." 3. Mary, Mother of God, I choose you as my model of Eucharistic devotion. "Behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call His name Jesus. Mercy is your special work in this drama of human life. You had a Heart of love from which in the course of time was to be formed the Sacred Heart of the loving Christ. Mary, My Mother, to conceal the miraculous conception and birth of His Divine Son, the Eternal Father inspired Joseph to marry you before the annunciation by the archangel Gabriel. Your Assumption was for you not only the crowning of a holy life, but also a cause of joy and triumph for the human race. Intense love for the Infinite God withdrew your soul from this earthly life, and caused you death. You were indeed two of one heart and one soul. In the spirit of loving confidence we have recourse to you. To the Church suffering you bring consolation, relief, deliverance, to the Church militant you offer aid, confidence, victory. The Feast of Our Lady of Palestine was established in 1927 by the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, . He found joy in God, His Heavenly Father, and in the Holy Spirit, joy in all the wonderful perfections of God. You called yourself the servant of Him who for thirty years would be subject to you. For He was everything to you, and all else was nothing without Him. You often discussed the coming of the Messias, since you knew He would be of your race and family. These chains are chains of salvation for me, and they will make me enjoy in death that blessed peace which will be-the beginning of my eternal peace and rest. No creature in the world has been more exalted than you, because no creature in the world has ever humbled himself more. Our Lady of Vladimir - Roman Catholic Saints May I have more of their love for you so that I may experience more of their joy in being devoted to you. You were one of us, and yet you stood above us! As the body of your Divine Son was preserved from the corruption of the grave, so you, from whom He took flesh, were also free from the power of earthly decay. You knew that thousands even of His faithful followers throughout the world would turn from Him and would make His coming the occasion of their eternal ruin. I wish to attend Holy Mass, receive Holy Communion, and visit Jesus in the tabernacle in union with you, in the spirit in which you yourself did so. Bless the people of the Americas, citizens of those lands to which uncounted thousands have come to seek refuge and livelihood. As Eve induced Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit which brought death upon us, so you prompt us to eat the Bread which gives us life. Not only were you full of grace, but you also bore the Author of grace. In union with you may my heart yield itself up to childlike confidence in Jesus so that the graces of His Nativity may be brought to my soul in abundance, and He may be born anew within my heart. Mary, My Mother, you were laying the foundation of that hidden life in which by the practice of the highest virtues, you were to reach that sublime degree of holiness to which you were predestined as Mother of the Son of God and Mother of all the souls for whom He was to die. Mary, My Mother, I thank you for having suffered and wept for love of me that you might become my consolation in affliction. Amen. Joachim was of the royal house of David, and Anne of the priestly family of Aaron. 2. You were dressed in your finest clothes and surrounded by your friends as you joined the procession by the light of lamps and the sound of music. You offered Him on the altar of the Crossthe future Eucharistic Christin perfect adoration to the insulted majesty of God, in thanksgiving for all the blessings showered on mankind; in reparation for our sins and in petition for sinners. Mary, My Mother, your intercession is all-powerful. The words of Simeon were then fulfilled. Your holiness was due to this Spirit of Love, to Whose guidance you abandoned yourself. 2. Your Heart is pure and spotless because sanctified beyond all other hearts by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, making it worthy to be the dwelling-place of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Do not forsake me sweet Mother of Sorrows, because you are my spiritual Mother. Feast, January 23 (Triduum, January 20-22). This feast day was approved by the Holy See in 1933 and is celebrated every October 25. GLADE PARK, Colorado (Catholic Online) - The feast dedicated to "Our Lady of the Rosary" was instituted by Pope Pius V. It was to commemorate the anniversary of the defeat of the Turkish fleet at the battle of Lepanto on the first Sunday in October 1571. Paul Haffner ( Inside the Vatican, September 2004) This feast is. His mother named him after the great St. Francis of Assisi. I firmly believe that He will hear my prayer also, if this should be the Will of God. We will list that feast and give as much information as is available about that feastday. In the past you have expressed your willingness to help and made your requests in your personal apparitions. Through you I hope to reach the heavenly Kingdom. Blessed Mother, teach me humility. 1. Responsorial Psalm Ps 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8. If you receive me under your care, I shall fear nothing because devotion to you is an unfailing sign of salvation. We all rejoice because all the graces and spiritual benefits we have received and shall receive, all our future glory comes from this exalted mystery of the Incarnation. The Woman is a striking image of you, the Immaculate Conception. Our Lady of Lourdes, We pray to you especially for our own conversion and that of all sinners. In heaven all your subjects are crowned by the King of kings, and they pay homage to you. From that time forward until His Ascension into Heaven, you were the constant adorer of the Word-made-Flesh in all the mysteries of His earthly life. R. (1b) Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord! Jesus did this in union with you. You have commanded that your precepts. Within your humble home in the little town of Nazareth, the Holy Spirit willed to perform a miracle that was the masterpiece of infinite powerthe Incarnation of the Son of God. Mary, My Mother, more courageous than the martyrs, you stood at the foot of the cross. At the very beginning of His public ministry, you observed the hatred and jealousy of His enemies and the false accusations which would bring about His death. 3. The Holy Spirit would work in you the greatest work of His omnipotence, "The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee." Our Lady of Good Counsel, I beg you to teach me true heavenly wisdom which was the source of every good deed you performed. Help those of our faith to throw themselves at the feet of a priest and confess their sins and ask pardon for them. From Him there flowed heavenwards an unceasing stream of glory, the waves of His grace ever poured over the earth. How often has mortal sin, destroying in me the beautiful image of the Blessed Trinity, brought death to my soul, delivered me to God's wrath and condemned me to everlasting hell-fire! I know that He wants you ever to be my Mother of Perpetual Help so that the graces He has merited for me may effect the salvation of my soul. Only childlike humility entitles me to the first place in God's estimation and consequently, in heaven also. Attentive to the voice of the Holy Spirit, you diligently gathered up all His lessons, preserving them in your soul with zealous care. 1. I ask this with special earnestness from you who are the Health of the Sick. Holy Cards will continue to be added as our collections align with Feast Days of the Saints in our collection. Advise me what to do. Heaven and earth shall perish before you are seen to abandon the miserable who pray to you sincerely. As you were the Mother of Jesus in the Incarnation, when He assumed a physical Body, so also you are the Mother of Jesus in His Mystical Body, and of all those who, as members of that Body, are the brothers and sisters of Christ by Divine adoption. You have entered into the highest state of power and glory in Heaven in order that you may help us in our journey through so many dangers to the kingdom of Heaven. May the infirmities of my soul be my chief concern. Down through the ages numberless people have recovered health of body and of spirit through your intercession! They then left a small offering of silver required by the Law of Moses. Mary, My Mother, I have every reason to honor you under the title of Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, because you have given me the Eucharistic Christ. Above all, I beg of you to secure for me in the our of death the grace of final perseverance: that triumphant grace which crowns the measure of God's rifts here below and which is followed by the possession of God in heaven. May the love and peace and happiness of your Holy Family reign in the Christian families of all times. Your birth was a miracle of the power of God because both of your parents were far advanced in years. They roamed about in the darkness of sin and despair. How wonderful, then, He must be in the Mother of the Saint of saints! Mary, My Mother, though your body was separated from your soul in death, your soul was reunited in your incorrupt body, and you were taken up into heaven by angels. 2. Your part in distributing God's grace is a result of the part you played in obtaining it. Gazing sorrowfully on His lifeless body, you watched the soldier drive the spear into His Heart. As the dawn precedes and announces the coming of the sun, makes the darkness of the night disappear, consoles the sick and rejoices all nature, so you went before and announced Jesus, "The Sun of Justice," who made the darkness of the world disappear by the light of His Gospel, consoled and cured the sick in soul and body and brought an abundance of graces and blessings to the whole world. the seven dolors devotion approved by pope pius vii in 1815 view banner image of our lady of sorrows without the frame the feast day of the seven dolors is traditionally either the friday of passion week, which is the friday before good friday, or more generally on september 15, the official date for the feast. It affords Jesus the joy of rewarding you who, with Him, suffered so much for men. You, who were yourself the Queen of Prophets, saw that from that moment "the sword of sorrow" would enter your soul and remain there during the rest of your days. Help me to become a child in your school. As Mother of God you surpass, in an immeasurable degree, all other creatures, angels and men. It was a life of concealment, and yet Jesus is infinite, the light of the angels and of the whole world. Turin Our Lady of Consolation, Turin This icon was presented to the city of Turin. You were borne aloft to the palace of your Beloved. Crush the evil which strives to destroy all that is Catholic, all that is Christian, all that is civilized. I consecrate myself entirely to your Immaculate Heart. Prayer to Our Lady of Sorrows | Salt + Light Media It is Mary's selfless act of letting her son be sacrificed for our salvation that makes her the Queen of martyrs. Your Heart remained spotless as a lily, and you are, therefore, justly called the "Queen of Virgins. The Heart of Jesus was a pure Heart, symbolized by the light that St. Margaret Mary saw streaming round it. You brought Him into the world that He might be King, according to the words of the archangel: "And of His kingdom there shall be no end." You were beautiful when you stood as the brave Queen of Martyrs beneath the cross of your dying Son; in the supper room beneath the fiery tongues of the Divine Spirit; beautiful, above all, in the glory in which you reign with Jesus. Our Lady of Compassion Our Lady of Compassion (Nuestra Senora de la Piedad) The convent of Our Lady of La Piedad dates back to the year 1595. At your request He worked the first miracle of His public life. Many parishes, in addition to having a special feast day Mass, also host a reception or party in honor of the day. The foundation of this doctrine is to be found in Sacred Scripture where we are taught that God, the Creator of all things, after the sad fall of Adam, addressed the serpent in words which the Church applies to you, "I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed; she shall crush thy head" (Gen. 3.15). The Feasts of Our Lady Note: Only Universal Feasts have the Month cited with each Feast; Local Feasts, etc., are cited by date within each month, unless the particular Local Feast begins a month. This country and every country in North and South America, is born "under God," and under the mantle of Holy Mary, every nation and every person under her . Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Online Saints & Angels Facts Feastday: December 12 Patron: of the Americas Author and Publisher - Catholic Online Printable Catholic Saints PDFs Shop Our Lady of Guadalupe An elder Mexican man makes his way to Mass in the early morning twilight of December 9, 1531. On the appointed day, at nightfall, accompanied by friends, he went in procession to your parents' house, to conduct you to his own home. Enlighten the beginning of my efforts, direct my progress, bring my completed work to perfection. As you are powerful to obtain and provide, you are merciful to pardon. Mary, Mother of God, as Mediatrix of All Graces you have entered into the highest state of power and glory in heaven in order that you may help us on our difficult journey to the heavenly City of God. Though a creature, you gave birth to the Creator. With sincere contrition for my sins I cry to you for help. I may address myself to the saints for favors of various kinds, but my prayer must always pass through your hands if it is to reach the throne of grace and draw down the divine blessing. The climax of that sorrow came when the innocent Victim for the sins of mankind was given, dead, into your arms. While no gift is bestowed on us by God except in virtue of the Passion and death of your divine Son, the Precious Blood and the sacred wounds of Jesus are presented to God by you. Our Lady of Sorrows - Wikipedia Mary, My Mother, your power as Mother of Divine Providence is indeed as great as your compassion and willingness to help. I beg you to take care of me for I am a poor sinful child. You became the treasurer of God's graces, the channel through which He dispenses His gifts upon earth. Our Lady of Palestine stands watch over the land where she - Aleteia 2. And when the days of my earthly pilgrimage are over, according to God's holy will, grant that my soul may obtain the glory of heaven, through the merits of Christ and through your intercession. I know that much will be required from those to whom much is given. This thought wonderfully strengthens my confidence in you, Help of Christians. You appeared as the Woman of the Apocalypse, clothed with the sun, standing on the moon. When I address the Almighty, I am frequently fearful because of my sinfulness in the presence of His infinite majesty and holiness. The child in the womb of Elizabeth was sanctified and exulted for joy at the presence of Jesus. Never did a mother love her son as you loved Jesus; and so never did a mother share in her son's agony so deeply as you shared the Passion. Scarcely had you greeted your aged cousin, when mother and son felt at once the sanctifying effects of your loving presence. Grant that all these, men and women alike, may be freed from sin, to repose on His Heart of merciful love. Our Lady is not looking at Jesus, but rather to us, to express compassion for us in our fears and sorrows. He was with you not only by His sanctifying grace, making you pleasing in His sight, as He is present with all the just. Don Jos's actions made me think of another passage, this time from the Gospel of Luke ( 10:29-37 ). The Annunciation Of The Blessed Virgin Mary. You are the spotless tabernacle, the earthly resting-place prepared for the Son of God, hence the Church pays loving respect to your Immaculate Heart. I promise to devote myself wholeheartedly to the spreading of devotion to your Immaculate Heart so that the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart may come and He may reign with you in my heart and in the hearts of all men. After Almighty God and the Sacred Humanity of Jesus, there is no being so great as you. In fallen man there is, as Saint John reminds us, "the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life" (1 John 2, 16). You offered to the Father in Heaven the Body and Blood of the Lamb you bore and sacrificed Him with the knife of your will on the altar of your heart. You possessed, according to the words of the Archangel, such a fullness of grace that you were worthy to become the Mother of God. Mary, My Mother, you were never without grace. COLUMN: Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes: World Day of the Sick--2/7/2021. I am in need of forgiveness of sin, of strength in temptation. Teach me to desire ardently all that is pleasing to God, to seek after it prudently, to accept it truthfully and to do it perfectly, for the praise and glory of God. Though the designs of God were unknown to you, you, nevertheless, detached your heart from the world in order to give all your love to God. When you heard Jesus utter these words and saw Him bow His head and die, you died a spiritual death. The suffering of Jesus in His dereliction was the most difficult test of your faith. For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, I see you in Bethlehem lovingly pressing to your heart your Child, your God, the future Eucharistic Christ. Excerpted from Our Lady of Sorrows by Fr. Mother Teresa once laid out a simple path for everyone, leading from silence to peace. Saturday of the First Week of Lent - Society of the Little Flower Thanks to you, the grace and the sanctifying gifts of the Holy Spirit are scattered abroad over the Church and its members. Petition God that their hope may never fail amid the troubles and the cares of this life. I need an advocate with God, and therefore I turn to you, the Mother of God. Our Lady of Guadalupe | Loyola Press Your heart beat in unison with His Heart. Mary, My Mother, through your divine maternity you procure for the three divine Persons a new and singular glory. 3. Mary, Mother of God, the miracle of the Marriage feast of Cana shows that you are the Mother of Divine Providence. As Mother of the spiritual and heavenly you are the mediatrix of the light of grace to mankind. But by the greater light you possessed for recognizing the infinite greatness and goodness of God, you recognized also your own littleness, and, therefore, you humbled yourself more than all others: you ever had before your eyes the majesty of God against your nothingness as His creature. You were the instrument used by your Son. How strongly Jesus reminded me of this: "As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remain on the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in Me. May this remembrance fill me with love and gratitude to you, and be the reason for my trust in your powerful protection and in your prayers in Heaven, where you plead with your Divine Son for the salvation of us all. I come to you with confidence, knowing that through you all glory, honor and holiness given to the human race from the first Adam to the last ages has been granted, is being granted and will be granted to apostles, prophets, martyrs and all the just. I cannot even imagine the heavenly beauty that adorned your innocent soul as you were being prepared by the Eternal Father to be the Mother of His Divine Son and the Spouse of the Holy Spirit. About Our Lady of Sorrows This is one of many Marian feast days which occurs throughout the liturgical year. You have given me life without end, a life of happiness for all eternity, not a created life, but a share in uncreated life, in the very life of God. To you we owe the life of grace, without which there is no escape from the death of sin. 3. You treasured up all the words spoken by the holy angels concerning your divine Son, as well as those pronounced by the prophetess Anna and by holy Simeon when you presented your Son in the temple, and you prudently pondered them in your heart. You are far more than an instrument of God's mercy towards us. Since you had your place beside Jesus when there was question of ransoming us and meriting for us all the graces necessary for our salvation, you must in like manner have your place beside Him now, when there is question of securing for us by your prayers in heaven the graces prepared for us in view of the merits of Christ. When His head was crowned with thorns, another crown of thorns encircled your Heart. As Co-Redemptrix, you must finish your work by applying the grace of redemption to each individual soul, for only then the redemption is achieved. 67, 36). Your great lover, Saint Bernard, along with many other saints and writers, reminds me: "Through you, Mary, heaven has been filled; through you hell has beheld itself robbed of an army of souls, in a word, through you eternal life was imparted to multitudes of wretched ones, who had made themselves unworthy of it." But with the same humility with which you had conceived Him, you consented to the supreme loss of your God. How earnestly, too, you want to help us in all our needs! 3. Though deprived of the joy of His actual presence, you were more intimately united with Him than ever through your sacrificial love, since your will was one with His. Pray for us, you who are so powerful, be all-powerful in our behalf! Mary, Mother of God, make my interior life of union with Jesus more like your own. More than ever before, we have need of your help today. Queen of the Holy Rosary, in times past, when the enemies of the Church sought to break its unity, you came to the aid of your suffering children. For the sake of Jesus be mindful of me as you stand near Him who granted you the fullness of grace. Unlike martyrs who endured physical torments, Mary suffered torment in her soul. We do not attribute to you the power of producing supernatural grace, even though you are the Mother of God, for this power belongs to God alone. Collected by the web master from various calendars; if you have a Feast that I missed, please let me know, so I can include it. ", Feast, November 21 (Novena, November 12-20). 3. He promised Our Lady that if he were cured, he would become a priest. That date was not chosen by accident, but because it is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. I can easily picture Saint John, the Apostle of love, saying Mass each day in his own home and daily giving you the consecrated bread and wine of the Eucharist. At that moment God began to have an Adorer who was infinite, and the world a Mediator who was all-powerful. May your name be the last sound that escapes my lips upon this earth and the first I breathe in heaven. You said Yes so that we might live. Mary, My Mother, you alone never knew shipwreck in the deep ocean of humanity's crimes. A mother, as she hears her child lisping her name, is thrilled beyond all telling, at all times; and better than she, you will understand me when I say, "Hail Mary!". After the prophecy of Simeon, the Scriptures mention that "His father and mother" were wondering at those things which were spoken concerning Him. Your faith taught you that the predictions of both were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Obtain for me from Jesus the heavenly gifts of humility, chastity and meekness, which were the fairest adornments of your immaculate soul. "The Lord is with thee." Our Lady of Fatima Prayer O Mary Immaculate, who at Fatima predicted to Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta that unless men converted and thy requests were fulfilled, worse calamities would befall, show thyself a mother to us in these perilous times. Mary, Mother of God, how wonderful was your own interior life as you carried the Son of God in your womb and awaited His coming! Here on earth kings and rulers lay at your feet their crowns, their very selves. 3. The Church regards you as the rising dawn. 1. Let me feel some of the sentiments of loving expectation that you felt while waiting for the birth of your Child, so that I may prepare myself for His coming and the graces of the mystery of His Nativity may bear fruit in my soul. No other saint exerts such universal influence in the affair of our salvation as you do. Had the angel said you were the most wicked sinner in the world, your wonder would not have been so great, as it was at the sound of his praises. 1. His triumph over death His Ascension into Heaven, the sending of the Holy Spirit. To understand your dignity as Mother of God in all its fullness, we would have to understand fully the dignity of the Son of God whose Mother you are. And now in Heaven, when the fruits of the Redemption are applied to our souls, and the graces won for us by the Passion of Jesus are distributed to the redeemed, being united to Him by a close and unbreakable bond, you still continue your part as Mediatrix in the work of our salvation, by offering to the Father the merits of Christ, uniting meanwhile your prayers, and, in a secondary sense, your merits, to the intercession of your Divine Son. I believe, according to the inspired teaching of St. Paul, that there is but one Mediator between God and manyour Son Jesus. Jesus is the only Mediator of justice, and by His merits He obtains for us all graces and salvation; but you are the Mediatrix of grace.