I am quite sure that they tell you not to use WD-40 on them. A little plastic gate rides between two rubber seals (one on the outside of the gate and one on the inside), preventing the stuff from rolling out. The veggie oil is a gallon jug the cheapest (~$5) stuff from Walmart or similar store. I am in campground with blk tank maybe 3/4 full. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wU-a8W44_4), NO MESS: At-home RV body valve repair is mess-free for your convenience, VERSATILE: Bladex valve is compatible with GrenTec, Blade, Valterra, Bristol, and Anonda valves. They have 4 tanks, 5 if you include fresh water. All Rights Reserved. For the gray, took the trap loose under the bathroom sink, emptied out the water, reconnected it and poured the vegetable oil down it. The hold should be about as big as the straw on the lube can. Holding tank valves Fifth Wheels . Once you insert the new valve, replace the bolts. there's no adjustment for the RV sewer dump valve cables. This website utilizes some advertising services. Coconut oil is added to prevent sticking valves, making equipment last longer. Forest River recalls some trailers for fridge fire risk, ST-type tire speed ratings One mans opinion. Both valves are at the back of the tanks near the end of the dropped frame. We're so happy that you found us out there in the Youtube world!\rIf you like our channel, then give us some sub love and please subscribe. The Official Site of Philip T. Rivera. Its called, Youve got no place to go if your holding tank valves wont open.. A quart bottle treats a tank eight or nine times. Give our video a thumbs up to like, share on your social media, and tell your friends. There are two moving parts on RV gate valves. Tighten the provided hardware to complete installation. i tried lubing the cable, pull the valves and installed new seals, tried cooking oil in my tanks before i used them, to lube the actual valve, none of this worked. I will do this with only about 2-3 gallons of water for sloshing and just before a trip. Should You Camp at the Thousand Trails Chehalis Resort? Shop Now What are your likely plans for 2023? The Glamping Guys 6.73K subscribers Subscribe 8.7K views 2 years ago #gaycouple #rvlifestyle. Your email address will not be published. tried 2# new 3 #blk valves last mo, both are sticking (hear rubber dragging on pull leaver shaft. I agree with Gerald. This will not show on your comment but is for us to contact you if necessary. Posted on June 27, 2022 by As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This photo shows the drain pipe bayonet with the lever just to the left and a long rod dangling with little support. Enter a Melbet promo code and get a generous bonus, An Insight into Coupons and a Secret Bonus, Organic Hacks to Tweak Audio Recording for Videos Production, Bring Back Life to Your Graphic Images- Used Best Graphic Design Software, New Google Update and Future of Interstitial Ads. Siebenbrgische Spezialitten Erzeugnisse aus der Heimat nach original Rezepten. When you dump the tanks you just pull the handles. The gray #2 is a long run on our unit since the valve is on the door side. Only downside is that the 303 is more expensive than either of the others. Its especially worth doing if youre consistently having problems. or any other ideas why black Valve seems working in that cable moves but nothing out. Terry and Jo2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB32008 Ford F450 2019 Ford Expedition Max as Tag-along or Scout Our photos on Smugmug, Bill Joyce, 40' 2004 Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape HybridJournal at http://www.sacnoth.comFull-timing since July 2003. Likewise, to prevent gunk buildup and maintain pliable seals, you can pour vegetable oil down the drain and allow it to coat the RV waste valve. Either pull the rod out by hand or grip the broken piece with pliers and slide it out a little. His sound principles of RV waste management have led to a group of products designed to make the unpleasant task of dumping holding tanks more sanitary, safe and convenient for the end user. Dave recommends applying silicon to the shaft, rather than WD-40, which will clean the grease and rid of the natural oils that help the valve slide fluidly. The idea is that the dish soap will be able to clean around the gate valve to loosen up whatever is making it impossible to open. Holding the piping/flanges apart, insert the valve between the flanges being sure NOT to move the seals. Takes less than half a second to open and close. By continuing to use our site, you consent to accepting cookies. Pro Tip: There a several methods for cleaning your black tank, find out which method is right for you. Just replaced all three pull cablesturned out to be a relatively simple jobat least that's what DH saidLOL! No anonymous comments. To our readers: We NEVER have or will sell reader's data. Proper maintenance is the best way to keep the gate valves to the RV holding tanks from getting sticky, hard to open and close, or stuck. A password will be e-mailed to you. Some RVers who have been flummoxed by sticky valve handles have gone a step further than the simple advice to lube it every now and then. What Are the Best Campgrounds in Branson, Missouri? That doesnt mean things wont break or crack, but do what you can to prevent such issues from happening. I do that and it has served us well. Just wipe all dishes/ pans/skillets out completely with paper towels (first dry, then wet) before washing them. Probably cheaper than Murphy's oil. Remove from the valve with an Allen wrench and stretch to size, use a piece of tape to mark the proper length don't forget to measure the operating length of the inner cable.Remove the entire cable and take it to a table grinder then carefully twist the outer cable while grinding without damaging the inner cable until it's cut off. You can lubricate your valves over and over again on a regular basis with this method. For example, internal tank sensors require drilling through the sides of the RV holding tank at precise locations. See the detail from Valterras Installation Sheet to make sure your cable is installed properly or has not loosened up from a secure area. The RVers are usually referring to the black 3-inch gate valve on their black holding tank. Charlie. Thanks for your interest. We are not lost in the Woods..Just Extreme boondocking!!!!!! Hopefully, everything was ok over the holiday. Its time to replace it. First, go to your sewage line where you dump the gray or black tank. Dear Dave, Ive been an auto mechanic for 43 years, and never heard them called anything but ZERKS. I'm really having a lot of friction when trying to pull the gray and the black water cables. What are your thoughts on lubricating waste tank valves? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Get exclusive tips and tricks to save your money and time in the RV lifestyle! drove the fiver around to lube up the valves, tried for two days to see if it was to work. Were asked often about the proper method to lubricate a sticky RV dump valve. If you dont have Thetford RV drain valve lubricant on hand another thing you can try to lubricate the RV gate valve thats stuck closed is dish soap and water. This website utilizes some advertising services. Our dump valves are quite stiff. So make sure you dont undo the bolts too much. You may have to loosen a bracket holding the propane pipe but that is a snap too. Leaving your RVs gray valve open when fully hooked up allows you to take long showers without worrying about dumping or filling up the gray tank. 2019 Ford Expedition Max as Tag-along or Scout. 513-401-7763 or Contact Us. Or send your inquiries to him using the form below. I have replaced both gray water valves on my TT because of too much glue during construction. Your Guide to Understanding Encore RV Resorts, The Best Good Sam Club Campgrounds in the US. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. All tanks are rotationally molded of a seamless one piece, non-corrosive linear polyethylene that meets FDA acceptance and complies with Coast Guard regulations. Your ice cube tray does a lot more than just make ice, Holy federal film permit, Batman! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 20082023 RV LIFE. Glad to hear it worked for you. If you want to edit a comment click the gear icon to the right of your comment and choose edit, or delete. If the tank is almost full you might not be able to add any extra water, but thats ok. Leave a little space in the tank so the liquid and waste inside can slosh around and mix up the dish soap. We occasionally update our terms and privacy policies pages so if you have not read them lately, we encourage you to do so. Having problems with your RV black tank can cause you much frustration. They act as a door that keeps the wastewater in the appropriate tank until you wish to empty it at an appropriate dump facility. Now work the valve open and closed a few times. Learn how your comment data is processed. Eco-Save Original Formula is a cleaner and odor remover that's said to be safe for all RV holding tanks. Any price listed excludes sales tax, registration tags, and delivery fees. By code it's mandated that the sewer valves be positioned only so far from the tank outlet, so moving all three valves to the side of the coach may not be the best choice. oz. How much veg oil do you pour in? This will then lube the valve seals. Conclusion. Let sit for a few minutes and then exercise the valve by opening and closing a few times. Buy an RV, sell your RV, or both? I think will go out right now and spray and work the hell out of it and see if it loosens up. Make sure to hold the flanges tight against the valve during this process. Read more. Some do it 3-4 times a year when the rig is in service as well. We use the rig 5-6 times a year, every 2-3 months, but the first several dumps on each trip the valves are always very stiff. Once you detach the valve, clean around the seals and gaskets. - 89-8282 Last year in Texas I started to squirt a lubricating/penetrating oil into each one of the cables where they pass through the dock center (if that makes sense). how to record directors salary in quickbooks Accept X Then we pull each valve a few times to lubricate the action. drill a hole in the top and squirt a bunch of dry lube in. This situation is something every RV owner fears, and it can sometimes be difficult to solve. If the bolts get removed all of the ways the gate valve will fall open and the contents of the holding tank will come spilling out uncontrollably. Snaked the lines, drilled a hole, baking soda vinegar trick, and everything else under the sun. Realizing this was a loosing battle, I cut the sewer line that is already exposed and inserted a ball valve with two rubber couplers. DO NOT USE the old standby, WD-40. Do they actually work? and how do i hook it back up to work. Or you can take off the valve and replace it with a new one. If you use RV holding tank cleaner and dump your tanks regularly, chances are pretty good . The lubricant is heavier than water which means it can sink to the bottom. Even though its meant to be used on empty RV holding tanks theres a chance RV drain valve lubricant will work anyways. Click or drag a file to this area to upload. i had the same problem plus mY black tank valve wouldn't shut all the way off. As mentioned above, you can simply spray or rub the lubricant on the valve after youve dumped the black tank contents. Weve never tried it, and do have a couple of concerns. What do you do when your RV black tank valve gets stuck? Any suggestions for enclosed tanks and valves? Holding the piping/flanges apart, insert the valve between the flanges being sure NOT to move the seals. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Why? Poured a large bottle of Dawn and three pans of hot water, stomped around to make vibration so soap would agitate, and the whole tank drained in 30 mins. went to drain black water tank and handle came out with the cable nothing drained so i pushed cable back so did the end of the cable come off, the gate ? RV Waste Superstore - On Sale Now! But if youre in a tough situation with an RV holding tank valve that wont open when you need to dump your RV its a simple trick you can try. These Destinations Will Be Overrun With Tourists in 2023, The Highest Rated Campgrounds in North Carolina, Your Complete Guide to Marco Island Beaches, What People Really Think About Arrowhead RV Campground. Fulltimer Class ofLate2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori. Price: $73.28. RV drain valve lubricant is dumped into the grey and black tank. 4 What to do about sticky valve handles in RV? Enclosed And Heated Underbelly; Heated Holding Tanks; Enclosed Dump Valves; Heated Dump Valves; Zero Degree Extended Season Enjoyment; Touring Edition Package.