Let him sell it. After comparing all technical specifications and driving both cars it turned out that the Hyundai had every bell and whistle that the Cadillac did and drove and rode just as well. January 29. I think sometimes people are predisposed to profile others based on their own preconceived notions, and it is a shame that they would take the time to denigrate, and insult a group of people they know nothing whatsoever about. They are heavier and more powerful than most semi-trucks! The interior of the Newell Coach is not fancy or glitzy, which can give a luxurious appearance. 04-27-2012, 11:18 AM motorhomeguy. That is an amazing talent to know what other people are thinking. Keep in Mind: Do you know whichvolt RV battery is best? It looks immaculate from all the pics we have seen. The reasonong, per Newmar, is the slide-outs are installed when the coach is at . Airbags are the component of the air suspension system that provides a smoother and more comfortable ride on bumpy roads. The engine begins stalling at around the 4th gear. What do you know about telescoping ladders? This coach has obviously been well maintained and it shows, replacement value would probably be leaning toward $750K. From what I've read on this forum and been told they are only expensive if you let someone else do the work. The seller needs to look at an rv for sale site, and learn how to write an ad. I admit to really wanting a motor home to tow my racing car to events and this one fills the bill (but my racing budget is too small to accommodate it, unfortunately). After comparing all technical specifications and driving both cars it turned out that the Hyundai had every bell and whistle that the Cadillac did and drove and rode just as well, not to mention being about $30,000 less. JavaScript is disabled. Re: 1989 Newell Motor coach. Getting in and out is telling me do not gain another pound. Heres a tip on finding the leak: They are mainly found in the high-pressure area of the air system. I certainly dont see filthy disgusting carpets that indicate this is coach has had no care. I happened to read the OP's post before it was edited and can honestly say I was shocked that a mature individual would post such insulting names and comments about a group of people he has no information about. Sold new for $1,200,000 and asking for $475,000. After racing around the country a couple times most FT settle down and only put 5-7K miles per year on their rigs so any high end DP should be good 200K miles or 25+ years without any major problems. WHEN we move up from our 2012 40' Motorhome we WILL NOT even look at the Newell line strictly because of their customers self-centered, self-righteous attitude. Newell Era Over; Let Fallout Begin - The Oklahoman Keep Your Daydream got to see several different options of Newell's custom-made coaches. Five players either decided not to return or were asked not to. Your next trip could set the standard for all future travel if done in a Newell. There is no point in arguing about who ignored you, or what exactly happened. But to me, and my tastes, on the inside, they are too much glitz and glamor, too ostentatious. You can fix the issue by hiring a mechanic for servicing and deep washing after every trip. I have a near 20 year old Rexhall 35BSL ..(a bottom dweller in the motorhome hierarchy) and it's fine, nothing really ever goes wrong that can't be be fixed with a screwdriver. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[468,60],'camperask_com-box-3','ezslot_5',101,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-camperask_com-box-3-0');After being in business for 50 years, Newell Coaches are still rolling! Newell sold his namesake to Chuck and Letty Goldenberg in 1973 when his health began to wane. It took me about 30 minutes in a car park to understand the quirks and capabilities of these machines, and I was tackling narrow suburban streets later that day. 12 years of owning a Pre owned Newell Coach Owner Review It may not display this or other websites correctly. A while back I faced a choice between a Cadillac sedan and a Hyundai Azera (I had a Cadilac STS at the time). IMHO, and from my personal experience, believe when you buy anything used, you need to be prepared. Cracked windshields, water pump leaking, dirty roof surface, radiator issue, seal rupturing, foggy windows, and power steering leakage are the 7 7 most common Western, Read More 7 Western Alpine Coach Problems You Should KnowContinue, Imagine you turn the thermostat dial of your RV, anticipating a burst of warm air, but nothing happens. I was okay once I got in there, but getting out sucked. Happy camping to all, like the old saying---you win some, you lose some and some get rained out. Because of the year its probably a detroit 8v known for leaking more oil than they burn. John Chaves - Sr Manager, PMO Leader at Newell Brands - LinkedIn torque max. I profusely apologize if you did not get the courtesy of a response from any of our gang. (This post was last modified: 06-22-2021, 06:55 AM by. It is just that you can buy a second-hand RV. Also at this resort, were several Prevost motorHome owners there enjoying South Dakota's beautiful surroundings as were we. Its listed for sale here in our Barn Finds Classifieds for $40,000 and is located in Taylor, Missouri. Some very good friends live full time in a '96 Newell with almost 200k miles (powered by CAT). Save BIG w/ (14) RV Trader verified discount codes & storewide coupon codes. Thanks for the feedback!! if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,600],'barnfinds_com-leader-1','ezslot_11',149,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-leader-1-0'); 40K for an 80s time warp motorhome with unknown mileage, transmission, and engine specs! There are different ways to get better information direction from our drivetrain. I offer exceptional skills in program management, resource management, budgeting, and financial forecasting. As stated first impressions may not be what they appear to be. An issue in selling aging motor homes is there is little to no financing available. I would think that a new cornerstone is going to have all kinds of bugs to work out. Newell is gone, but ramifications remain. recreational vehicles. Newell coach - iRV2 Forums The blistering and surface scraping of the urethane coat because of sun exposure. Or subscribe without commenting. Reasons and Solutions, Most Common Problems with Forest River Travel Trailers, Most Common Problems with Entegra Qwest (Solution Added), Most Common Problems with Thor Motorhome (Solution Added), 7 Most Common Problems with Montana High Country, Common Problems with Entegra RV and Solutions. Do not use this link to ask for help with RV-related issues; Ask those questions in one of our forums. 24 Year Old Newell: My First "Major" Problem! (And How I Fixed It) He earned . There are no issues or problems to note, and the occupants will benefit from air conditioning on warmer days. Whether or not to buy an 8 or 10-year-old coach is a good choice is a question. Please don't reduce people you don't know to a cliche.I think, based on the tone of your reply, you are a way better man than that. Sales 918.542.3344 Or Email Us. They dont sell as much as the camper.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'camperask_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_12',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-camperask_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'camperask_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_13',106,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-camperask_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1'); .large-leaderboard-2-multi-106{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:15px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:15px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:250px;min-width:250px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}. often a new owner doesnt have it or prospective owners would like to have them. Moreover, the parts are costly but do not last long because of the weight of the RV. There are several aspects of Newell coaches that make them stand alone. They recognized the new rear engine coaches were the wave of the future and wanted to be a part of this new innovation. engine torque rating. I would further think that the newell is much better built from the ground up. On at least 5 occasions, I was eyeball to eyeball with several Newell Owners and they EACH turned away after I made the typical, "Good Morning", How you doing?" Although there arent enough large storage compartments, this allows for more interior room. Please. It is low-quality steel material that can easily react with the oxygen in the environment and produce cracked marks with brown color on the frames surface. Newell quits basketball coaching position at UA-Monticello Sadly, Newell's three-year rampage in Beaumont, Texas, could affect the futures of Mike Anderson and Tommy Tubbs, two men who plan to apply for Lamar's vacant coaching job. figured we should have a dedicated place for them. Its color combination of red, silver, and black is striking, and the paint appears to be in excellent condition. If someone else was driving, I wonder how well one could sleep with the sound of that diesel more or less right under them? Login Problems. If you are not oriented toward doing some tracking down of air leaks and depend on Newell to do it for you, that could cost you more than a thousand dollars a year. Combine a strong business acumen with data . There are not that many Newells so when we see another one we get excited and want to know who it is. 1026 talking about this. Make your own judgements from there. If you have difficulty registering an account, logging in or need other account-related assistance, send us a message and well get back to you shortly. Going by the phone number its Larry Brown Collector Cars of Taylor, MO. We are not snobs, some of us are full timing, some part timing, some just take a trip occasionally. You are not logged in or registered. 1.4. You are using an out of date browser. Like rusting and corrosion, this issue is also rare but it does come up. Another wanted dividers in the kitchen drawers. The kitchen features an oven, a microwave, a fridge, and more cupboard space than you can poke a stick at. At one time I had the same impression this gentleman has, but about Prevost owners, but once I actually spent time talking with them I found out they were just like everyone else. Well, some parts are difficult to find while others are not. L.K. There have been plenty of complaints made about it. For the past two and a half years I have been looking at, and studying the option of buying a pre-owned Prevost or Newell and have talked to countless people that own them and can't recall anyone ever talking negatively about them with one exception. Share. You cannot patch the holes in the airbags, and it is necessary to replace them for safe driving. Keep in Mind: Do you know what a class a motorhome is? It depends on the age and condition of the coach, and how handy you are with a wrench. Most have elaborate computer system integration of TV, shades, lights, stereos, climate control and these systems can get very costly. All the answers can be found in the Newell Coach problems I discuss below. If youre going to lead a life of adventure, theres no need to rough it if there is an alternative. However I am sure the community here would have some input as to good mobile repair people wherever the person is. You cannot completely stop this procedure because it can originate from hidden corners. I . Some basement A/C units couldnt be repaired since owners couldnt get replacement parts (as reported by them). Hopefully you take the time to register and become a guru on our wonderful Newell Coaches. If you drove a cab over truck as a team driver you can sleep. Common Problems with Cruiser RV Fun Finder, Common Problems with Montana High Country. Reasons and SolutionsContinue, Common Problems with Newell Coach and the Solutions. What they think they are selling is not what a real buyer is looking to buy. Half of these people act like rabid d*cks. The video for this Chapter follows this colorful story of my introduction to Newell Coach and my trip to Miami, OK and includes driving footage. Tough crowd here a few months back, but good luck to you and your friend, Larry! If you are looking for ultimate mechanical capability Newell all the way. I agree about the glitz, and you're right - that's just a personal issue for many of us. These diesel engines are good for a milion miles in vehicles that are driven regularly but sadly the motorhomes are not driven as much and i have seen many major failures at much less miles post. Here are the highest owner-rated Diesel Pushers on the market today enjoy! Until the late 1970s, most of these vehicles were based on buses and coaches that featured a front-engine, but Newells could see a better way forward. There is a Newell website, for buying and selling vintage Newell vehicles. Maybe we can get him to educate us on the evolution of the Newell and when what things happened or started to appear. 2018 Coach House Platinum 271XL FR. You cannot do the service and washing procedure at home because it can damage the steel frame or the electric component. Take a step back in time when premium luxury coaches were built to last. Despite all the negativity in comments here, I think somebody that can appreciate this coach will be very happy with their purchase. Thanks to Newell Coach for sponsoring this video!NewellCoach.comNewell Coach Youtube channel- @Newell Coach Newell Coach test drive- https://youtu.be/1N35. most places that say they are big rig friendly are not ready for a giganto Newell to show up. Does the RV Airflow System Actually Work? I met with the folks from Newell at their Miami, Oklahoma plant several years ago when we were looking for a vendor to build special medical units for our company. These have coils and struts for absorption of road impacts instead of airbags. Driving the $1.56M Newell P2000i RV - Car and Driver Nothing can drain them if the switch disconnects them. Too dang hot here in Texas. Performance Diesel (PDI) Intake/Exhaust Upgrades!! Windshield Replacement on Newell 1971 Coach. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Maybe the coach was a consignment and the sales guy didnt get as much commission? The generator's cooling system is external to that. The exquisite woodwork on the coaches is legendary. Rick Green - Manager, Customer Strategic Planning - LinkedIn Most Common Open Range RV Problems are included poor brake performance, rust-prone hardware, poor plumbing, and cheap interiors that break easily are a few common, Read More Most Common Open Range RV Problems and Their SolutionsContinue, The production of Beaver Motorhomes has been closed since 2009. we love to hear about it. this can really help us all. Users report finding the air system to be completely down. Owners are encouraged to bring their motorhomes to Miami for yearly service work. These are battery malfunctioning, slide-out weld breaking, windshield cracking, water leaking, and some others. We pair innovative design and engineering with uncompromising craftsmanship, and back it all up with the best customer service in the industry. I would further think that the newell is much better built from the ground up. Each is created to the exact specifications of its new owner, utilizing high-quality, durable products from partner companies like Garrett Leather and Villa International. Common problems with the Newell coach include a rusty frame, damaged spray paint, poor description, the soft floor near the entry door, and sun blistering on the roof surface. Newells were very well-built stand the test of time a whole lot better the other standard issue motorhome of the day. Share your fulltiming experiences with us all. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette3 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III5 days$3,000Bid Now, 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window8 days$5,000Bid Now. Encounters of the RVF Kind - Member Sightings, Fifth Wheel, Travel Trailer, Toy Hauler, Campers, RV Tech: Cellular, Internet, SAT, Audio/Visual, Maintenance, Service, Winterizing, and RV Storage, Clubs, Memberships, Insurance, Warranties, External BLOGS, Forum Posts, YouTube videos, Camping Activities, Sports, Recreation, Hobbies, Cooking, Grilling, Recipes, Eating, Drinking, RVForums.com Premium Parks Map Discussion. If you face login issues and start receiving notifications regarding the connection, you should change your router, or else you will keep facing the problem and have limited . I've been to the factory and it is very impressive. The ignition circuit solenoid located in the passenger footwell may also be the reason. It also means that you will be undertaking these adventures with all of the comforts of home at your fingertips. please tell us about you and your coach or desire for a coach. I approached this with some trepidation but was amazed by how easy they are to maneuver. However, Newell has hundreds of registered service providers around the country. It is a costly procedure but protects the other parts from damage. Arizona Luxury Coach, LLC . Its covered on the outside by body panels and on the inside by five-eights-inch plywood. They do offer used coaches taken as trade-ins, and those prices start consistently around $1,500,000. Find this portion and check for leaks. But next week I will be in the Black Hills area camping in some campground with my wife in a 2 man tent. You can resolve the problem by replacing the damaged subfloors. The entry doors are in the middle of the motorhomes to reduce the generator noise in the inner cabin. This coach was not described correctly, it had extensive damage to it on both the interior and exterior. Newell declares on their website that by buying a used machine from them, less than 8 years old, only a 24-month warranty is offered. Yes, I to like the Cummins/Allison combination for so many reasons. Or maybe you can give others some advice? They (Prevost Owners) were down-to-earth and actually WAVED at everyone. Slide-Out Operation -- Newmar Guidance - FMCA RV Forums Bluebird does make school Busses I have seen plenty. After a lifetime of driving mainly family sedans, station wagons, and pickups, I drove my first 41-foot passenger coach when I was 50-years-old. I was looking at a 2010 Newell or Prevost but I didn't like the windshield. If not for that one thing I would have bought the coach. Explore content previously published in Trailer Life Magazine and Motor Home . Even for those with Pre-DDEC systems or other engines. Check the CCC (cargo carrying Capacity) in the mid year 2000 coaches. Slatton's book, written in 2006. I think there's some very nice used Newells and Prevost available, my biggest concern is the Detroit Diesel. And How to Do it Legally. Step 3: Create port forwards. Put in new batteries and leave the ground cable off. The potential cost of repairs, though, is a bit daunting. Length 45. It doesn't have any slides which is kinda appealing to me. As we complete our tour of the west I will look for you in every park and try to reach out and make your friendship. Larry, Every coach builder had systems that the specific implementation is proprietary. Hi, my name is Robert and I am a truck driver. In this video, I interview Karl Blade, president of Newell Coach about the future and history of Newell Coach. If I am spending $40k you can bet I will ask for more info and if not forthcoming then the seller will not earn the money. Let the friend sell it. It is better not to rely on pictures and make the decision after seeing the pictorial presentation. NEWELL SCHOOL | Periodic Maintenance Tips, Video on Proper Slide Operations - Watch Out. There is no system on a Newell that a top level shop can't fix. If traveling the country in comfort and luxury is your dream and money is not a problem, you couldnt find a better motorcoach than Newell. Why in the world would the seller not include that information? Other manufacturers use a passenger bus chassis and revamp the interior to create a motorhome. . We had an open house for our 1982 Newell, and lost track of the late model Newell owners who came by "ooohing and awwwing" at our humble abode. The control solenoid valve will be near the cylinder that opens and closes the door. Let's put this to bead. Sheesh! From its beginnings in 1967, Newell Coach has changed hands as it grew. The original P50 model launched in 2017 and it keeps getting better. Stiff, solid, well built and far more luxurious.