The metal cutting head is corrosion and rust resistant, and sealed for water protection, while electronic overload protection and unibody construction provide additional durability. ge^9?o`y8{@fWg6\d,h. Most of the Milwaukee products have a customer rating of 5 on Amazon. Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter Review: How I Nearly Lost My Finger Masterflow Plumbing 7.1K views 3 months ago Rant: how not to buy a PVC cutter Scott von Umlaut 376K views 9 years. The Milwaukee Close Quarters tubing cutter kit we got contains the three most commonly-used cutters used in residential plumbing: ", " and the big dog 1" cutter. User will notice the LEDs to be flashing. At first i thought it was just the 1/2 copper i was cutting but i moved up to a 3/4 piece and it reacted the same. Sponsored. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Milwaukee M12 2471-20 Cordless Copper Tubing Cutter (Tool Only) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! An onboard, real-time battery fuel gauge helps you monitor the charge precisely, so theres less downtime on the job. Remove the clip ring. Additional features include a battery fuel gauge, which displays the remaining run-time, and a built-in LED Light which illuminates the line of cut. If its broken, you can replace it with a new one. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1401 West Capitol Avenue, Suite 340 Little Rock, AR 72201-2936 To determine which request you need to make for . The Chinese electronics simply dont hold up. The cut is the same finished product as if your were manually using a copper cutter. You need to take the charger along. Ive read numerous reviews, all of which are negative. Disconnect the battery and hold it. Very quick compared to a more standard tube cutter. Milwaukee Tool Corporation introduces the industry's first M12 cordless lithium-ion copper tubing cutter, specifically designed for cutting copper with the . Sometimes, it works fine in one direction (usually the leftys' direction) but walks in the other direction. The first and most common problem that you might have to face on the Milwaukee Tubing Cutter is that the battery will not be holding a charge and you will have certain inconveniences while you are trying to make it work for any of the needs you might be having. Our M12 Copper Tubing Cutter cuts up to 10X faster than conventional cutters and gives you up to 200 cuts on a single charge thanks to ultra-efficient gearing. Rigid brand aluminium handles for me. There is also an option of replacing the keyless chuck. Only Milwaukee tools I got is the wirsbo expander tool and a hole hawg. The heat indicator utilizes REDLINK Intelligence to notify users when the tool is ready-to-use and safe-to-store, eliminating the guesswork. Gas Tubing; Impact Drivers; Impact Wrenches; Jackets; Jig Saws; Ladder Accessories; Lawn and Leaf Bags; . While he loves remodeling his house, his passion is spending time with his wife and two children. An awesome team of students from our education program made this wiki. Needless to say I am pissed and I will be giving Milwaukee a mouth full tomorrow. I have been in the professional plumbing business for over 5 years now. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. These might need to be replaced. If the trigger doesnt solve the problem for you, you will have to make it certain that you are checking on all the fuses as well, since some wire might be broken or a blown fuse could be the culprit here. Thank you for sharing this product. Now you still have to do your regular maintenance after each cut to make sure you have a good clean fit. I had got it wet cutting out a piece of 3/4" today it worked still for the rest of that job. Are you sure you dont have a defective tool? 4. Milwaukee M/2 2-Cutter SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill bits are the Most Durable 2-Cutter bits with up to 20% more holes per charge in cordless rotary hammers. Country of Origin. You might encounter some of the challenges that we have highlighted above. For res or commercial . Milwaukee 2471-20 . **** Depot had a single batt. We then went to 3/4 copper pipe and it probably only took the Cutter five more seconds to get the job done then it did cutting the 1/2 pipe! amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Hand Tools and Storage Catalog - Fall 2021. Check to make sure the battery has a good connection to the tool, cleaning out the connection area. 2471-21 Milwaukee M12 Cordless Lithium-Ion Copper Tubing Cutter. To start the diagnosis, you will need to check on the battery and terminals and ensure that the battery is properly installed and the terminals are not corroded either that can discharge the battery even while it is not in use. 2010-11-23T11:39:15-06:00 Locations; Manufacturers; Pro Portal Login . For other tools, including power saws, please check the capacitors and replace them if necessary. The stainless steel blade and aluminum jaw are impact, water and rust resistant. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Come join the discussion about the industry, safety, finishing, tools, machinery, projects, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Master technician, whatever the heck that is! M12 COPER TUBING CUTTER The first cordless clean cutting copper pipe cutter for plumbers and mechanical contractors PATENT-PENDING CUTTING MECHANISM Allows for close quarters cutting of installed copper pipe with as little as 1-1/2" clearance CUTS 10X FASTER Than conventional copper tubing cutters Than conventional copper tubing cutters I'm not a pipe fitter, and so wont comment on it's usefulness for that trade. See more Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter Tool - 12V; Share | Add to Watchlist. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Milwaukee 2471-20 M12 12V Copper Tubing Cutter - Bare Tool at the best online prices at eBay! This close quarters copper tubing cutter has a unique rotating cutting head that allows you to cut installed copper piping with as little as 1-1/2 clearance. If the light is not on, and the charger is plugged in, the charger is faulty. It doesnt jerk your arm or cause you to fight the tool at all. If it is not hot, check to make sure the battery connection is clean and replace the battery. This Copper Tubing Cutter is definitely a very nice new addition to Milwaukees M12 arsenal of tools. $149.00 + $8.95 shipping. uuid:2f652f16-12c0-4578-8152-1ce8b41d8a1f Of course, this tool will have the most utility to plumbers when a pipe is in the chain vise. VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved. Our M12 Plastic Pipe Shear can slice through 2 inch schedule 80 PVC in just 3 seconds. Free shipping for many products! With a 12V LITHIUM-ION battery and ultra efficient gearing, the Tubing Cutter performs up to 200 cuts on a single charge. The batteries can also power other Milwaukee tools. I ended up giving it to a local plumber and he uses it all the time. A bad power cord will also stop your Milwaukee tool from starting. Carbon brushes are carbon blocks that transfer current from the power source to the power tools motor. We should keep it always on the right place and stay away from children. People who viewed this item also viewed. California Proposition 65 Warning. At times, you might have full charging on the tool, yet the Tuning Cutter will not work as it is supposed to and you will be stuck with the work to be taken care of. Seems like a no brainer to me. Tool Manufacturers and Tool Brands by Logo. Our M12 Copper Tubing Cutter Kit cuts up to 10X faster than conventional cutters and gives you up to 200 cuts on a single charge thanks to ultra-efficient gearing. Is this tool really that bad? milwaukee tubing cutter problems. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs to make many effortless cuts quickly. Features M12 Copper Tubing Cutter Kit. When a Milwaukee drill is running, the bit might get loose from the chuck. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Milwaukee Brings Cordless Power To The Pipe Threading Market There are several arguments to be made in the corded vs [], Without a doubt, when it comes to comparing Milwaukee versus DeWalt, we cant help but turn to the batteries each [], This Deal Of The Day Lets You Grow Your Milwaukee Collection Mechanics, gearheads, and heavy machine operators, this ones for [], Give Your Hands A Break With The Milwaukee M12 Fuel Orbital Detail Sander Sanding by hand in hard-to-reach areas or []. Excellent on hard drawn, especially on the large thick wall pipe used for R410a and CO2. When your power tools power level becomes weak, the most likely problem is worn carbon brushes. Want more? I agree with you on that. The Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter is part of the Milwaukee cordless line and is specifically designed for cutting copper with the speed and versatility that plumbers, mechanical contractors and remodelers love to see. Milwaukee makes a wide range of tools that you can possibly get your hands on, and all you need to make sure is that you are figuring out what your needs might be. Never used one of these, but thats not good to hear. The copper tubing cutter runs at 500 RPM, giving you unmatched cutting speed and the patent-pending cutting mechanism automatically adjusts the diameter to cut Type K, L and M copper pipes from 3/8 to 1 (OD from to 1-1/8). The area needed to swing the cutter to sever the pipe is large, so its doubtful that youll have the room to do anything but prepare pipe for new installation unless the pipe just happens to be out in the open. This is the industry's first cordless battery-powered copper pipe cutter and was engineered with plumbers, mechanical contractors, and remodelers in mind. If it does not turn on it may be a problem with the battery connection. Copyright 2008-2023 Pro Tool Reviews, LLC. I bought one of these and had great expectations of it. If it is not hot, check to make sure the battery connection is clean and replace the battery. More Details 2432-20 Milwaukee M12 ProPEX Expansion Tool . Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from nearly 3 million posts. 2. Check the wiring and battery connection of the tool. Type above and press Enter to search. The Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter # 2471-22 is the ideal tool for professional jobs and projects. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Although PEX is quickly supplanting its substitutes, having a cutting that can handle all three materials sounds like a good deal. . Saves the cramps on these old hands. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. We were very excited about testing the Milwaukee Copper Tubing Cutter. The blade can also get dull and that is something that you will need to be careful about. When we launched our lineup of copper tubing cutters last year, we focused on delivering solutions that would provide the very best durability and cut performance in the industry. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; The FSMB may be contacted by phone at 817-868-4041 or via email at usmle@fsmb.org . WD-40 or some other rust removal spray will get the job done for you and after proper cleanup, you will be able to make it all work in the right manner. There are hardly any issues with it either, but a few problems that you will need to be careful about are: The first and most common problem that you might have to face on the Milwaukee Tubing Cutter is that the battery will not be holding a charge and you will have certain inconveniences while you are trying to make it work for any of the needs you might be having. In certain cases, you might notice your Milwaukee tools producing sparks. When it happens, always feel free to ask for assistance from a professional. I went to Makita for that very reasonBeen down the DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi road too many times. For safety purposes, turn off any tool experiencing a burning smell and allow it to sit for almost 30 minutes before diagnosing the problem. People who viewed this item also viewed. if corny was a part on a washing machine,,, he'd be the agitator. Been in my storage for 18-30 months. Then I get to a job tonight and it`s not working. The M12 soldering iron delivers fast application speeds by reaching operational temperature in under 18 seconds and maintaining an optimized temperature throughout the most demanding applications. A good 200+ cuts per charge. This may work fine if you are a Mr. Fixit in your home and cutting six pipes a year. View All Concrete Drilling and Chiselling, Cutting mechanisim automatically adjusts diameter to cut Type K, L and M copper pipes from 3/8 to 1, Produces more than 200 cuts in a single charge Cuts copper tubing with as little as 1-1/2" of clearance, Powerful 500-RPM motor: Cuts up to 10X faster than conventional cutters, Metal Cutting Head is corrosion and rust resistant and sealed for water protection, Electronic Overload Protetion along with uni-body construction for increased durability, Inline Design reduces wrist drain in confined spaces, Built-in LED light illuminates the lie of cut for better visibility. Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Choose a symptom to view parts that fix it. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Press Esc to cancel. If the tool isn't starting, the cause of the problem could be a large electrical issue such as a short or part malfunction. Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter Review, Milwaukee M-Spector Digital Inspection Camera Review, Southwire Extension Cord The Polar Solar Cord. Claim your free Milwaukee decal by joining HEAVY DUTY NEWS, the trusted source of new Milwaukee solutions, events, contests and more. And we make it easy! The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Despite such problems, Milwaukee tools are among the most reliable products on the market. I get about 250 cuts on a single charge. Your state board answers to elected officials. Slide out the wheel axle. amzn_assoc_linkid = "00a5cf2872f3cc190dc539ebc4683358"; User will notice a substantial amount of heat coming from the tool during operation and potentially failure of the tool while still powered on. The #1 question asked by NEW MEMBERS. Tool only (no battery): https://amzn.to/2RoXqqe Tool w/Battery & Case:. There is definitely no fighting the tool when cutting pipe! Milwaukee Tool recently announced an expansion of its tubing cutter line with the Milwaukee Quick Adjust Tubing Cutter. Compatible with all M12 batteries and chargers At 500 RPM, it cuts copper tubing up to 10X faster than conventional cutters Auto-locking mechanism Electronic overload protection and unit-body construction for durability Documents Specification Parts Warranty Use And Care Safety Data Sheet Recommended Accessories 1 - 2 of 2 items Consider purchasing a replacement charger. M12 Batteries & Chargers; M18 Batteries & Chargers; Other Batteries & Chargers; Site Lighting. If you are facing any such problems, you need to check on the trigger first as the trigger might have some gunk built upon it and could not be working. Although if someone else made a cord less band saw I my have gone with a different brand but it just one tool I have to have . My wife bought me a multi x 2 x mas ago and since then i have bought two drill and a saw saw and all batts still working hard knock on wood. When it comes to shutting down the water in a commercial building, timing is everything, so we wanted to put this tool to the test. About the Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter. Tools . Free shipping for many products! Replacing the tried and true, time-intensive process of pipe cutting. Carbon brushes are known to wear out with time, especially if the tool is used regularly. Their tubing cutter is one such tool that is cordless and you get to enjoy a perfect experience with the durability, handling, and portability with it at the same time while cutting the tubes for any wiring, plumbing, or other needs you might be having. (since i was 14) and i have used the traditional copper cutters since then. Additionally, tool owners at Thegaragejournal praise the company for its reputation in supplying high-quality power and hand tools. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. User will notice the tool does not turn when the switch is pressed. ).Check out this video for more details.Thanks for watching!Some photos are my own, others I got from Google search, no associations found.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.#milwaukeetools#m12fuel#contractorspov The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Join our newsletter and get the latest tool reviews every week! 23171603. Remove the cutting wheel. A good 200+ cuts per charge. I've beat that thing for the last yr and no problems . Weve continued to deliver on that promise by enhancing the breadth of our line with options for the majority of tubing sizes our users encounter; from adjustableMiniand Constant Swing Copper Tubing Cuttersto compactClose Quarters Tubing Cutters. This article suggests guidelines for power tool care and maintenance. Milwaukee M12 Force Logic Press Tool Testing The first job we tested it out on was a 3-story, residential unit with a commercial space on the second floor. Our M12 Copper Tubing Cutter cuts up to 10X faster than conventional cutters and gives you up to 200 cuts on a single charge thanks to ultra-efficient gearing. Remove the battery pack. 2023 UpHomely by ISEE PUBLISHING STUDIO. . Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. We were unable to add your email to our mailing list. When we used it on our bathroom job, we saw first hand how powerful and handy this little tool can be. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. In todays world of Internet news and online content, we found that more and more professionals researched a large majority of their major power tool purchases online. Whats the Difference Between Master and Journeyman Electricians? 2471-21 M12 Copper Tubing Cutter 2471-21 M12 Copper Tubing Cutter. 5. Milwaukee 48-38-0010 M12 Copper Tubing Cutter Wheels (2-Pack) 5.0 (1) Milwaukee M12 Cordless Copper Tubing Cutter, No Charger, No Battery, Bare Tool Only No reviews Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Cordless PVC Shear (2470-20) (Power Tool Only - Battery, Charger and Accessories Sold Separately) 4.7 (580) $18499$234.00 FREE delivery Thu, Mar 9 If you are doing a lot of pipe work, its a must-have tool for your kit! Needless to say I am pissed and I will be giving Milwaukee a mouth full tomorrow. Agree with above, my hole hawg is the only Milwaukee tool I own, it's what they specialize in. RULES for AOP - Owner Assistance and Contractors, Energy Efficiency and Building Performance Discussion NEW, Carnak Zone/Locked Areas - For Professional Member Only, How To Become a Pro and Rules For Pro Members, Pro Forum: Refrigerants and EPA regulations **NEW, Pro Forum: Residential Refrigeration and Appliances **NEW, Pro Forum: Equipment Recalls and Bulletins **NEW, Pro's Forum: Building Science Discussions, Educational Forums - Open for all in the industry, Welcome to HVAC-Talk's Educational Forums, How to Submit Links, Articles and Quiz Questions, Frequently Asked Questions About Submissions, Physics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow and Combustion, Educational, Training & Reference Information, Manufacturer's Technical Information Links, Electrical Theory, Circuits and Electronics, HVACR Equipment, Components & Accessories, Accessories Humidifiers, Air Cleaners, HRUs, Fans, Filters, etc. My small, light, cheap (almost disposable) cutters take 10 seconds to cut the pipe. It looks like a black button allows the shaft of the cutting wheel to move up and down for the macro-adjustment, and a large knob on the end of the shaft provides the micro-adjustment needed during the cut. this continues to give me problems with my flares,,, it cause's the cut to be out of square and then the bell of the flare is not equal all the way around, i hope i explained my problem clearly,,, would you have any suggestions for my to try? Electronic overload protection and uni-body construction provide exceptional durability. You could end up having to return it to service every time you need a new cutting wheel! I bought one of the Milwaukee copper tubing cutters last week I liked ot at first but the piece of sh** is already broken. One person found this helpful Helpful I often say that life is too short for Chinese (or cast iron) pipe wrenchs. To successfully replace the chuck, follow this guide. Ensure the tool for operations different from those intended liquids, gases or dust. If the rotary tool is making unusual sounds when running, and those sounds intensify when a load is applied, you may have worn down gears. The MILWAUKEE M12 Copper Tubing Cutter is the industry's first cordless unit, cutting up to 10X faster than conventional tubing cutters. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Milwaukee 2471-20 M12 12V Copper Tubing Cutter - Bare Tool New in Box at the best online prices at eBay! For instance, in the case of a drill, it might be due to sawdust. Another tip for squealing tools is to check their gears. M12 CORDLESS COPPER TUBING CUTTER COUPE-TUBES POUR TUBES DE CUIVRE M12 CORTADORA DE TUBOS DE COBRE DE M12 2 3 . "Love the flexibility of the app to add everything in the home and garage. :"9#)R[#OP{(vIXh?f/~ui*[x|XEdWeUe~YGOgf!lv(`B0&2aa0!-xGJz_}6}O_8}C&2g$%q^{Y=mcCH.eo@saO],+y]E^3@KdFX"-kHf0Nd_y1E&"z{UuQ) The variable flute . Unfortunately soon that will be worth as little as the sixteen tools we throw in the garbage. The Milwaukee M12 Copper Tubing Cutter cuts similar to a hand held cutter but is ten times faster! The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". One area that the company stands out is with the hand and power tools. 3 Known Milwaukee M18 Fuel Impact Driver Trigger Problems, 10 Common Milwaukee M18 Fuel 6-1/2 Circular Saw Problems (Troubleshooting), 3 Ways To Fix DeWalt Impact Driver Trigger Problems, 6 Most Common Milwaukee Hackzall Problems, 3 Common Milwaukee M18 Battery Problems Troubleshooting. He liked the fact that this not only saved a lot of time and energy, but it could get into tight spots. Another nice feature to mention when reviewing this tool is that after cutting all the different copperpipe, the edges on the cut pipes were always very smooth, no burrs at all. 80 0 obj <> endobj 119 0 obj <>stream When you buy a Milwaukee tool, you might encounter some challenges.