We are so saddened to archive such a great young mans loss in the US day News Celebrity death section and offer our sincere condolences to Jahmil Frenchs family and friends. "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday," Soundtrack creator Joshua Safron tweeted. Outer Banks Renewed for Season 4 Ratings: WWE, Shark Tank Lead Friday "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday . Why Felicity Hoffman Sentenced to Only 14 Days in Prison? The actor was confirmed dead by his friends and co-workers on social media on March 2. Jahmil appeared in seasons 9-13 of the series, with his last appearance on the show being in 2013. He played Trey Page on the WeTV crime series, The Divide, in 2014. Since Degrassi: The Next Generation first premiered in 2002, the series has introduced the world to undeniable talent, including but not limited to Drake, Nina Dobrev, and the gone-too-soon Jahmil French, who was pronounced dead on March 1. This is a real loss. The actors last work in a film or TV show was the Netflix series Soundtrack, where he features as Dante Mendoza. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner on the popular teen show. Degrassi: The Next Generation is a Canadian teen drama series created byLinda SchuylerandKit Hood in 1979. It was a pleasure to work with him and he will be missed. French starred in . Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. ESSENCE.com is part of ESSENCE Communications, Inc. Loading the player. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. He was always dancing. He was always dancing. Annie Clark, Jahmils Degrassi co-star, shared a video of him dancing with the message, writing, Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French, while she added that he was so full of energy and fun. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French, Kachman said in a statement. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. The Canadian actor, who played Dave Turner on the series, joined the cast in Season 9 and was only 29 at the time of his passing. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday, he wrote. News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. Really, why doesnt anyone say what happened to this young the Soundtrack star? The Canadian actor starred as Dave Turner on the beloved teen series "Degrassi". Just a . So full of energy and fun. The plot of the series revolves around a group of kids who live on Degrassi street inOntario, Canada. However, we patiently wait for a statement, revealing Jahmil Frenchs cause of death and the whole story behind his passing. Jahmil French, an actor known for his role as Dave Turner on the Canadian series "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has died, according to his agent, Gabrielle Kachman. Wanted to pay my respects to an incredibly kind, funny, and talented individual; Jahmil French. A true talent and a great friend. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Jahmil French also starred in several television shows likeRemedy,Let's Get Physical,Soundtrack andIncorporated. Read More:How did Michael Gudinski Die? Hollywood Life, Latest Hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News. Rest In Peace pic.twitter.com/vW31v2U5BL. So full of energy and fun. Jahmil French, who starred as Dave Turner on "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has passed away at the age of 29.The actor was confirmed dead by his friends and co-workers on social media on March 2 . Jahmil portrayed Dave Turner on several seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation, the Canadian teen drama series set within the Degrassi universe. The actor's co-worker Chisme Chica confirmed his passing on Twitter. Sad news on the day of March 2, 2021, as its been announced that Canadian Screen nominated actor Jahmil French has died at the young age of 29. someone shared on Twitter, This talented actor was known for starring on the CTV/Much series Degrassi: The Next Generation, as well as the drama film Boost., I cant believe Jahmil French died. a fan of him wrote, I used to watch degrassi: tng when I was younger and the fact that he passed away at only 29 and reading his former degrassi costars posts about him is heartbreaking., So sad to hear about the passing of Degrassi cast-member Jahmil French. Matt Huether tweeted in Frenchs death, An endlessly talented & charming performer who was always fun to write for. Jahmil French gained. Stefan Brogren, a Canadian actor, producer and director who was a cast member of Frenchs on Degrassi, praised the actor for his performance on the show. Click to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter, Drake's Unrecognizable In Decade-Old 'Degrassi' Throwback Insta -- See Before & After Pics, Drake Has Us In Our Feelings After He Gushes Over 'Degrassi' Costar's #DoTheShiggy Dance, Drake Feels Bad People Were Left Out Of 'Degrassi' Reunion-- It Was Nothing Personal, Jessie Lemonier: 5 Things To Know About The Former NFL Player Dead At 25, Beautiful Nature-Inspired Baby Names Used By Celebrity Parents, Did Vanderpump Rules Tom Cheated on Ariana With Raquel? Write by: . Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. His co-stars seem to . It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Everytime we interacted you were awesome. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily, Brogren wrote. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Jahmil French has sadly passed away at age 29. He will be remembered by many for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. She Was Just Found in Puerto Rico, NYC Winter Storm: 12 Hours of Rain, Gusts Near 50 MPH, Snow Expected; See Timing Here, Mysterious Cases of Men Found Dead After Leaving NYC Gay Bars Ruled Homicides: ME, The Harlem Fine Arts Show Celebrates 15 Years. Thank you for portraying one of the most realistic Degrassi characters. It was a pleasure to work with him and he will be missed. Us day News also learned today that that Bunny Wailers cause of death could be related to his latest stroke. He was 28. The news was confirmed by the late Jahmil French's co-star, Chisme Chica, on the Netflix series Soundtrack on Twitter. Stefan Brogren, who played Snake on Degrassi: Next Class and served as a series producer, paid tribute to French on Twitter. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. I ask that you keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.. 2 2021, Published 1:53 p.m. Safran added that shes only posting because she sees the story getting out there. March 3, 2021 The Canadian actor Jahmil French, best known for his role as Dave Turner on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation,' passed away on March 1, 2021, at the age of 29. There are so many memories to look back on, wrote Jessica Tyler in a lengthy post. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. He also added that French would be remembered by people for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. The rep asked people to keep his family and friends in their thoughts and prayers at this challenging time.. Your email address will not be published. On Instagram, Annie Clark, who portrayed Fiona Coyne in the teen drama, wrote about her first memory of French. The shows creator Joshua Safran took to social media to confirm the news of the actors death and says that he has more to say later. He will be remembered by many for his passion for the arts, his commitment to his craft, and his vibrant personality. Youll be missed, brother. The actor had also . Offers may be subject to change without notice. A place that many of us would call home to this day., Related: At the time of publication, Jahmil Frenchs cause of death or circumstance around his passing was unknown. The late actor has starred in several movies likeA Day Late and a Dollar Short,The Infamous,At First Light and Boost. He also earnedtheCanadian Screen Awardnomination forBest Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series. Jahmil's representative told People, "It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French. Read Next: Unprisoned Star Kerry Washington and Showrunner Yvette Lee Bowser on How the Show Is an American Story About Healing, How Sesame Workshop Created Through Our Eyes, Its First Docuseries for Kids, During COVID, Josh Peck on Stepping Into Tom Hanks Shoes for Disney Plus Turner & Hooch, Reflects on Drake & Josh, The Bachelorettes Katie Thurston on Her Decision to Open Up About Her Sexual Assault Experience, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan Actor, Dies at 61, Reality TV Star Stephen Bear Jailed for 21 Months Over OnlyFans Sex Video, Jonathan Majors Confronts Those Terrible Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Reviews: It Doesnt Change How I See Myself, New Alien Movie Starts Filming in March, Reveals Cryptic Synopsis and Full Cast, Why Sylvester Stallone Is Not in 'Creed 3', Michelle Yeoh Says Hollywood Questioned If I Even Spoke English After 1997 Bond Film: I Didnt Work for Two Years Due to Stereotype, Idris Elba Says Backlash Over Not Calling Himself a Black Actor Is Stupid: Where Am I Denying My Blackness?, Ke Huy Quan Lost His Health Insurance Right After Filming Everything Everywhere All at Once: Nobody Else Wanted to Hire Me, 21 Best Movies New to Streaming in March: Murder Mystery 2, Triangle of Sadness and More, Harry Potter Star Evanna Lynch: I Wish People Would Give J.K. Rowling More Grace and Listen to Her, Britain's $4 Billion Boss: ITV Chief Carolyn McCall Bets It All on Talent, 2023 Music Festivals: How to Buy Tickets to Coachella, Governors Ball, Lollapalooza and More. All Rights Reserved. A rep for the Canadian actor, who was best known for his role as Dave Turner on the teen series "Degrassi: The Next Generation," confirmed. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Many of Frenchs former co-stars and friends took to social media with tributes to his family. Possibly; still, nobody knows. Jahmil French's cause of death is unknown - but his co-stars have paid tribute to the late star on social media today. "It. Learn how your comment data is processed. Jahmil French known for his performance in the Candian teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation has passed away. Jahmils death was confirmed by his representative, who didnt divulge exactly how Jahmil died but asked for thoughts and prayers for the actors family. This video is how Ill always think of him. Melinda Shankar, who shared screen space with Jahmil on Degrassi, also penned a tribute for the late actor. Theyve Had an Inappropriate Relationship For Months, How Black Creators Can Expand Their Network with LinkedIn. jahmil french cause of death tmz. French is best known for his role as Dave, who first entered the Degrassi universe in 2009 as a new student intent on achieving popularity. This video is how Ill always think of him. Hollywood Life I just hope you knew how loved you were. Right now, Theyre all just processing this devastating news. No cause of death has been confirmed. So suddenly and without any news of an illness with an unknown cause of death, the Soundtrack young stars death shocked everyone. Shamed Stephen Bear 'broke behind bars' as star's company struck off before he's jailed for 21 months, Inside Jesy Nelson's heartbreaking new video with cheating, gaslighting and shocking scenes as she plays her mum, Victoria Beckham and Nicola Peltz play happy families as they pose together in Paris after 'feud', Radio star rushed to hospital after suffering brain haemorrhage, Peter Andre and wife Emily look stunning as they dress as 'opposites' on night out in London, Katie Price in new row with ex Kieran as they clash over daughters hair makeover, The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all-around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday," Jos Safran, creator of the Netflix original series . There are no details on the cause of his death. It is the fourth instalment of the Degrassi franchise. A Warner Bros. Monique Samuels Divorce Rumors From Chris After 10 Years! Jahmils sudden tragedy is making fans question what could have happened to the young talent. chisme chica (@Anthologist) March 2, 2021. Our thoughts are with Jamils family, friends, and fans at this time. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. Essence may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Jahmil's death was confirmed by his representative, who didn't divulge exactly how Jahmil died but asked for thoughts and prayers for the actor's family. His passing was announced on Twitter by fellow Candian actress Cristine Prosperi, who shared pictures of the two of them with the caption: My heart is so heavy.. Truly one of a kind. For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online. He was always dancing. "We started on Degrassi the same year and I'll never forget the day I met him. Rest In Peace, she mentioned. @jahmilfrench, you will always hold such a special place in my heart, wrote Melinda Shankar, who played his characters love interest on Degrassi, wrote on Instagram. Rest In Peace. The cause of the young actor's death and the circumstances around it remain undisclosed. No details on the cause of death were made available. Screenwriter and producer Joshua Safran, who worked. appreciated. Stefan Brogren features as the long-standing characterArchie Snake Simpson on the same show. How did he die? The actor was well-known for his performance as Dave Turner in the popular show, Degrassi: The Next Generation . "Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Today, Tuesday,March 2, the world wonders how Degrassi star Jahmil French die while he was only 29. chisme chica (@Anthologist) March 2, 2021. Shankar essays the role of Alli Bhandari, Daves love interest on Degrassi: The Next Generation.. His role earned him a nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards. Like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheSunUSand follow us from our main Twitter account at@TheSunUS. This is crazy news Jahmil French, known for his role as Dave Turner in the hit Canadian series Degrassi: The Next Generation, has died, his representative Gabrielle Kachman confirmed to Deadline. Ill miss our dance offs.#Bhandurner forever., A post shared by Melinda Leanna Shankar (@mindyshankar), Christina Milian, who starred in Soundtrack wrote a message under Frenchs Instagram post from January saying You will be missed. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French, she said in a statement. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of a dear friend and client Jahmil French, Kachman said in a statement. This is a real loss. I will have more to say about him later. Though not all of us have kept in case contact since Degrassi ended and not for any reason other than the simple fact that time and life go on 0 at the end of the day, we are a family. It was a pleasure to work with him and he will be missed. Truly one of a kind. Another commented: I been watching Degrassi since 2001 and I remember around 2007 or 2008 when they started introducing you and the other new cast I was like no I dont want these new characters, but I instantly fell in love with the new cast. She wrote that she is grateful for the deep conversations and memories she shared with him. His former club, Stade de Reims, and the French Soccer Federation confirmed this news. He was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards in 2018 for his performance in Boost. Some of Jahmil Frenchs notable credits include Lets Get Physical, The Night Before Halloween, Remedy, The Divide, Rocky Road, and The Infamous.. He also appeared in Degrassi: Minis as Dave. Mar 2, 2021. Canadian actor Jamil French has passed away at the age of 29. I am at a loss for words right now. You were a talented actor and will be missed., A third chimed in and said: RIP brutha. Only posting because I see the story getting out there. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Co-stars Annie Clark and Cristine Prosperi, Fiona Coyne and Imogen Moreno respectively on the series, also paid tribute to Jahmil in posts that reflected on the memories that they shared with the spirited actor. His passing was announced on Twitter by fellow Candian actress Cristine Prosperi, who shared pictures of the two of them with the caption: My heart is so heavy.. 2023 Cable News Network. He was always dancing. E! People want to know the truth behind his death. He starred in Degrassi: The Next Generation and received a Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Performance in a Children's Youth Program or Series at the 1st Canadian Screen Awards in 2013. I will have more to say about him later. He was always dancing. Truly one of a kind. Tributes to Jahmil flooded in shortly after news of his death. "Degrassi" star Jahmil French has died at the age of 29. Users are sharing their favorite moments from his performance on the show. Those who paid tribute to Jahmil and mourned his loss focused not on his death but more on his life and the impact he made over his short time on this earth. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. 2. ", Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. A true talent and a great friend. ", "He was such a special person and I'm so grateful for the memories we made," she continued. This video is how Ill always think of him. He also had a recurring role as Dante Mendoza in the 2019 Netflix series Soundtrack. We will all miss you so much Jahmil". Gone way too soon. So full of energy and fun. Is Degrassi stars death cause related to the big dilemma of 2020-2021? I will have more to say about him later. pic.twitter.com/JE67FYX6OL. He was 28 years old. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. Christine Prosperi also shared French and herself photos, writing that her heart is so heavy and Jahmil was Truly one of a kind. Romance in the Air, Story of AustralianGreat Singer Archie Roachs Cause of Death. Last time I saw him, he was nominated for a CSA for his work in the movie Boost and I was certain he was only getting started. < 'Degrassi: The Next Generation' actor Jahmil French passes away at 28, Cassie Steele's Buss It Challenge Video Has Impressed Her Degrassi Co-star Drake, Brie Larson Teases New Project With Tessa Thompson, Says 'Were Cooking Something Up', Ashley Benson On Keeping Her Relationships Private; Says, 'It's More Sacred That Way', Dolly Parton Gets Her Shot Of COVID Vaccine; Calls It 'dose Of Own Medicine'. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Essence.com Advertising Terms. Social Media Sensation Bianca Devins Has Been Killed, Mpura and Killer Kau Died in Fatal Car Accident; Kabza is Alive, Tragic Story Stands Behind Luc Montagniers Cause of Death. The Sunis your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video. She will have more to say about French later. He will be so missed by us all. Jahmil French passed away on March 1, 2021, at the age of 29. Just Fontaine's world cup record. How did he die? Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Also read |Cassie Steele's Buss It Challenge Video Has Impressed Her Degrassi Co-star Drake, Also read |Brie Larson Teases New Project With Tessa Thompson, Says 'Were Cooking Something Up'. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Great Author Bob Proctor Passed Away at 88, The Star Dakota Skyes Cause of Sudden Death is Unknown, Autopsy Result Clarifying Prophet TB Joshuas Cause of Death, Suicide Led to TikToker Leah Cantillons Death at a Young Age, Kings Gate CoFounder Rob Skibas Cause of Death is Unknown Yet, Smokie Bassist Terry Uttleys Sudden Death at 70 Confirmed, Nebraska State Senator Rich Pahls Passed Away, American ArtistJames Bama Unfortunately Passed Away, Tragedy of Football Player Sione Veikosos Cause of Death, EX Chargers Quarterback John Hadls Cause of Death at 82. Is Nanci Griffiths Cause of Death Related to a Health Problem? Right now were all just processing this devastating news. He stayed on the show until 2013 and, during that time, earned a Canadian Screen Award nomination. I will have more to say about him . He was a great young man with a great heart and the beloved friend of many. Depression may have Caused. "It is with a. We grew up together, all of us. View our online Press Pack. Rest In Peace. Rest peacefully King". But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. ", "Degrassi" actress Melinda Shankar also tweeted, "So grateful for memories and deep convos with you, beautiful angel. This heartbreaking news was shared by Chica on March 2. Most recently, he was part of Soundtrack, portraying Dante Mendoza on the Netflix music-themed drama. The 29-year-old actor was best known for playing Dave Turner on the popular teen show. Frenchs co-stars expressed their grief as they remember him for his energy and warmth. According to Joshuas words, we can expect her to tell us what exactly happened to Jahmil French and what is behind his unknown cause of death. His role earned him a nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards. Toronto-born actor Jahmil French, known for his roles on Degrassi: The Next Generation as well as Netflix's Soundtrack, has tragically passed away at the young age of 28. I ask that you keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time., Joshua Safran, who worked with the actor on Netflixs Soundtrack in 2019, also confirmed news of his co-workers death in a tweet that read, I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all-around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday, Joshua tweeted in his passing. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. It has been updated to reflect he was 28. Right now we're all just processing this devastating news.". Just Fontaine is best known for the 1958 world cup match, where he was the tournament . Annie Clarke also remembered the actor by saying, "Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Melinda Shankar (@melindashankar) March 2, 2021. Frenchs last photo on Instagram, posted on January 18 also has comments from fans wondering what led to his death. I will have more to say about him later. Jahmil French, seen here visiting Build to discuss the series "Soundtrack" at Build Studio on December 18, 2019 in New York City, passed away this week at age 28. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. We will all miss you so much Jahmil., Dylan Everett, who played Campbell Saunders, shared his first memory of Jahmil, writing, "One of the first people I met on Degrassi, he immediately made me feel welcome. They will all miss Jahmil so much. He was an integral part of the Degrassi family and certainly a huge part of my degrassi days. French played Dante Mendoza on the first season of the show. The Legendary top scorer in the world cup has now passed away at the age of 89. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. Read to know more details. In the tweet, she also wrote, "Only posting because I see the story getting out there. Thank you for being one of the most talented, compassionate, kindest, funniest friends I have, she added.