You have no memorials left in the free version. Praying for you all. Yes, before school and after dinner, EVERY DAY for 3 YEARs. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. I'm so sorry to hear that she is gone and I hope Leith is doing OK. Fun Story: Greg and I showed up in July or August of 2017 on a Saturday to check the place out. All of our love and prayers to friends and family that are missing her today and always. Born, July 1, 1953 in Darlington County, SC she was a daughter of the late Harold Atkinson and the late Yvonne Ann Perdue McCray. Linda A. Cannon, 72, of Manchester, NJ, passed away suddenly at home on Saturday, December 25, 2021. Linda said she needed some help, so being about 14, I offered so make some extra money and learn about Dairy Goat farming. Randol Waters, University Of Tennessee Lindas drive and ambition helped fuel the expansion of the dairy goat industry well beyond the fields of Khimaira Farm. Enjoyed working with her. frank dill obituary. To the family I send my sincere condolences on the loss of your wife, mother, sister , aunt and friend. I was very saddened to hear of Linda's passing. My teenage time with her was so educational, she helped mold me into the earth loving, Brother Earth that I am today. Linda and Leith were instrumental in the formation and functioning of the VASWCD IT Committee. Erin and I are so sorry to hear of lindas passing. Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District Educational Foundation, ALS Association - Linda Campbell Memorial Fund, "No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth" - Thomas Jefferson <><><> Campbell is 4'11" tall and weighs 110 pounds. No matter what initiative she was running, the miles she traveled, or how long her day was, she managed to prepare home-cooked meals with love for her family and had a way of making her daughters feel unconditionally loved. Your browser may not work with certain site. Linda graduated from Thornapple Kellogg Middleville with the class of 1957. costco locations in texas coming soon We had our wedding at Lindas farm and it was the beautiful venue. I do not recall the order of the daughters, but I do remember cute little Julena being the first. Julena was not even 2 years old yet. I love you all so much and your Momma was SO PROUD of each of you!! Besides, at that time, even Linda did not get her driverss license! What a blessing she was to family, friends, business acquaintances, and the many organizations she made better by being involved and simply being Linda. Linda Lou was my girlfriend in 3rd grade. Julena, thank you for keeping me updated as things progressed. It has been such a pleasure to watch her journey, growing up, marrying the love of her life, having 4 beautiful girls and 4 precious grandchildren. Both email and telephone. Shenanigans ensued. Celia Cruz - Queen of Salsa - Died 7-16-2003 in Fort Lee, New Jersey, U.S. - Cancerous brain tumor (. Godspeed, Linda. Read More Amenities Location I am rdr2 special miracle tonic pamphlet location; scholastic scope finding and using text evidence answer key; prayer to bless bread and wine for communion; uberti 1873 competition rifle; leslie browne husband; wine pairing with green chile chicken enchiladas; She was a book of knowledge on everything.You all have my Prayers. Linda was born in North Sydney and raised on the old Gannon Road where she met her husband, Gerald Campbell. Linda led a very active, creative life. Prayers sent your way. She loved what she did, loved helping people, and I am sorry for the family's loss. View Linda Campbell results in Elmira, NY including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. The first time I met Linda she was having a birthday party for all of us five year-olds and birthing goats at the same time. In more recent years, the farm has become a popular wedding venue, attracting clients from around the world who appreciate her passion for conservation and sustainability. She was a role model, mentor, always willing to share her goat knowledge and expertise. She loved mayonnaise sandwiches. My thoughts are with Lindas family during this challenging time. Campbell has brown hair and hazel eyes. However, i have been a part of the family for many years prior. Apr. She was born August 3, 1951, and was the daughter of the late Oscar Thomas Sours and Gernie Meadows Sours of Luray. We told her that we were really looking for an April wedding and she made it so that we could have the perfect day by opening the weekend before she normally would. We didnt get to make it last year due to the pandemic. Just like her mother Gernie passed these traits onto her, Linda instilled this strength, passion, work ethic, kindness and drive into her daughters. Linda often stayed at the receiving farms for multiple weeks to provide guidance and to transfer her in-depth knowledge of best practices to the recipients as they set up their own dairy goat operations. ALS is such an ugly disease. <><><> My husband and I got married April 29 2017 and the day couldnt have been better with the help of Linda. She received Jesus as her Savior at the age of . In the 1980s, she began exporting breeding stock internationally. It was great always knowing there were folks like them around. I am very saddened to learn of her passing. Her homemade goat milk ice cream was always a hit among farm tour patrons, be it elementary school kids, veterinary college students, or tour buses full of travelers from across the world. The world is a much emptier placed without people like Linda. May God Bless Leith and all of Lindas family as they mourn the loss of their, mother, wife, sister and matriarch. linda campbell obituary near manchester. Each time was as if time stood still and we were girls again, laughing and singing, sharing our stories. It was great to meet someone who was as passionate about sustainability as us and had her planning expertise. I was touched by her care and concern in making the his wedding absolutely perfect. Copyright 2023 Keeper Inc. - All Rights Reserved. Linda Lee Campbell, born May 1, 1943, in Chicago, Illinois, passed away peacefully on July 4th, 2021, in Gilbert, Arizona. Hope you feel my arms around you! Linda was a dedicated mother first and foremost and leaves. During those 3 years, Linda and Leith taught me about organic gardening, making our own yogurt, butter and cheese. Lindas beautiful spirit will always be with me. What a successful full life she had. Julena, my deepest sympathy to you and your family during this very difficult time. Yesshe was/is "a wonderful human being with a beautiful soul". Always a teacher and friend to hundreds, we all, who admired and loved to be around her, are grateful for knowing her. I helped the construction workers building the first barn and Milking Parlor (carried boards and block mostly). Yes was always her answer when asked a special favor. Linda (Oppegard) Campbell. She was my personal teacher of the world, and I really appreciated her wisdom. While eating we told them about some of Greg and my goofy stories, and let them know we loved everything about their place. Linda Sours Campbell of Luray, Virginia passed away peacefully in her home at Khimaira Farm on August 14, 2021, after a three-year struggle with ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease. Linda Campbell in New Hampshire. You can search the world over and find few that were as knowledgeable in so many areas, so easy to laugh, so willing to help, and as lovely as Linda. I'm just another happy web hosted customer. She will be missed greatly but her contributions and memory will be lasting. Find Linda Campbell's phone number, address, and email on Spokeo, the leading people search directory for contact information and public records. If you know . Peace & love to you all. Linda and Leith established Khimaira Farm in 1978 and it became one of the first commercial goat dairies in the state of Virginia. Same goes with the girls. like the rest of my nieces and nephews, I feel like you all are just like my own children! I spoke with Linda many times as she helped me learn about the c-Panel, websites and managing email. We shared many, many hours together milking the girls, sometimes over 35 needed to be milked twice a day. Linda Ann Campbell, 60, of Liverpool, made her journey home on January 19, 2021 after battling liver disease for over 20 years. When Kendra was a bun in the oven, and Linda was a little sick, her mom Gernie would take her place to help out. Family and friends are welcome to send flowersor leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. For many years, Linda was the business manager for her familys business, Oscar T. Sours Excavating, a well-known and beloved contractor in Page County and beyond. She made my time catering at your farm a breeze, and so much fun. Linda was an amazing woman, we were so thankful to have met her at a bridal show when my husband and I were looking for venues. I will miss my dear sister, Linda, so much! Salsa ) Born 10-21-1924 in Barrio Santra Suarez, Havana, Cuba - Singer - Was a member of La. LINDA CAMPBELL OBITUARY. As you know, from "Memories" that I wrote for Linda and Leith's 50 wedding celebration, she was a FUN, energetic, smart Gal, who loved adventures, at all ages!! Always known for her vibrant and energetic spirit, Linda shared her enthusiasm for life and her love of goats, conservation, and a rural lifestyle with everyone she met throughout her 70 years of a life well-lived. Leith and family, I will always remember the days , when you and Linda came to our house , when Alans mom and dad were living, those were great days in our lives , Linda was such a pleasure to have as a friend , Her knowledge of gardens , even back in 70s when we would get together with you both was amazing and helpful to me and Alan . Many couples have noted that the strong bonds of love and dedication they witnessed between Linda and Leith, and the strong work ethic and integrity that they exhibited and instilled in their daughter Corina, who helped run the thriving family business, was what drew them to the venue. She was so helpful to me whenever I had a question. Also I had the privilege of serving on the Sheep& Goat Improvement Committee with Linda. Gather your memories and hold them close. Linda was passionate and dedicated and always such an amazing example of tireless work for the environmental health of the Shenandoah Valley and Virginia. published a comment Sonora Matancera - Worked with Tito Puente and Johnny Pacheco - She was married to trumpet. Thoughts and prayers for the family during this difficult time! Many many prayers to her family. Looks like during her life, she stayed on point. Linda was a trailblazer her entire life. She in in Gods Hands now. God bless this family as they mourn the loss of this dear lady. This widget will no longer appear on this page for all users, including guests. Linda has our wedding page open on the table and gave us the warmest hug and congratulations when we arrived. By then I had my drivers license, but I dont think Linda did! We were married at Khimaira Farm eight years ago, and have reflected on how lucky we were to meet such friendly and warm people to work with planning everything. I first met Linda at a meeting in Albany when she was a guest speaker I was in awe she was a rock star in the goat industry all over the world I hope she is resting peacefully now my condolences to her family, I never met Linda in person, but emailed her on a regular basis for the last 3 years. She was terrific. linda campbell obituary near manchester. Ann was a simple woman that loved spending time with her family, especially her grandson, Mason. Online remembrances and messages of sympathy may be shared with her family and friends at: MyKeeper.com/profile/LindaCampbell. She passed me website clients, left and right. Liz Walker, I'm so sorry for your loss Leith. We have always, and will continue, to hold Linda and the entire Khimaira family close to our hearts and in our memory, especially with each wedding anniversary. I treasure the times I got to be with her. She could accomplish so much in her hotel room after a long day of conferencing and networking while I would be moaning about being exhausted. I could tell that she was a generous and loving soul. kent grammar schools cut off marks; atlas 40v chainsaw chain replacement. I will always remember being greeted by Linda and her fur babies. Bear Funeral HomePhone: (540) 337-718814 Green Hill Ln., PO Box 602, Churchville, VA 24421, Bear Funeral HomeCrafted with care by Frazer Consultants and TA. So of course, Gernie and I spent many hours together. So sorry to hear of Lindas passing. Even though I never met her in person, or even talked to her on the phone, I knew her and will miss her. Thanks to knowing Linda, Gernie and Oscar, When I would be walking those 4 miles home from school instead of waiting 2 hours for the bus ride, Lindas long haired brothers and sisters would see me and give me a ride in the dump trucks they were driving for their fathers business. I am thinking and praying for you, as you remember Linda. In 1962, Linda married her high school sweetheart, Billy Joe Campbell. She epitomized strength and kindness and she will be sorely missed by all who knew her. She is deeply missed. Her absence will be felt so much in the goat world. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful" - Abram L. Urban. Sonia Thyssen Woest Hoeve Nubans Love and prayers to the Campbell family. We got married at Khimaira in October, 2018 and it was the perfect day in huge part to Linda and her incredible family. So sorry to hear about Linda's passing. Linda was a wonderful human being with a beautiful soul. I can remember the look Linda gave and I wish I knew what she conveyed to Leith ("they are pretty pathetic, lets do this" is what I imagine :-) We were married Nov 19, 2016 in a thoroughly "Classy Hogwarts/Jedi" wedding. She is remembered with fond memories. She was appointed by three Secretaries of Agriculture to the USDAs National Sheep Industry Improvement Center, serving multiple terms, including as Chair, managing a multimillion-dollar budget. I was always amazed at the whirlwind that was Linda. Forever grateful for my time with the Campbell family making memories on the farm working the weddings and enjoying our farm family . Prayers trot te family. Are you sure you want to hide this widget? Leith & the Campbell Family - Im heartbroken. I admired her vastly and it hurts to realize that she will not be there at goat functions as the pandemic winds up. Her pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit helped spearhead the agritourism industry in Page County. Linda was a role model, mentor and most of all, friend. As I grew up I realized she also was always running multiple businesses and providing us with a constant example of how to be a strong woman. 70 years seemed too short but what a life she packed into that time. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Linda Campbell in Mount Pleasant, Texas, born in Detroit, Texas, who passed away on August 18, 2021 at the age of 74. She was often at the forefront of industries that would later become increasingly popular. "My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. She is also survived by her siblings: Shirley Sours Lewis of Savannah, Georgia; Gail Sours Wyatt and husband Billy Wyatt of Luray; sister Carolyn Sours Swiger of White Bluff, Tennessee; Dwayne Anthony Sours and wife Connie Seal Sours of Luray; John Vernon Sours and wife Nellie Cahoon Sours of Luray; Ernest Jackson Sours and wife Robin Miller Sours of Luray; Brenda Sours Rogers and husband Chris Rogers of Rileyville, Virginia. She made our wedding process so easy, I would instantly feel less stressed just by speaking with her. Praying for your family. Bear Funeral Home Phone: (540) 337-7188 14 Green Hill Ln., PO Box 602, Churchville, VA 24421 Thank you for being so kind. Manchester, NJ obituaries, tributes, and stories about the lives of community members. Proud to have been your cousin (in-law). She was kind, sweet and talented. Eventually, Khimaira was too small, so Linda and Leith moved the farm closer to my home near Stoney Man. A reporter once asked Linda during an interview what she enjoyed doing most. She will be missed. I never spoke to her other than email, but she was always kind and patient. Though I only had the honor of meeting her once, it was immediately apparent to me that she was a very special woman, loved and cherished by her family. Her energy was contagious. Remember the 1968 prom: Leith and Linda at point. "In the garden of life, don't forget to dance among the flowers once in a while. Linda fought cancer with grace and strength while always putting the needs of her family and friends before her own. But I am thankful to see and and know from my own experience that everyone she interacted with will have a happy and loving memory of Linda. Linda's Obituary Linda L (Ward) Campbell age 81 passed on Friday November 6, 2020. I was always impressed with her knowledge and experiences . Manchester | News | Jun 2014 May 27, 1955 to July 23, 2022. Also she was just fun to be around. My husband and I were married at the farm In 2013. May they celebrate the great memories as well as mourn their loss. Ann Phelps Shanholtz In the conservation field, Linda served 35 years on the board for the Shenandoah Valley Soil and Water Conservation District. . ". They had 2 Sheepdogs, Bufford and Chasta, and Julena would call them Buf-chaf. And we did. virginia obituary 2021. by . She will be missed. Three years later we were expecting and I reached out to Linda on a whim to see if we could stop by the farm for maternity pictures. . She was so welcoming and easy to work with and made the whole experience unforgettable. We are so saddened to hear of Linda's passing. We are fovever grateful for her. published a tribute . Stay up-to-date on event information as well as memories shared on Linda M. Campbells Tribute Wall. Like our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Manchester, New Hampshire on facebook. I met Linda back in the mid 70s after I was given a dairy goat from my grandfather for Christmas. She opened her business up to our garden club for tours. We send much love to Linda's family and loved ones. Linda was born February 24, 1939 to Harold and Alida Ward in Yankee Springs Township Barry County. player Pedro Knight. Her impact will live on through them and her grandchildren every day. In 1992, Linda was awarded the Virginia International Trade award. This is a picture from the Austin, Texas convention several years ago! Hugs and prayers to her family. In her spare time, Linda was a contributing writer for numerous national/international magazines and the author of a book The Whole Goat Catalog. The world lost a true role model for women and men alike. I could feel the love shared by this family as soon as I walked in the door. Leith and family, I am so incredibly sorry to hear of this loss. Linda truly made a lasting global impact. As a lifelong resident and engaged citizen of Page County, Linda also served on the boards of the Luray-Page County Chamber of Commerce, Shawnee Girl Scout Council, and local PTAs. What a talented, incredible woman who achieved so very much with her life. My last time to see her was at a ADGA convention where she revealed she had ALS. She was great medicine when it came to infusing the rest of us with enthusiasm for goat work. She was quick to answer, Being with my family and friends, volunteering, goat farming, singing, dancing, gardening, anything involved with creating things from cooking to carpentry, and living life to its fullest! Additionally, she served on the National Advisory Committee on Foreign Animal and Poultry Diseases Subcommittee for the National Animal Identification System, and US Sheep and Goat Board. I am sad she is gone, but she has left such an awesome legacy behind to carry on. Even in the last days of her life, she continued to work side by side with her unwaveringly supportive husband to manage the business and provide tech support. Fred And Erin Martinelli Born in East Newark, NJ, Linda grew up in North Arlington, then moved back to East Newark, she then resided in Lyndhurst for 40 years before moving to Manchester four years ago. Please know that I love you, dear Leith, and appreciate all that you have been for our Linda. She will dearly be missed and loved, forever. What a wonderful tribute to an amazing woman. rdr2 special miracle tonic pamphlet location; scholastic scope finding and using text evidence answer key; prayer to bless bread and wine for communion; uberti 1873 competition rifle; leslie browne husband; wine pairing with green chile chicken enchiladas; Select Page. I knew and remember her fondly from high school and growing up in Luray. She was 71. So sorry for your loss. Linda told me to come by the next day and she would hold it for me. I appreciated her passion for conservation and recycling decorations. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions to any of the following organizations are appreciated: Cards may be sent to the family at Khimaira Farm, 2974 Stonyman Rd, Luray VA 22835, I saw this last evening. I am grateful to have been her friend. To wrap it up, Linda was an awesome, beautiful Sister Earth back in the 70s when I knew her best. Every guest LOVED it just as much as we did. So sorry to hear of Linda's passing she was my cousin sending prayers, Just found out of Lindas passing, I am so very sorry for everyone of your losses .Her mom and my mom were sisters and they were crazy. to talk with Linda at various meetings. She will be remembered. She lived a life helping so many. She touched so many lives in a positive and inspiring way and these memories of her will live on. She is genuinely someone who shares her heart and you can feel it. Oops the visit was in 2016 and the wedding was for ~3 months later. I did not have a drivers license yet, but my folks did not care if I drove the truck 3 or so miles down the road. Linda loved working with the wedding couples and frequently said she felt she gained new children with every wedding as she welcomed them to the farm on their first visit with a hug and worked tirelessly to deliver the wedding of their dreams. She sounds like an amazing woman and so sorry to the family for your loss. The last known address for Campbell is 718 Clinton St. in Elmira. She was even known to travel with the animals on cargo planes to ensure her high standards of animal health and safety were met. Linda worked as a hairdresser for many years. You are in my thoughts and prayers. In 2013, Campbell was the first veteran in. Campbell is 35 years old. Bless Leith and family. An amazing woman - beautiful, loving, creative and inspiring to all. Mrs. Linda enjoyed her family, especially her grandchildren, her chickens and dogs, canoeing and Nascar. published a tribute . She was super awesome! Anderson & Campbell Funeral Home in Manchester Township, New Jersey, has served Manchester and Ocean County-area families since 1869. Trudy Lombard Heavenly Hooves Alpines We fell in love with her farm - so much that we came back every year on our anniversary to snap a photo. I could "just tell" she was a great person. May my friend Linda Rest in Peace. Retired Air Force Lt. Col. Linda Campbell died of cancer Friday morning at her residence in Portland's South Waterfront neighborhood. Did not know her personally, but truly love our goat website that was created and did not know all this about her! I was a long haired hippie type, but I loved the Sours family, Linda and LeithBut I always wondered why Leith did not grow his hair long, as was customary for folks during the organic gardening era of the 70s? To Leith, I am sad your life partner is gone, but you were very lucky to have had such an awesome woman to share your life. The day was magical, and we are better for having known her. Linda was a big reason that our wedding felt so special. . I worked with Linda until I left for college in August of 1979. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. I guess Gernie and I were less sensitive, and never got poison ivy as bad as Linda did. So many memories, she worked for the betterment for the dairy goat industry I worked with her to get the off label use of the Rabies vaccine for goats one of her beloved Prys Guardians came from me flown clear across the US . Prayers for all of you! She was so kind and welcoming to us on our special day and for the months leading up to it. Are you sure you want to delete this comment/tribute? You have big shoes to fill. Linda was such a wonderful soul. I truly never knew how wonderful ,and surprising my life would be until I met Linda and Leith and all the Khimaira Farm family who immediately made me feel like I had known them forever !. Linda was an amazing human. While there is no denying the positive impact her successful businesses, volunteer work, and selfless dedication to others had on the world, all of these achievements are secondary to who she was as a mother. Love to all. Sending so much love to you all. Prayers to the family during this time! Linda was born at the Air Force Base near Alamogordo, New Mexico. She seemed to always be on email to help me, day or night, including weekends. My deepest sympathy for you all, I know she will be deeply missed.