you treat fellow apprentices?! True. Shes not like Rainflower (Crookedstars mother) or Onestar, who abandoned her kits because of choice! Larchkit mews a RiverClan warrior had to save Patchkit. Mapleshade is a sturdy, large, matted, sleek, tortoiseshell she-cat with a scar on the bridge of her nose, a fluffy white tail, and amber eyes. In Omen Of The Stars, she's also described as being transparent from fading away. Which, spoilers for Lost Stars would make sense considering Shadowpaw is hearing what may be a bad/evil StarClan warrior in his mind. This is Thesecret1070. Then cats like Darkstripe and Hawkfrost would have gone to the Dark Forest to be with Tigerstar (although they may have also viewed StarClan as weak. -mother to three kits Mapleshade to Crookedstar in in Crookedstar's Promise. Y-You're supposed to be dead!" Thanks Momma!. . She tells him that she's expecting his kits, and he promises that they can still see each other when things calm down. Frequently, the blame falls on everyone but Mapleshade. "Huh," Larchkit says. So tell me, is Birchface really the father of this litter?, Mapleshade suddenly felt anger surge through her. And now you treat me worse than prey. Yes, it WAS Mapleshade's Fault that her Kits Drowned by The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. She has a fever., He grunted something like Know it all and took the prey. I find the fact that it seems like the Dark Forest is a choice strange, but interesting. I dont get how shes so popular when she started her own problems! Like what level of a bad thing does a cat have to do or think or whatever to go to the Dark Forest? Consider creating an account! Next, having learned from Nettlepaw that Frecklewish had watched Mapleshade and her kits crossing the river and blaming her for not saving them, Mapleshade lured the other she-cat to Snakerocks and got her eye bitten by an adder, blindingand eventually killing her. We don't know how magic and stuff works in this world. The Ultimate Guide: Updated and Expanded Edition, Mapleshade & Crookedstar - Mini Collector Figures, Mapleshade and Appledusk's confrontation, Mapleshade's confrontation with Spottedleaf. Frecklewish used Mapleshade's kits to feel better about her brother's death and when that didn't work out she wanted them gone in spite of the warrior code. She is pregnant with his kits, and when she gives birth, Frecklewish assumes theyre her brother, Birchfaces, because no living cat claims them and Birchface has died at the paws of Appledusk. I really like your analysis! The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Mapleshade didnt really care; she just regretted what she said about Birchface being the father. Then, maybe it isnt a question about action, but rather about motive. A moon later, she has kits. I actually plan to make an addendum to this one (Im gonna be calling it The Point of No Return: An Addendum to my Mapleshade Article). Narrator about Mapleshade's failed accomplishment. During the battle between the Clans, StarClan and the Dark Forest, she tried to kill a ThunderClan senior warrior, Sandstorm, becauseshe had everything Mapleshade ever wanted: a mate who loved her, having kits that she could watch grow up and one day have kits of their own, and respect from her Clanmates, all of which she believed StarClan stole from her. Mapleshade is a large, thick-furred,tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat with amber eyes, anda long, thick, fluffy, white tail. Mapleshade padded through the thick layers of bracken covering the wooden floor, Patchkit's scruff gripped in her teeth and her two other kits bundling on behind her. Mapleshade buried her muzzle into his fur. Mapleshade watched as the three kits ran up to sniff it. Mapleshade nearly killed Sandstorm, but was stopped by Spottedleaf, the spirit of the former ThunderClan medicine cat. You will find much better company in the cats here, Tigerclaw. First, Goosefeather,a medicine cat who had the ability to always see the spirits of both StarClan and the Dark Forest. Kang the Conqueror (Marvel Cinematic Universe). But then the Clans cast her out as a traitorand she vowed to seek her revenge. You told me you loved me! Mapleshade encourages him to rise as the rightful leader of ShadowClan, but warns him to be patient. I have walked beside you from the day you were born, guiding your paw steps, laying out your destiny before you. Oh yeah, and he tried to kill a kit sooooo. Pouring, actually. by 1.9K 94 23 "Hollyleaf?! The Clan kits that Oakstar gifted her may have been intentionally chosen not to be present, so she may have been banished. I promise you they will grow up just like Birchface, youll see.Ravenwing nodded, understanding. Brokenstar | Tigerstar | Blackstar | Jaggedtooth | Darkstripe | Darktail | Sleekwhisker | Clawface | Redwillow | Juniperclaw, ThunderClan Why would you want to go to StarClan? Long before she troubled the dreams of Crookedstar or Tigerclaw, Mapleshade was a warrior of ThunderClan. Patchpaw, can you get Crimsonwish a mouse from the freshkill pile? Ravenwing called from the other side of the den. Another reason why she shouldve not gone to the dark forest was when she was training Crookedstar. Mapleshade herself was not at fault for their deaths, and plenty of cats who loved a cat from another Clan have gone to StarClan. The black tom approached her with calm manner. Art by GrayPillow People empathize with Mapleshade and defend her with the fact that her kits drowned. This leads me to my final theory, which is the only thing that I think truly makes sense: cats choose to go to StarClan or the Dark Forest. In the same moment, Mapleshade was attacked from behind and mortally wounded by Perchpaw. And, thats not all! Id first like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who participated anyone who Ivywish shares their opinion on the warrior code. She whispers doubts into his head about his leadership skills and urges him to make it clear he's in charge. This is a Fanfiction written by Starlingclaw the NightWing. It's later revealed by StarClan that ever since the Great Battle, the Dark Forest had been nearly empty, most of the evil spirits having been destroyed in the battle or faded away afterwards. Mapleshade goes for her instead, but Appledusk jumps in the way, and he takes the fatal hit. Thank you, He said dipping his head to her. "You must promise me that you will be loyal to your Clan above all other things. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. And, Mapleshade would have naturally hated StarClan for causing the exile of her/her kits by sending the omen to Ravenwing. Did Hailstar say you could go? Spottedpaw is bewildered, and when Mapleshade orders Thistleclaw to get rid of her, he leads her away from the scene. He will be part of RiverClan forever! Yes, it WAS Mapleshade's Fault that her Kits Drowned by They arrived at the sunningrocks. Im sorry. this bothers me lots, because part of me genuinely wanted Mapleshade to go to StarClan (yeah, I'd read the books prior to that) when I read Mapleshade's Vengeance. Who killed mapleshade's kits? - Fppey.churchrez.org And, while its a little bit fuzzier with Thistleclaw, he did tell Tigerpaw to attack Tiny, and may have had him killed if Bluefur hadnt stepped in, and also the whole Spottedleafs Heart thing, which is controversial and problematic and I dont want to get too into it here, but overall we can agree was gross and bad. His nameis Appledusk.. Same thing goes for Hollyleaf. Momma, She whispered, do you think I will be as tall as the trees one day?, Mapleshade purred. But its for the best. And Mapleshade was having nightmares of her kits unable to reach starclan without killing appledusk, ravenwing, And frecklewish. Mapleshade | Villains Wiki | Fandom If only you were here. So, how do you like Appledusk?. Copyright 2023. Mother was shocked and angry. I wonder if there could be some sort of magical influence on who goes where. You will live to regret this day forever, ThunderClan, and that is a promise.Mapleshade when she is exiled from ThunderClan. Momma, whos that? Patchkit asked quietly. Art by GrayPillow People empathize with Mapleshade and defend her with the fact that her kits drowned. The reasons why she didnt go to the bridge was Spottedpaw tries to step in and stop him when he deals a killing bite, but he snarls at her. You have betrayed me and my kits. I was right. As aresult, shewas held in high esteem by her Clanmates, who believed she would one day become deputy and then leader. Yes. Appledusk nodded quickly. That place is full of weak-willed cowards who clung to the warrior code like ants to a leaf in a puddle. Warriors: Mapleshade's Vengeance also includes a teaser to Warriors Super Edition: Crookedstar's Promise. There, she tricks Frecklewish into leaping at an adder and getting bitten in the face. He was only foiled first when Brambleclaw killed Hawkfrost to save Firestar, and second when Squirrelflight revealed that the kits werent hers biologically and tricked Ashfur into thinking their deaths wouldnt hurt her. I added Birchface and Flowerpaw for fun :) Materials I used : Strathmore Drawing, Recycled drawing paper. Yet he goes to StarClan and Mapleshade doesn't even though they both have similar motives (wanting to punish the cats that hurt them.) Though Mapleshade had a sad backstory, I dont think you should still kill your kits, just because your mate betrayed you. Needless to say, the Clan does not take this well, and Mapleshade and her kits are exiled. I am an admin of this site. What do Chinese red noodle beans taste like? Mapleshade was then attackedby and chased away by Sandstorm, and retreated withthe remaining Dark Forest residents, her quest for revenge still unfulfilled. In the eyes of StarClan, though, what Mapleshade did was nothing worth banning her to the Dark Forest - she loved a cat from another Clan, and the kits died accidentally. honestly, I'll never understand why Ashfur wasn't in the Dark Forest. Who are you?. The ThunderClan medicine cat Ravenwing also sees them, and tells her that he's figured out that the father of the kits is Appledusk, not Birchface. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! This is where my issue with the Dark Forest is since who is sent to the Dark Forest or not seems rather arbitrary. What is going on here? My mother sounded confused, anxious, and concerned at the same time. : Mapleshade internally calls a WindClan patrol "fools" after she gets away with taking the rabbit they were chasing. But, this cant be the only criteria for entrance into the Dark Forest because other cats like Darkstripe, Thistleclaw and Hawkfrost are also in the Dark Forest, but none of them actually succeeded in murdering anyone. Im Appledusk, The dark cream tom replies. Mapleshade then turned her rage toward Appledusk. Petalkit and Larchkit nodded. Petalkit sniffed the newcomer. Wouldnt they be happier in StarClan than the lonely, miserable Dark Forest? The irony in this is that Birchface was killed (albeit accidentally) by Appledusk, the real father of Mapleshade's kits, during a battle between ThunderClan and RiverClan at the Sunningrocks. To be honest, I was a little stung by that comment. In this separate timeline, Mapleshades kits lived and Mapleshade proves Ravenwing wrong about the prophecy of the 3 reeds. Warrior of the Week Gallery #30 - Mapleshade, The Journey So Far: The Place of No Stars. Mapleshade | Warriors Wiki | Fandom Mapleshade is evil. For now, you don't need to know anything else. What If Mapleshade's Kits Survived - Humans For Survival Mapleshade then saw an idea light up Appledusks eyes. Hello Mapleshade, Appledusk dipped his head to her formally, but Mapleshade could tell the dark cream tom was overjoyed. Fresh scents of herbs wafted through the air as I, Patchpaw, entered the medicine cat den. We use cookies to optimize our website and our service. After spending moons in the Dark Forest, her appearance became rather distorted andemaciated, witha scarred head, muzzle and face, and ragged, patched, matted fur. He sees her killing Frecklewish with adders. Being ordered to leave RiverClan's territory without even getting to attend her kits' burial, Mapleshade was heartbroken and enraged all over again, and vowed revenge upon her former mate. Be patient, and you will find out everything. Her third kit vanishes, and she thinks they're free, but also can't find them. She had avenged her kits! You told me you loved me! The Blog Monthly is back written by Lil, fresh off the printing press Hello, everyone! The Dark Forest: A Place For Evil Twisted Cats Spottedpaw dreams herself into the Place of No Stars, and goes to find Thistleclaw. Its been two days since my apprentice ceremony, and I was just out fetching more horsetail for Ravenwing. Mapleshade is a sturdy, large, matted, sleek, tortoiseshell she-cat with a scar on the bridge of her nose, a fluffy white tail, and amber eyes. Yes, it WAS Mapleshade's Fault that her Kits Drowned by HollyleafTheGreat Fan Articles November 2, 2020 59 comments 4 min read HollyleafTheGreat takes a look at Mapleshade's involvement in the death of her kits. Onestar | Mudclaw | Antpelt | Breezepelt | Houndleap, BloodClan Mapleshade laughed softly. This is a sub-reddit dedicated to fans of the Warriors series published by HarperColins. Appledusk blamed Mapleshade for getting their kits drowned and turned Mapleshade away. Imagine how she would've reacted if she'd gone to StarClan instead of the Dark Forest, since she'd be re-united with her kits. Welcome to r/WarriorCats! An interesting theory that came to mind was that Mapleshade wanted to kill Firestar, because he was the mate to Sandstorm, and she wanted her to suffer. It seems weird for StarClan to send her to the Dark Forest if she was trying to save her kits, but I dont think StarClan knew about her visions, nor do I think that she had to free her kits. Hawkfrost | Rushtooth | Rainflower, WindClan We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I love them, and I love you.. Using his apprentice, Perchpaw, as bait, she lured him to RiverClan's border and challenged him to a fight. We are going to met someone special.. Ask the Cats of the Clans!, In your opinion, did mapleshade deserve to Mapleshade decides her third cat to kill will be Appledusk. What did Ravenwing want with the runt of her litter? I nodded, trying not to drop the herb. My mentor was busy treating Crimsonwish, who had whitecough. Yeah, Larchkit chimed in, Hes nice! Patchkit nodded along with them. Well, he's the only cat to die and make it back to the Clans in a living body. I was very sad when he died.. I will not let my kits be treated like this! she went insane, and, yes, unlike Ashfur she did murder kitties, but she also "loved too much". Then, she kills Appledusk, but is killed by Perchpaw. I think that she was haunted by her grief, and the death of her kits, and when she thought that she had to avenge them, the idea manifested inside her grieving brain.