FAQ What are the best tours in Icy Strait Point? Find 9 other excursion options on my guide to the best Skagway cruise excursions. You soon will be where you can sight humpbacks, Orcas, sea otters, sea lions, porpoises and seals, all attracted to the nutrient-rich waters of Glacier Bay. I really enjoyed reading about all the fun stuff to do on our crusie through alaska. I looked at the number of cruise companies offering that excursion in 2022. Step into an Alaska experience as you navigate your Jeep or ATV through the unspoiled wilderness of Chichagof Island's back roads. Once outside of Door #2, follow the signs to the Excursions Hub where you meet your Hoonah Travel Adventures Representative. We too the free shuttle back into the port area and walked through the old cannery, the museum and gift shops, which were all cool. Apr 1, 2014. Icy Strait Point. We were left doubting her sincerity and actually had the best interaction with the armed woman, accompanying us for protection, who lives in Hoonah. Longest Zip Line, Icy Strait Point, Alaska. Indulge in fresh seafood and native veggies like beach asparagus and seaweed to fuel up for stops in Icy Strait Point, Sitka, Skagway, Seward, and of course the marvelous Hubbard Glacier. However having a tough time booking things. By pem309, . That said, its not exactly unique to encounter these kinds of excursions, so it doesnt rank particularly high on my personal list of the best Icy Strait Point cruise excursions. What tour co offers the cooking tour you mentioned. Can you purchase a whale tour when you arrive? Pine trees as tall as skyscrapers, humpback whales, eagles, wild salmon, black bears and more, form the harmonious . Hoonah is just a stones throw from Icy Strait so no time is wasted getting to the fishing grounds and the hooks down! Foodie cruisers, this ones for you! Companies that book through the ships have to pay the ships very high fees to do that. From the top of the mountain, it's just a short walk (400 meters) through a pristine stand of old-growth rainforest to the ZipRider tower. After you successfully conquer that, youll hook into the first of six zip lines. No snow but you get to watch and touch them. We disembarked from Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas a little after 1:00 pm on a go. Would have loved to have done the seated zip line but not at 170 USD for one ride! Opened a decade ago by the Huna Tlingit Native Alaskans, it's easily one of the best spots in the region for fishing and whale watching. Enjoy a fun small-group experience on this Icy Strait whale watching tour, limited to 18 passengers per tour. Carnival, Disney, Holland America, Norwegian, Oceania, Princess, Regent, and Royal Caribbean. I am concerned if I have saeveral days between catching fish and returning to my home, the fish may not be so goog. If youve read any of my other lists of cruise excursions, you know that getting active is one of my personal travel priorities. Disney, Holland America, Norwegian, Oceania, Princess, Regent, and Royal Caribbean. Don't worry we will definitely be back to Alaska (just after Hawaii and Europe according to my wife LOL). We keep our groups small, so we can take you off the beaten path, where the locals go. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Valerie! We bought the "unlimited ride" for $50 per person, to find out there was nothing to do at the top unless you are taking the zip line down. Prices start at $169.00 per person. Image Courtesy: Cunard Line. I get a lot of questions about fishing in Alaska. Our guide, a college student from DC, pandered so to the Tlingit culture it was embarrassing. Display as a link instead, You cannot paste images directly. Get ready for fjords, majestic mountains, vast forests, potential animal sightings, and an experience you will never forget! And don't forget the fishing. One of our favorite FAQs: The cruise industry wants ALL of your money so they try and scare you with that line. The ticket agent for the sky glider was the one that advised us about the hike. With that in mind, prepare for the worst and hope for the best! That being said, if you call and book you will save the 6% fee the booking platform we use charges. Stream Fishing 6. I am going on Quantum of the Seas out of Seattle in May 2022 to Alaska and BC. After a drive through (and out of) town, youll leave the crowds behind and head onto Alaska native-owned lands where youll disembark and start your wilderness hike. As a souvenir, youll get recipe cards so you can try to prepare these meals once you return home. Breathe in the 1,000-acre greenspace of Stanley Park, one of the largest urban parks in North America. We meet guests at the Icy Strait Point Excursions Hub. (One of my past favorites was a flightseeing tour!) Choose from a variety of Alaska cruise and cruisetour itineraries and connect . Great Value. Icy Strait Point Excursions and Tours Located in southeast Alaska and along the coast, Icy Strait Point gives you a peek inside the beautiful and diverse Alaskan wildlife. Norwegian Communications Center. We keep our groups small, so we can take you off the beaten path, where the locals go. Website Season:$180 per person3.5 hrs. Celebrity, Disney, Holland America, Norwegian, Oceania, Princess, Regent, Royal Caribbean, and Seabourn. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/07/17/excursion-focus-alaska-sled-dogs-mushers-camp-juneau-alaska. (Look for them holding a Hoonah Travel Adventures sign.) Will I make the __:__ tour? Town is very small with nothing more than a few shore excursions to choose from. On this 3.5-hour charter, youll board a locally-operated boat and head out onto the waters of Icy Strait. For critter enthusiasts, there is really no need to book a whale watching tour as youll be able to spot humpbacks, orcas, and harbor seals directly from your cruise ship, especially in the wee hours. We are committed to providing guests with the best customer service in the industry! These gentle giants of the sea spend their summers right here in the nutrient-rich waters of Glacier Bay and Icy Strait. Our fishing shore excursions are offered in Juneau, Ketchikan and Sitka. Dive into Native Alaska culture at a tribal dance show or pay a visit to Hoonah, Alaska's largest Tlingit village. The boat was much smaller than the typical whale watching boats (6 people!) Find Matching Tours Adventure Glacier Tours Private Tours Sightseeing Train Excursions Unique to Skagway Adventure Flightseeing Glacier Tours Whale Watching Unique to Juneau Adventure Cultural & Historical Flightseeing Get ready for a stream fishing adventure in pristine wilderness that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Visiting from {country-flag} {country-name}? View All Cruises, We're having trouble retrieving these cruises. To learn more about the people who call these lands home, I invite you to exploreNative Land. Departs From Best of all, were able to offer more competitive rates than the cruise ships because you are booking locally. Your email address will not be published. We ensure your safety aboard our boats and tour vans. Wildlife is one of the main draws for visitors who want to cruise in Alaska. Or that its the largest in the world kind of like Alaska is the largest state? This one, which broadly incorporates a helicopter tour, glacier landing, and dog sledding depending on the tour operator and . Skip the hassle of a rental car and admire views during the bus journey to the glacier. Who Offers This Icy Strait Point Cruise Excursion? Description (Courtesy of IMDb ): "After surviving the destruction of Isla Nubla, Owen Grady and Claire Dearing took in young Maisie Lockwood. Imagine eating delectable halibut harvested directly from the waters of Icy Strait. It was one of the stops that sold me on this May 13 cruise since it's absent on Royal's Seattle based cruises. Icy Strait Point, Alaska While Celebrity Cruises doesn't sail directly to Glacier Bay, there are flightseeing excursions available from Icy Strait Point . This gondola was build alongside a second cruise ship pier as part of a major expansion to Icy Strait Point. It's operated by a native corporation but the charter of ISP dictates only one ship at a time. See the amazing humpback whales that call the waters of Icy Strait Point their home. Our Icy Strait Point shore excursions are run by local guides who are eager to show you the real Alaskan Wilderness. The best tours in Icy Strait Point are: Who Offers This Shore Excursion in Icy Strait Point? Get behind the wheel of an ATV, race down a thrilling zip line, check out historical reenactments, hop on a husky-drawn sled, ride in an old-time streetcar . Lower lift line. Posted December 26, 2021. family just booked Alaskan cruise Quantum May 30, 2022 going to Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Endicott Arm & Dawes, Juneau, Victoria BC. Point Adolphus, in particular, is world-famous for its concentration of humpback whales and is located about 5 miles from the southern side of Icy Strait. Is our tour still on? (Photo courtesy of Royal Caribbean) A cruise can also make an Alaska trip more affordable. This Exclusive Wildlife and Bear Search small group tour will give you a flexible, up-close experience that . About Prof. Cruise. We are a quick 20 minute flight from Juneau, Alaska. Icy Strait Point is Alaska Native owned-and-operated, with all profits directly supporting the community of Hoonah, Alaskas largest Native Tlingit village. This excursion is a gentle walking tour that lasts 2.5 to 3 hours depending on the wildlife you see. While that doesnt necessarily factor into the way this list is ranked, it means I always include 1-2 Alaska cruise excursions that are more active for those who are physically able. On this visitI did a whale watching excursion. The only thing you can count on in Hoonah, and the area near Icy Strait Point is that you cant count on the weather. Restaurant prices in Alaska can be high, but a cruise bundles meals, accommodations and transportation into one price that, with . And best of all: the proceeds of this excursion support the Juneau Audubon Society, so your excursion costs are funneled back into supporting the bird populations you get to enjoy. Just let us know and we will make sure everyone is together. With a concentration in cruising. Board the Gondola for a 4 minute ride through the forest toward the Adventure Center. Our group said to each other, "we should come back in ten years and see if it looks the same". While in Icy Strait, we also give you the chance to enjoy some incredible and famous Icy Strait seafood. An Alaskan, family owned small business, inspired by nature. If you book the Icy Strait Exclusive Wildlife and Bear Search Tour through Alaska Shore Excursions, you'll receive an e-mailed ticket along with detailed meeting directions as seen below: Be sure to print it out and bring it along with your other cruise documents. Copyright 2023 Icy Strait Point Excursions. Glacier garden hours are 9:00 to 6:00 everyday our first tour is it 9:15 our last tour leaves at 4:00 p.m. Glacier Gardens rainforest adventure is a guided tour through the Tongass Forest on 18 passenger trams. We walked a wide hilly 15- min trail from the dock to the cannery area. Agreed! " + cards[0]['totalGroups'] + " Itineraries" : "" }}. We can guarantee you will be back to board your ship in plenty of time. Take a journey into this serene kayak adventure on Icy Strait for an unforgettable experience! Ovation of the Seas in Alaska. Icy Strait Small Group Shore Excursion: We're going on a bear hunt! For a real Alaska speciality, head to the Cookhouse Restaurant and try the reindeer chilli or the Alaska Blue Burger, made with reindeer meat, blue cheese and merlot steak sauce. In addition to your wildlife search, depart directly from Icy Strait Point on your safe, stable, covered, and comfortable whale-watching vessel and travel through the bountiful waters of Icy Strait to the renowned Point Adolphus area, home to Alaska's largest summer population of humpback whales. Hike red cedar forest trails, relax beachside, take a horse-drawn carriage ride, or view the Brockton Point totem poles. This excursion starts with a boat transfer from Sitka to the nearby Siginaka Islands; this cluster of islands is located north of town so you'll enjoy views of Sitka's waterfront and coast along the way. Brave the ZipRider, the worlds longest zip line, and enjoy amazing views of the forest as you race from a mountain peak at 60 miles per hour. Icy Strait Point is the only private cruise ship destination in Alaska; we offer over 20 different shore excursions including ATVs, biking, kayaking, nature tours, the best whale watching in Alaska and the world's largest and highest zipline ride. During season 2016, the port handled 78 ship calls and ~160,000 cruise tourists. We rarely cancel on our guests as the weather is typically pretty stable. Watch members of the Huna Tlingit Dancers troupe tell the story of their tribal heritage through song and dance at the Native Heritage Center Theater. If you want to venture over to the wild side, go on a guided nature hike through nearby rainforests or hop into an ATV and explore the backroads of Chichagof Island. At the end of the day, you can take in forest views while soaring high above the trees on the longest zip line in the world. . However each port offers adventures that are not typically found in the Caribbean. Moreover, our small group tours are purposely smaller than those offered by the cruise ship, giving you a more intimate experience, at a better rate, while visiting Hoonah near Icy Strait Point. Bear Viewing on Chicagof Island 3. We have been operating and improving our small group tours for over a decade. This is your chance to set sail and travel the scenic shorelines of Icy Strait Point keeping watch for bears, deer, blue herons, puffins and more. A bunch of towers on this lift feature combination assemblies on . Who Offers This Shore Excursion in Icy Strait Point? I now know August is the peak of the rainy season. What to expect when you get there - Amy will meet up with you at your pre-arranged meeting point (we were off a cruise ship, so Icy Straight Point excursion hub for us).