Then, she went to discuss Tiffany. She spoke to me by email," he said. I want people to know the truth. James Curtis DeBarge (born August 22, 1963) is an American R&B/soul singer. "I think we all believe that James and Janet had a child." But she doesn't think that person is Whyte, a 31-year-old woman from Philadelphia. Her bylines have appeared in The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, Redbook, and elsewhere. In February, Inside Edition interviewed Bunny's mother, Etterlene DeBarge, who said she believes a 31-year-old woman from Philadelphia named Tiffany Whyte was Janets secret daughter. Jackson and her brother Randy executive-produced the two-night, four-part documentary, Janet Jackson.,premiering on Lifetime and A&E(Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. EST/PST). I waited 31 years., Now, she just wants everyone to know one thing: the truth. And then because [my brother] Randys daughter looks so much like me, they started saying it was Stevanna. In an interview on We tvs, True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself. The couple annulled their marriage in 1985. But I guess people will do anything for that 15 min(utes) of fame. [2] In 2016, DeBarge claimed on Growing Up Hip-Hop that he and Jackson have a daughter. Janet Jackson breaks silence on Super Bowl in Part 2:She's 'very good friends' with Justin Timberlake. Jackson reportedly wanted to co-parent Eissa with Al Mana at first, but decided to ask for full custody due to their cultural differences when it comes to parenting. Also, in 2004, DeBarge made a song with the "Haitian Sensation" Won-G for a remix called "Nothing's Wrong", using the instrumental for the Quik/DeBarge track "Tha Divorce Song". Its just something that needs to be done, Jackson, 55, says of the film during the opening scene as she's being driven through herhometown of Gary, Indiana. The rumor flared up after Bunny . However, it's about her life: highs and lows of her incredible career, her complicated relationship with Michael and body image struggles. He and Jackson eloped in 1984 and divorced the following year. Like all of his siblings, he was born and raised on the East Side of Detroit, Michigan. Day after day and night after night, holding my baby in my arms, I am at peace. Wishing you a life full of magical moments.. Bunny DeBarge accused Whye of being a fame seeker, noting she doesn't resemble Jackson or DeBarge. But it is.. Janet Jackson's Family Welcomes Her First Baby. The singer, 50, gave birth to a son in January, reigniting rumors over whether she'd given birth to a baby girl 31 years ago. Bunny DeBarge was disappointed with how her mother handled the results. "I'm sitting in the hotel room in Grand Rapids, Michigan, by myself, just 18, and for three hours, he never came back.". He does this thing that my brother did from Doesnt Really Care About Us, the march and the hand, Jackson explained. If you do not want us and our partners to use cookies and personal data for these additional purposes, click 'Reject all'. She married her third husband, entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana, in 2012. She told that she was kept secret for 30 years which is a long period of time. We humbly honor the old school soul music era and will keep pushing forward to keep it alive. Watch:Relatives Congratulate Janet Jackson, 50, After the Birth of Her Son, Murdaugh Murders Timeline: Investigations, Deaths and the Collapse of a Powerful South Carolina Family, 8-Year-Old Arkansas Boy Raises More Than $65K for His Favorite Waffle House Waiter, Who Walks Miles to Work, Bryan Kohberger Decries 'Pervasive and Grotesquely Twisted Nature' of Idaho Murders Coverage in Court Document, Family Discovers Kentucky Vacation Rental House Has Secret Underground Bunker and Was Site of Grisly Murder, Lindsay Clancy: Timeline of Events in the Case of Massachusetts Mom Accused of Killing Her 3 Children, Fiance of Slain Orlando TV Reporter Plans to Have His Baby After Harvesting His Sperm Post-Mortem. Kristinia appeared on 2003's American Idol spin-off American Juniors, and later received a recording contract through Island Def Jam Records . For more about Janet Jacksons life, check out her 2011 book, True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself [Janet] has been denying me for many years. In an interview with InStyle, Jackson talked about spending time with her son outside while still risking being spotted by fans and paparazzi. "It is for sure that they are my parents., Read:Michael Jackson Impersonator Wins Ultimate Gig - Playing the 'King of Pop' in Biopic. As we know that singer Janet Jackson and vocalist James DeBarge was married in 1984 when the bride (Jackson) was just 18. "Someone had contacted me. Although she believes a baby did exist, shes unsure if Tiffany is the secret child even though her mother believes its true do to the alleged DNA test. Interview clips with siblings Tito and Rebbie and mother Katherine, along with celebrity reflections from Questlove, Whoopi Goldberg, Missy Elliott, Norman Lear and Debbie Allen, among others, occasionally edify. As of 2000, DeBarge has worked with DJ Quik on such tracks as "Tha Divorce Song", as well as "Get Nekkid" by slain rapper Mausberg. StyleCaster is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Momma felt maybe she went back in the gene and took after her. "A lot of the kids thought I was pregnant, cause I had gained weight," Janet said of the time period, when she was appearing in TV's Fame. That has haunted the family a long time, Bunny told Inside Edition of the speculation. The message came with the news that she would be postponing her then-current Unbreakable tour, adding, "Please understand that it's important that I do this now. Momma felt maybe she went back in the gene and took after her. This woman refuses to watch the new Janet Jackson documentary airing tonight, saying it's too painful and for good reason. At the Flyte Tyme studios in Minneapolis, Jackson does not want to hear Jams persistent coaching to put energy on the song and, after a cranky squabble, she walks out of the studio, leaving Elizondos camera to shoot nothing but the ceiling. "I could never keep a child away from James," with whom she eloped in 1984, at age 18, and then split from the following year. When news of Jackson and Al Mana's pregnancy became public, the rumors resurfaced, and in an interview with Radar Online in May, DeBarge said a young woman who claimed to be his daughter with . "Back in the day they were saying that I had a child and I kept it secret," she said. Love is limitless. You are my love, my life, my soul. DeBarge performed with brothers El and Mark during a gospel service in late 2007. And that he is to be respectful towards others but also that others are respectful to him, Jackson told InStyle. Mama loves you., Next, Get to Know Eddie Murphys 10 Children and Their Mothers. Heres what we know about Janet Jacksons son, what their life together is like and what Jackson has said about having more kids. Jackson said people first began speculating that she was pregnant on the set of the TV show Fame," in 1984. In 2016, according to Entertainment Tonight, DeBarge, who ran into legal trouble for his drug use in 2011 and 2014, appeared on the show "Growing Up Hip-Hop "and claimed that he and Jackson had a secret daughter together. Jacksons denial could be construed as oblique. I get bothered and recognized, but I do it anyway. Nasty singer Janet Jackson was forced to give up her alleged daughter, ex-husband James DeBarge claimed. I could never keep a child away from James. Remember the baby Janet Jackson was rumored to have conceived with then-husband James DeBarge and given up for adoption? Bunny DeBarge accused Whye of being a fame seeker, noting she doesnt resemble Jackson or DeBarge. Janet Jacksonpremieres January 28, 2022, on Lifetime and A&E. She's 'very good friends' with Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson dedicates Rock Hall honor to 2-year-old son, We may never resolve our conflicted feelings about Michael Jackson, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Bunny believes Whyte is just seeking fame and that she's one of many who've contacted her family claiming to be Janets secret daughter. A number of women claiming to be the famed ex-couple's secret daughter have come forward. In a newly released clip from WE TV's Growing Up Hip Hop, 53-year-old DeBarge claims that he has. ), and she gamely indulges with blithe answers. I could never do that, its not right.. He was released from prison three years later in 2015.[6]. Jackson's ex-husband James DeBarge claimed in the most recent clip of WE TV Series's Growing Hip Hop that he and Janet Jackson had a secret daughter together, as reported by International Business Times. Janet said she questioned herself for being in that relationship, asking, "'Were you stupid, were you dumb?" Find out more about how we use your personal data in our privacy policy and cookie policy. Copyright 2023 IBTimes LLC. Here are more highlights from the documentary: While Jackson and the dulcet-toned DeBarge singer were only married for a year, tittle-tattle has persisted for decades that Jackson gave birth to a daughter with James,with sister Rebbie recruited as Jacksons proxy in motherhood. All Rights Reserved. Knowing who he is and that we are all equal no matter the race or gender. Rebbies reaction is more forthright. Where as the baby? IBT Fast Start - Let the best of International News come to you. Of course, Eissa's also just a regular kid, so he also loves Paw Patrol, pancakes and working alongside his mom whether its cleaning the house or building a project together. And a child was given to foster care. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. "When we got married and came back to the hotel he said, 'OK, I'll be right back,'" she recalled of their unromantic wedding night. The 53-year-old DeBarge eloped with the "Rhythm Nation" singer back in 1984 and then married her that same year. Debarge also made a small guest appearance in 2006 on the album 818 Antics, by rapper J-Ro, who is associated with the rap group Tha Liks. She had more feistiness than anyone had heard, Lewis says. Tiffany revealed she grew up in foster care and it wasn't until seven years ago that she discovered she's the daughter of Janet Jackson and James Debarge. October 11, 2022 September 12, 2022 by Alexander. Janet Jackson Breaks Silence On Rumored Secret Daughter With Ex James DeBarge Shortly after she married at 18, rumors swirled that Janet Jackson had a secret daughter she had given. Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Janet Jackson's Ex-Husband James DeBarge Claims the Two Have a Secret Daughter Together", "Janet Jackson's Ex-Sister-in-Law Apologizes Over Singer's 'Secret Daughter' Controversy", "Dr. Conrad Murray Jailmates with Janet Jackson's Ex Michael's Brother-in-Law", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=James_DeBarge&oldid=1139449492, BLP articles lacking sources from March 2008, Pages using infobox person with multiple parents, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox musical artist with associated acts, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 15 February 2023, at 05:34. Janet Jackson's former mother-in-law claims the star has a secret daughter and she says she can prove it. Well, Tiffany Whyte of Philadelphia, PA claims to be the child Janet Jackson gave up for adoption back in the 80s before they separated. Janet Jackson did not have a secret baby in the '80s that she kept from husband James DeBarge and the world. Apparently, her alleged daughter is speaking out for the first time. She said she would often have to search for DeBarge on the streets and they got into physical altercations when she tried to get rid of his drugs. But she doesnt think that person is Whyte, a 31-year-old woman from Philadelphia. They separated three months after Eissas birth in 2017, and a custody battle ensued, including Janet calling police for awelfare checkon her son in 2018; police found the baby safe. Through a secret DNA test with Tiffany and James, it was proved that DeBarge is not a father of her. There were times when Mike used to tease me and call me names. Before Whyte, there were numbers of ladies who came and claimed on the same topic but their case didnt take seriously. Im sure I will need someone in the future, some help here and there, but I dont have anyone [right now] and I love it. He comes first in my life., Related:Celebrity Baby Name Trends for 2021. Youre Gods gift to me. And just keep it moving, really. Jackson also aims to make sure Eissa grows up with some of the lessons instilled in her from a young age. By 1985, Jackson's father Joe had his daughter's marriage to DeBarge annulled, per the Mirror, and in 1986, she dropped her iconic album, "Control."By this point, she was not only emancipated from . iloveoldschoolmusic.com. Does Janet Jackson really have a secret daughter? Jackson has alleged their split was caused by his frequent drug use. Janet Jackson and James DeBarge, who were briefly married in 1984, had a daughter together, DeBarge's brother Young DeBarge has claimed on a radio program. Ive always been a patient person, but theres more patience that you have to have [in motherhood] and I never knew I was as patient as I really am. Janet Jackson is setting the record straight on long-standing rumors that she welcomed a baby in the '80s with her then-husband, James DeBarge. When she was 18, Janet eloped with singer James DeBarge in 1984, but their marriage was annulled the following years. When is his next album coming? Now, were not DNA expertsbutthe visuals just arent adding up. In an April 2016 video, Jackson revealed in an intimate video to fans, "My husband and I are planning our family." The star faced accusations she placed a baby for adoption after Tiffany . The singer recently gave birth to her alleged first child Before Whyte, there were numbers of ladies who came and claimed on the same topic but their case didn't take seriously. Justin Timberlake posts sweet birthday message for 'dream of a partner' Jessica Biel, Tom Sizemore, star of 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Heat,' dies at 61 after brain aneurysm, Josh Hartnett is done talking about his break from Hollywood but ready to make fun of actors: 'We're the worst', Michael B. Jordan admits muscle gain for 'Creed' has been harder as he's gotten older, Billy Bush suggests Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes start their own show after ABC exit: 'They've got something that works'. It opened a lot of doors, but having that last name comes with a great deal of scrutiny.. He does a few things. Jackson remembered that the rumors became so big that there were theories that the daughters of her older brothers, Jackie and Randy, were hers. I could never do that. Once again the story is making headlines but this time its for a different reason. She called him a "sweet guy," but said his drug use led to their split. I could never do that, that's not right.". Stay up to date with our daily newsletter, James DeBarge Confirms Possible Child With Janet Jackson, Janet Jackson Ignores 'Secret Daughter' Interview, Arsenal Stage Thrilling Fightback To Maintain Five-point Lead Over Man City, Syria Mission Worth The Risk, Top U.S. General Says After Visit, Walmart Reigns Trade Down Retailing, Beating Target And Costco, Iraq Customs Ordered To Start Enforcing Alcohol Import Ban, Cameroon Charges Tycoon In Reporter Killing Case.