The new Remington OEM magazine needs to be the same width, between .600 and .650. The boxes of shells are old but in great shape as well. Also, the bolt locks open by contacting the empty magazine. JavaScript is disabled. They are trouble waiting to happen. People wanted tactical 700s, and Remington responded. It definitely wasn't a tack driver but it was good enough for him to bag a few bull elk and a handful of deer with, but the range was always 200 yards or less. So, if you want to purchase the gun, you may do it as a side piece to your collection. The lips also get bent. All guns will be shipped when checks clear. The buttsto, As New: TheRemington Model 742, also known as theWoodsmaster, is asemi-automaticrifle that was produced byRemington Armsfrom 1960 until 1980. Buyers were My old man hunted with a Remington 742 in .30-06 the whole time I was growing up. Remington 742 - 7400 Barrel Take Down Nut Wrench - Brand New This Bad@$$ Gunsmith Tool is a must have for removing the take down nut on Remington 742 & 7400 models.The design of the jaws makes it strong and easy to use. These barrels are precision made of quality materials just like all other products from Remington. info@bestguns.net; Barrel Length: 24" Finish per color: Blued. I hunted with a Browning BAR owner whose rifle was constantly giving him grief, albeit the gun was kept in a state of Terminal Filth. For Short Action, Kaw Valley MACH 3 Modular Linear Comp + 3" Spacer + Adapter, 6" BARREL EXTENSION, Ruger 10/22 Magnum Stock 22WMR Laminate Volquartsen Heavy Barrel, New Factory Remington 700 ADL Short Action Heavy Barrel Mossy Oak Rifle Stock, 1903 Springfield Remington Complete Rear Sight & Barrel Band Collar, Remington 783 With Scope And Mounts, Minus The Barreled Action, Remington 760 7600 750 7400 870 1100 Trigger Job, Remington 742 7400 Barrel Take Down Wrench NEW - Build by Bad@$$ - Fast Shipping, Remington Model 552 Speedmaster Barrel - 21 .22 Rifle Good Bore 22LR READ, Vintage Arms Remington 760 REM DUST COVER R76, Remington Model 24 22 Long Rifle Gun Barrel & Ring, REMINGTON MODEL 700? Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel with 11 degree target crown is compatible with BOTH .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO ammunition, chambered for 223 Remington Wylde, and rifled 1:9 includes M4 Green Mountain manufactures some of the highest quality Ruger 10/22 22lr barrels on the market. My old man hunted with a Remington 742 in .30-06 the whole time I was Ive looked at doing it with the 760s and I am pretty sure the only difference is the filler in the magazine. Still fine for a animal the size of a deer or elk. Byers, Colorado 80103. The 742 was a long running design for Remington- 1960ish until about 1980 when it was replaced by the 7400. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. This used Remington 742 Woodmaster, semi-auto rifle in .30-06 cal has a 22" barrel--adj. Installing a quality barrel is arguably the #1 way to improve your AR's accuracy. Add to cart. I reload and shoot 35 Whelen, 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 30 Carbine, and 35 Rem. Slip 2000 Gun Lube Vs Slip 2000 EWL Gun Lube. People are strange about guns. Happy Newyear. Item is used but in good condition, see They call me Chairman Mao because I don't want to let the kooks own the streets. WebThis rifle is designed to exceed your expectations of a stock 700. It features magazine fed semi automatic firing, 4 round capacity, nicely checkered walnut furniture, blued finish, adju, An absolutely wonderful Remingon Model 7400 in the ever popular .308 caliber, complete with the factory Remington plastic hard case which it fits perfectly. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Historically, the United States first autoloading shotgun was the legendary Remington Model 11. HANDGUNS RIFLES Remchoke, Rifle Sights, Remington 870 Deer Barrel, 12GA., Rifled, Cantilever, MOBU, Remington 870 Express Deer Barrel, 12 Ga. Rifled, Rifle Sights, Remington 870 Express Deer Barrel, 12 Ga. Imp. The year of manufacture is represented by codes. The first letter youll see will be one of these: B, L, A, C, K, P, O, W, D, E, R, X. This rifle has too many weak links to list, Its never failed. WebGet the best deals for remington 700 223 barrel at eBay.com. Originally Posted by swampdogger. Remington 742 Barrel complete with sights, barrel nut & spring.for 30-06 cal. CUSTOMIZER STERLING REMINGTON 742 STOCK Stock comes with mounting bolt. 1-14 Twist; 26 Long Barrel. A gunsmith should handle this. 675.00 REMINGTON 742 30-06 SEMI-AUTO Laval / North Shore Feb 3, 2023 - 8:57 AMRENE65 SERIAL NUMBER B7301670. WebREMINGTON 700 . By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. WebGreat deals on Remington Barrel Rifle Parts. Always use factory loads of high quality. Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tackle, tips, tricks, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more! Additionally, it causes no sort of malfunction. Vermonter Larry Benoit, who came to great fame as a taker of stupefying whitetails, used a 742 with a big rear peep and a gold front sight. Mystery 30-06 SPRG Barrel 22" USED gun smith special, VINTAGE REMINGTON MODEL 41 RIFLE BARREL 31" OVERALL 22 CALIBER WITH SIGHTS, Remington 700 7mm-08 Rem Factory Takeoff 20" Rifle Barrel, REMINGTON MODEL 700, CHRISTENSEN ARMS CARBON FIBER , 27.5" , 7MM LRM BARREL, REMINGTON Buttplate Curved Type Model 870 1100 1148 700 760 742 w/ RED HEAD BOX, Custom 300 Win Mag Barrel Remington 700 X-Caliber Spiral Fluted Barrel Nut Combo. These share a lot of the design features of the 1100 shotgunso it's basically got a shotgun trigger. Where is the current point of drastic diminishing returns on optics. I think Goob said that they actually come factory installed with a trigger that's meant for a shotgun. On the other hand, there are lots of horror stories. Rifle is in very good condition. around 2000 rounds, roughly. Gunsmithing Sponsored by 4-D Reamer Rentals, https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-ols/remington-742-4-7400-wrench-prod8872.aspx, Screenshot_20191130-094133_1575125207078.png, Blackpowder Mortar & Cannon by Seacoast Artillery, Hand Loading Rifles & Handguns by Diamond K Brass, Bolt Action Rifles Sponsored by Camera Land. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Menck-Nut-Wrench-478-/143159788735?oid=352599399349. All others work fine. E-Mail Us at accuracyinc1@aol.com. One million, four hundred thousand I used a file to fit an open end wrench to the nut. ARs are in a different category. Remington 750 Woodsmaster semiautomatic 30/06. Metal no rust or pitting. Everything I know I learned from Grandma or Google. He has killed more deer with it than most have seen in a life time though. Your email address will not be published. Barrels here come in many lengths, gauges, finishes, and patterns to fit your firearm perfectly. WebDescription: REM. So, release the pressure on the screw. Given this kind of treatment, you can hardly blame an auto for jamming. Anyway, thank's again guy's, i'll let you's know how it work's. Barrel Diameters offered are - 1" Bull, .850" Varmint, .750" medium contour. Does anybody know where I can get one? This Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in .30-06 Sprg. Just $1 per month , Are you a big-woods hunter who loves his Remington auto? 50 - 70 US Government. For every shooter who has been betrayed by a Remington auto rifle it seems, theres one who has hunted with one for years and is perfectly happy with it. Read Next: Winchester Model 94 vs. Marlin 336, Save big on firearms, accessories, tactical gear, clothing, and ammunition from now until March 29. (Otherwise, youre one of a dwindling few who still carries the old and groundbreaking Model 8, or 81, and are off the hook for this discussion.) Which stock Remington 742 was the most aesthetic? It was produced by Remington 742 Carbine .308 RARE and hard to find in this cal or condition Marked Carbine Made April 1968 Ex. I have a remington 742 auto in .243 win. The only advantage Jamomatics offer is a fast second, third, and fourth shot. Your Price: I'm trying to help an elderly neighbor with his. The .30-06 will not cycle the 220 grain rounds. However, as with all guns, it has some problems. WebBarrel Nuts for Shoulderless Prefit Barrels. Which Should Be Your P320 SIG? CLEAN INSIDE WITH AN EXCELLENT BORE. Sitting in my gun closet, retired with great honor after 26 years of constant, heavy use is a deadly-accurate Remington 700 .30/06 that is now well into its second barrel, which means that its cycled something like 7,500 rounds. I have a remington 742 auto in .243 The Remington 742 firearms were never intended to be shooting machines; rather, they were designed as hunting rifles with higher minute-of-deer accuracy and faster repeat shots than bolts and levers. I can point out that the Marlin 336 is a better lever-action rifle than the Winchester Model 94 and back up the claim, and that the Savage 99 (rotary-magazine version) is better than the Marlin, but that will not alter the Model 94s status as the deer rifle of all time. The case may remain in the chamber even if the extractor nibbles on the case rim. WebRemington Rifle - Remington 742 30/06 #A72xxxxx 22" barrel with 3x9x40mm Pentex scope weaver bases made in 1988 (Full Details) Price: $750.00 Remington Rifle - Remington 552 BDL 22 S,L,LR #D14xxxxx 21" barrel unfired in the correct box with paperwork (Full Details) Price: $895.00 Oct 13, 2012. 50 Alaskan. Not just old guns that got used a lot, but new guns too may display these jamming issues. marriott corporate codes 2022; laporte obituaries; Related articles; grafenwoehr christmas market; graphic organizer template google docs; low dose amitriptyline and dementia 4140CM Premium Barrel $679.99 *Installed Price. Both work fine. Originally Posted by swampdogger. Description: REMINTON MODEL 700 BULL BARREL TARGET 22-250 WITH CUSTOM THUMB HOLE STOCK/ WITH SWAROVSKI 6-18X 50 VARIABLE SCOPE WITH ADJUSTABLE FRONT YARDAGE FOCUS. The 7400 is supposed to be the 'improved' version of the 742. COMPARE (0) Remington Model 700 ADL Compact Black .243 Win 20" Barrel 4-Rounds Optics Ready From $569.99 in 3 stores To decrypt the date of manufacture for a Remington model, check to see what letters and numbers are on the barrel. The Menck wrench is no longer in production AFAIK. 1400 For sale is a 1967 manufactured Winchester model 100 carbine in 308. Okay, well, David E. Petzal thinks your rifle sucks and is going to tell you why, By The 742 is my favorite deer rifle. For the Remington 742 model, youll see a 6 or 7 digit serial number on one side of the barrel. To be fair, the Remington autos are not alone in this respect. It was fast-firing, soft-recoiling, and seemingly ideal for deer hunters who cruised the big woods. WebBrownells is your home for firearm accessories, gun parts, gunsmithing tools, reloading Just did the same with an -06 and a 280. Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear everyone. That said, if you legally own a firearm, and its stolen or lost, its important you file a report with your local law enforcement agency stating that its lost or stolen. "There's nothing wrong with your memory, you can remember things that haven't even happened yet". When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I had nothing to lose and it worked fine. Yet, not as precise as a 700. One million, four hundred thousand were sold. It is outfitted with a Bushnell Scope. But the Woodsmaster was flawed. Johnson County, Ky. Updated Jan 11, 2023 7:40 AM EST. The American People must forever retain the Right to own the arms best-designed and best-suited to bring an expeditious end to any tyrant whom would deign to separate The People from their Liberty as bestowed upon them by God. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. I've also seen a guy modify a 20mm socket to fit. Remington in their infinite wisdom used a 25/32" nut, and few people Our Price: $51.50. I had this gun fixed 3 time's up here , and 3 time's it broke. TThe barrel on the rifle was thread, REMINGTON MODEL 742 WOODSMASTER REFLE.30/06 SPRINGFIELD.22 INCH BARRELLOP IS 13 1/2 INCHESSEE THROUGH SCOPE MOUNTS WITH REDFIELS TRACKER 4X DUPLEX RETICLE SCOPEFINISH WORN ON FOREND BLA. As a rule, hunters who buy semi-autos have no faith in their marksmanship. You must log in or register to reply here. I fiqure elf3 won that wrench, maybe not. CONDITION 96%. It don't mean nothing, not a thing. Remington Model 740 Stripped Breech Bolt For Plunger Type Ejector. Due to its semiauto design flaw, the 742 is infamously sensitive to powder performance. Didn't even know they made a wrench for that purpose. Hoot, I have a 742 in .30-06 and a 7400 in the .270. Shipping: $30.00 (or Arrange local transfer) Accepted Payment Because laymen and gunsmiths dont look at firearms in the same way, I asked my long-time friend and gunsmith John Blauvelt to weigh in. Usually quite a bit less. Your email address will not be published. Each end is slightly different in size.One end fits the 742 model and the other end fits the 7400 model.It is So, remove some of it. That's the one and apparently that's the one and only that's available in the US. Remove the forestock and align the back end with the action where it fits. The Remington 742 rifles are stunning. Primarily with long cartridges like 30-06, .270, and less frequently with shorter cartridges like .308 or .243. It has a 22 inch barrel. I didn't say "Crescent" wrench. Once-a-year shooters can no more do this than they can fly. NICE WOOD WITH A FEW HANDLING MARKS. I use a 20mm end wrench with some duct tape in the jaws to avoid marring. 4,094. Take Heart, Your Remington Pump Gun is a Find Deer Rifle, The 6 Best Rifles for Hunting the Big Woods, The 6 Best Classic Rifles for Tracking Deer. WebRemington Model 742 Barrel Takedown Nut .30-06 Sprg $ 9.25. They arent intended for frequent, demanding use like a Rem 700. Most firearms that were manufactured after 1968 contain a serial number. Anyone here use a Remington 742 for deer or elk? The Remington 700 Barrel-These days Remington does a fine job Contour Barrel, 12 Ga. RemChoke, 28", 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. It was designed for hunting and sporting purposes and has become a popular choice for many shooters over the years. It is a fantastic 1 MOA rifle and has proper loads. ), The Full-Size M17 Or The Carry M18? I clicked on the green link. It features a side ejection port and a free-, REMINGTON 742 CARBINE.30-06 ABOUT AS NICE AS IT CAN BE WITHOUT THE BOX 1095.00 45.00 SHIP AND INSURE If you are WEST of the Mississippi shipping will be $10.00. Remington in their infinite wisdom used a 25/32" nut, and few people happen to have a 25/32" open end wrench laying around in their toolbox! Webbull movie 2021 ending explained; hailee steinfeld boyfriend history; Related articles; moku meaning in telugu; weaver funeral home bristol obituaries. The Bar can be as precise as the shooter desires. It has a 22 inch barrel. It often didnt work very well. The record should include information about the firearm, the date of purchase, and the details of the purchaser. In this blog post, we will provide an overview of the Remington 742 Woodsmaster, including its features and specifications. Collectively, these guns are so reliably unreliable that theyre known as Jamomatics. Custom Remington 7400, 7600, 750 Rifles built by Accuracy Systems Inc. Cyl., Rifle Sights, Remington 870 Express Rifled Deer Barrel, 12 Gauge, Cantilever, 23", Remington 870 Express Rifled Deer Barrel, 20 Ga, Cantilever, 18 1/2", Remington 870 Express Deer Barrel, 20 Ga. Rifled, Rifle Sights, Remington 870 Wingmaster, Std. Read more; Quick View. I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner For what it's worth, I think you could actually swap with a 30-06. The Remington 700 Barrel-These days Remington does a fine job manufacturing accurate rifles. PS. Come join the discussion about hunting, fishing, survival, archery gunsmithing, optics, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Did you mean Woodmaster instead of Wingmaster? Stock has a few nicks and dings in it, other than that gun is very clean. Remington Deluxe Checkered Buttstock Rear Stock W/ Buttplate 740 742 760 7400, Remington 700 .223 Rem Varmint/Sendero barrel, REMINGTON MODEL 12 EARLY ROUND BARREL BUTT PLATE, remington 700 barrel Take Off 6.5-06 Ackley Improved. Ensure that the chamber is dry and spotless. When they do sight in, its often at 50 yards (Why go farther?) at a paper plate (If I can hit that I can hit a deer.). Used, but in good condition. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. Take it to a Remington authorized gunsmith if everything else fails. Related: The 6 Best Classic Rifles for Tracking Deer, If you tour the firearms websites, youll end up baffled. Rifled, Rifle Sights, Remington 870 Wingmaster Deer Barrel, 12Ga. I have a buddy who own's 2 742 's in .308 and want to switch barrel's so he will have a nice little coyote rifle. The mag well might contain a ton of gunk. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. 1250 SHIPPED WITH INSURANCE. It's in all original condition scope included. WebRemington Rifle Barrels. Use the wrong make and bullet type and youre in trouble. Guns Listing ID: 562045This rifle is in good condition as you can see from the pictures provided. Youll need a new receiver, except you cant get one any more. Related: The 6 Best Rifles for Hunting the Big Woods. To others, the gun is less accurate, with more than 2-3 inches of target groups. For good 350 yard accuracy there are undoubtedly much better choices out there, but take it to the range and let some lead fly and you might be pleasantly surprised. By the way, that sound was the last thing Bonnie and Clyde ever heard. The rifles are sensitive to the ammunition theyre fed. Their reaction is to go into panic mode and keep pulling the trigger until the rifle goes click. Deer Barrel Scope Combo 18 1/2", Remington 870 12GA 23" Remchoke Turkey Super Mag Barrel, Remington 870 Wingmaster Deer Barrel, 12Ga. For a woods rifle the 742 was a very popular rifle. The Barrel nut on my 742 is 25/32in. M mwakely Registered Joined Jan 7, 2004 1,035 Posts WebA REMINGTON 742 rifle is currently worth an average price of $611.20 new and $580.20 Something went wrong. It may not display this or other websites correctly. What is the worst problem in a Remington 742? The 742A has a rolled, impressed type of checkering and the 742 BDL has a basket weave style with the stock having a higher comb (where your cheek would rest when shooting). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The 700 BDL is a great rifle. Use proper ammo, and troubleshoot forestock. JavaScript is not enabled on your browser - our site will not work for you as intended. Anyinfo would be appreciated , thank's Rick. With his ammo, Remington 180 grain RN cartridges, this rifle gave minute of pie plate groups at 50 yards. REMINGTON 742 30-06 CUT TO CARBINE LENGTH. Apart from that, they are reliable and quite accurate. WebSterling Remington 742 Stk | Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks BUILD & PRICE Sterling Remington 742 Stk Item #: 3U1921D1F1ZZ Starting Price $90.00 Your Price $90.00 WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS STOCK? Because the main causes of these clogs are dirt and prolonged use. Or, for variety, they can cut through the case rim. Law enforcement uses background records and gun sales to identify firearm sellers and buyers who break state laws. Clean the action with some brake cleaner, lubricate it, and try it again. (Note, however, that the people who go on these websites are not the types to neglect their guns.). Remington Model 742 Woodmaster BDL with aluminum buttplate, and a nicer than average wood grain in the rare 6mm Remington, used on a couple deer hunts , less, Guns Listing ID: 698853Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster semi-auto rifle in .30-06 SPRG. The gun was a sentimental thing, my buddy gave it to me before he passed away, but after fixing it 3 time's by these guy's up here that call themselve's gunsmith's, enough is enough. We use cookies to give you the best possible user experience & to analyze traffic. Calibers produced were 6mm Rem., .243 Rem., .280 Rem. The .270 has jammed only due to being dirty. Light edge wear bottom of receiver, Remington Model 742 BDL Woodsmaster Deluxe .30-06 semi-Auto, Made in 1968, 22 inch barrel, Original sights, Beautiful Basket weave Monti-Carlo stock and forearm, Black pistol gip and forend caps, Slin, REMINGTON 742 WOODSMASTER IN .30-06 CAL., WITH 22" BARREL. Remington ~ 742 Woodsmaster ~ .30-06 Sprg. and was wondering if i can take the barrel off and put on another 742 that is chambered in .308 win. A raised blade front sight and an adjustable notch middle sight. Before you send that next shot, you have to figure out what went wrong and how to correct. What is the difference between Remington 742 and Remington 760? Remington Versa Max Deer Barrel, 25" Rifled 12 Gauge, Matte, Remington 870 Express 26" 20GA Rem Choke Vent Rib Barrel, Matte, Remington 870 20Ga. He ground off one side to clear the barrel. 3 of the other guys at deer camp also use the Rem. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. I shot one many years ago that a friend owned and it seemed like a pretty nice gun back then. That way, if someone uses izt to commit a crime, you are not going to get into trouble with the police if the gun is recovered. It is lighter and handles well with the short barrel but the muzzle blast is something to behold. I have only shot a couple of 30-06 in my 30 years of hunting and a Remington 742 Woodsmaster was always something I had heard was a very nice gun to use on deer. Just be careful not to carry them about all summer in the background, not get much use, and then fire off a few rounds without cleaning or lubricating. It is outfitted with a Bushnell Banner scope. See pictures. Includes Bushnell The Prime 3-9x40 riflescope; offers modern manufacturing, This Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in .30-06 Sprg. You are using an out of date browser. WebRuger Mini Remington AR10 AR15 Accuracy Custom Accurate Rifles Barrel. U.S. Army Veteran, Gunsmith, CWP Instructor. Thank's guy's, that is what i figured, just swap barrel's. (1) Remington Model 740 Trigger Assembly Less Disconnector. WebRemington 742 .30-06; Remington 742 .30-06 Barrel Takedown Nut $ 6.75; Rated 0 out of 5. The 742 was an enormous success. Based on comparing the specs, features, "Reassemble in reverse order" is an often used term. The bottom of the casing is still stuck in the magazine while the bullet appears to be hanging up at an angle from the top of the chamber. No cracks or bings. I had a 7400 in 30-06. According to "The Blue Book of Gun Values", 19th addition the Remington Woosmaster 742 was produced between 1960 and 1980. View cart for details. 1:8 twist, Remington 760 Stock and Forend - Model 740 742 7400 760 - Walnut Fleur-De-Lis, Douglas XX Stainless 6mm Rifle Barrel 1-8, Remington 40X Rifle Stock 22cal Heavy Barrel.