Another alleged incident came in 2014 after a donor event in Pasco, Washington. After Bodeau graduated, Gesser, now 39, asked her to attend a fundraiser in Tumwater. There is work that will have to be done.. Im hoping it wont be a negative impact.. These feelings kept her from inviting the Gessers to their wedding and when his name would pop up, it would bring back the emotions of that night. [Coworker] indicated that Jason had a sexual relationship with [intern], a student-athlete and Jasons intern, Farkas said, according to the notes. By the time she made it back home, she said everyone was asleep, giving her no one to speak with about what had happened. Wold played volleyball for the Cougars from 2012-2013 before foregoing her senior season due to injuries. During an interview with KREM 2, she said she grew close to the Gesser family and met Gesser's wife through WSU volleyball. If its a money thing why WSU is keeping him around then shame on them, she said. Bodeau spoke out after reading about other allegations against Gesser. Who Is Jason Gesser's Wife? CougEd Hall Of Fame. Bodeau said she allowed Gesser into her apartment. Bodeau, 27, reads each one out loud, feeling the weight of each woman's experience. Farkas then went on to speak with Almond about the issue and also told investigators he reported the concerns to WSU Title IX officials on Dec. 26, 2017. The same woman in question also told investigators Gesser held a higher role than her in the department and had sent her suggestive texts, including during work hours. Gesser answered the Evergreens call, but hung up before we could identify ourselves or ask any questions. she asks. Bodeau married Steven Bodeau, 28, in 2017. He started as the football beat reporter in the fall of 2017 and midway through With 39 seconds left and WSU holding a 3-point lead, the Cougars put the ball into the hands of Charlisse Leger-Walker, their best player, perhaps the ASWSU fees just one part of overall Service and Activity Fees at WSU, WSU stalls unionization for student employees, Dean of Students will leave WSU, embark on new adventure in China, President Schulz receives $125,000 pay raise for unprecedented financial leadership, Board of Regents justifies 2.4% tuition increase, WSU staff to receive salary increase next year, Campus cannabis policies ensure federal funding, financial aid, Survey released to gauge success of university work-life balance initiative, Anonymous donor gifts $1.5 million to WSU Accounting Department, Services and Activities Fee Committee votes to increase fee to $559, DYLAN GREENE, Evergreen deputy sports editor. So, how much is Jason Gesser worth at the age of 43 years old? I didnt want to hurt the kids, I didnt want to hurt the wife because I was carrying around the belief that this was my fault, and I thought I was the only one this was happening to, and I thought if I remove myself from the situation it will all go away., Bodeau, her boyfriend at the time, said he was on the porch while Wold did homework in his room when she came out to talk and looked distraught.. When she was received the text, she was at her now-husbands house in Spokane and said the two had only been dating for a couple of weeks at the time. She also said she had heard of these things happening before her employment at WSU. He has to be stopped.. But I dont, because I dont want to run into him, I dont want to hear his voice and I dont want to hear his name, she said. His net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. It might just take a little bit for me to feel comfortable. For Bodeau, however, it doesn't end there. The woman also said she fulfilled her duties on-time as a caddy, but did leave early in order to catch a flight booked for her by the university so she could make it to work the next day. So it makes me sad that the school I love so much is making these decisions, Bodeau said about the conclusion of the original investigation. Gesser and his wife, former WSU volleyball player Kali Surplus, and their 17-month-old daughter, Jordyn, have stayed in Tennessee but a move to the Tacoma area is planned for mid-January. Facebook gives people the power to. I bleed crimson for my love of Pullman. If this is a money thing, that breaks my heart even more.. I hadnt seen the kids in a very long time. WSU investigation finds Jason Gesser violated sexual harassment policy Gil Picciotto, who served as executive associate vice president for the WSU Foundation for 11 years before leaving to become the current president of Eastside Catholic School in Sammamish, said he went to Schulz with concerns. Dec 22, 2002 22,072 . Former Cougar great Jason Gesser ready to call WSU games on the radio IAN SMAY and DYLAN GREENESeptember 13, 2018. In his statement issued Friday about the earlier misconduct investigation and subsequent news coverage, Gesser wrote: The only thing I care about more deeply than WSU is my family and integrity. She never participated the next day to be that four caddy, Ganders told investigators. I loved them like my own, Bodeau said of the Gesser children. The donor complained to him that the woman had been invited up for Gessers personal reasons instead of the interests of the donors or WSU, Ganders said in the records. She thinks of the messages on her phone. I just referred to it as an HR issue, Almond said in the records. He said he felt the need to bring up the concerns surrounding Gesser, despite the original purpose of the meeting being a discussion about IMG and WSUs relationship. Copyright 2023, The Spokesman-Review | Community Guidelines | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright Policy, Former Washington State quarterback, and current athletic department employee, Jason Gesser has issued a statement denying that he has had any inappropriate sexual relations with interns or staff, and wrote that he will not allow his name to be unfairly smeared. |, Washington State University officials announced Thursday that they found no violation of University policy regarding an investigation into alleged inappropriate sexual conduct by former quarterback, and current athletic staff member, Jason Gesser. He filled the open position left by his successor at Eastside Catholic, Jeremy Thielbar, a former Cougar teammate. Gesser played college football at Washington State University in Pullman. However, he said he didnt like to override the decisions of vice presidents, deans or other department heads entrusted with managing staff and faculty. He said that he was afraid that I would say something about everything., Concerns from donors and behavior at fundraisers. She said Gesser offered to catch her up with how his family was doing and asked her to pick him up from his hotel. In the summer of 2013, Wold said she began nannying for the Gessers and did so for about a year and a half. I thought thats weird and moved on. Wold said she moved to the Olympia area following her time at WSU after receiving an offer for a volleyball coaching position at St. Martins University in Lacey, Washington. Staff is frustrated, I am frustrated.. I dont see anything inappropriate with that, Weiler said. Since then, Wold said the entire situation has ruined her relationship with WSU and the Pullman area. View the profiles of people named Jason Gesser. 'I think he's the guy that can (throw) 10 touchdowns.' Why Hawaii's Athletic department officials said in their interviews with OEO that donors and coworkers had raised concerns over Gessers behavior at fundraisers and other CAF events. He completed 89 of 145 passes for 1,092 yards, 23 touchdowns, and seven interceptions. I was so confused and terrified in that moment, Wold said during an in-person interview at Neill Public Library on Monday. He asked, Why? I said, Because you are a married man and you have a family.. "It will be good to get back up in Washington," he said. It's something to do with her hands so they don't shake during interviews. But then she had the encounter with Gesser in 2015. The Evergreen made multiple attempts to reach Matt Almond, general manager at WSU IMG, for comment regarding the reason for Gessers departure, but he never returned calls or emails, other than one from a secretary asking what we wanted to speak about. He finished the season completing 23 of 42 passes for 356 yards, four touchdowns and five interceptions. Gesser was hired as the quarterbacks coach at Wyoming in February 2013, under fourth-year head coach Dave Christensen. Besides those closest to her, Alyssa Bodeau, ne Wold, says she never thought she'd tell anyone about the night she says Gesser groped her and forcibly kissed her. He is the only player in Cougar history to be elected as captain three consecutive years. National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673. The Evergreen has confirmed Wold coached for SMU in 2014 through the universitys website. WSU places Jason Gesser on leave after former nanny files formal "I thought I'd take this to my grave," she says. Nothing in that year-and-a-half led me to believe that I could not trust him, Bodeau said. It was devastating. "How many does it take for it to become an issue?" Jason Gesser has been a stay-at-home dad this NFL season, but the former Washington State quarterback hopes his football fortunes are about to improve. He seemed very nice.. I will not allow my name to be unfairly smeared, and I will continue to passionately serve our University as a proud member of Cougar Nation, Gesser wrote in his statement. Wold said he first put a hand on her leg during the drive, but removed it once she looked at him. She trusted him and then that happened and she was in a weird spot.. Mike Marlow, WSU deputy athletic director, accepted another job days after President Schulz was notified of the Gesser allegations. The university released a statement following that article stating that OEO completed an investigation into the allegations of Gesser and found no violation of WSU policy. It is unclear if it is the same donor that complained to Ganders. Whitman County Massage therapist says Jason Gesser exposed himself to her Streets was a massage therapist about three years ago in Moscow, Idaho, and Gesser was one of her clients. She said she ran out on the porch to talk to him. He and fellow ex-Cougar Ryan Leaf both campaigned for the position of quarterbacks coach at WSU when it became available after the 2007 season. I definitely felt like I had the opportunity to be heard and that my situation was being taken seriously, Bodeau said. WSU, Jason Gesser respond to report alleging inappropriate sexual So, how much is Jason Gesser worth at the age of 43 years old? However, she denied having romantic relations with Gesser at the event or otherwise. She told me everything that happened, he said. She gazes toward her feet, shaking her head, quietly processing her answer. When a lifelong heart condition became worse, Donny Jones, who lives near Seattle, knew by last June that hed be heading to Spokane. During their ride, they both were silent, other than Gesser telling her it was OK because nothing happened between them, Wold said. For Bodeau, Gesser resigning isn't enough. He also said she told him how excited she was to attend the event, but how the night quickly turned sour. The department can reach out to those outside of WSU if there is reason to believe they have important information, Anderson said. And having already received messages from dozens of women, she also issued a call to action: "If my story resonates with you, come forward. The event was really great. [Gessers] reputation with WSU is tattered, regardless of what you find, Farkas said in the records. When she read those allegations in the newspaper two weeks ago, she realized she was not alone. Almond told investigators he met with Schulz. Jason had asked if they could leave for her place in order to catch up further, she said. Another woman wanting to be heard, but searching for her voice. Alyssa Wold-Bodeau, a former WSU volleyball player, told The Daily Evergreen on Monday that Gesser groped her and tried forcefully to kiss her after the two attended a fundraising event in 2015.. She played her junior season in 2012, but chose to sit out her senior year because of an injury. She then picked him up to give him a ride which she said is when the advances began. Bodeau took care of Gesser's children. You have to have full commitment from the family as Leach did when he asked his wife if she would rather have him happy and poor, coaching, or miserable and money, law. I chose to go there. Almond said he met with Schulz last December to discuss the issues, a meeting which has been confirmed by the Evergreen. So far, she's messaged the women back, thanking them for sharing. About the same time, she started caring for the Gessers children, she said, to help out Gessers wife, a former WSU volleyball player who remained active with the team. I truly never meant to cause you harm.. It made me avoid Pullman. She said she felt the need to speak out now to prevent what happened to her from happening to others. I was very close with their oldest daughter, she still has my signs on her door.. The records also show Almond informing investigators that former female employee had told him about an intern claiming she had relations with Gesser. He was previously the interim head coach, offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach, and recruiting coordinator for the Idaho Vandals of the WAC. Gesser recruited the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii for Idaho. The donor then called Ganders the next day and brought up the fact the former player had not returned until 4 a.m. the next morning, which the donor called weird, according to the records. Jason was flirty at times, Wold said, but she chalked this up as part of his personality and he never appeared threatening while she was in Pullman. At the time, I said, I wanted to let you know about our current HR issues, he told investigators. OEO determined it didnt have enough evidence to conduct an investigation under Executive Policy 15, but referred the matter to Human Resource Services based on information from witnesses that may violate other WSU polices or raise concerns related to employee performance and professionalism. [An intern] shared a concern with me, Almond said in the records. Gesser is the grandson of Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame member Joseph "Red" Dunn. That is when it really affected me professionally.. She said that final act made me want to vomit and I felt so disgusting.. Multiple people interviewed by the OEO said they were either aware of or had personally informed President Kirk Schulz of the concerns surrounding Gesser. Bodeau went home after dropping Gesser off at his hotel. That includes Uri Farkas, director of the Cougar Athletic Fund, and Gil Picciotto, executive associate vice president for the WSU Foundation. If no one is willing to come forward, the investigation goes as far as it can.. Frontier Behavioral Health's 24-hour First Call for Help line: 838-4428 or toll free at 1-877-678-4428. Essentially asking out your coworker, typically thats on the basis of their sex, she said. That's why the Titans signed Doug Johnson, a five-year veteran who had been cut by Jacksonville, to be their No. To the young woman that I made feel uncomfortable, I respectfully have a different recollection of the situation youve described, Gesser wrote, but acknowledge that I should never have been in the situation in the first place, and I apologize. She thinks of the college she loves. I remember her being extremely upset about it, Peterson said. Alyssa Bodeau's phone won't stop buzzing. WSU investigating university official after sexual assault allegations