Zartan | Transformers Universe MUX | Fandom and buried it under tons of rock. returned G.I. Joe Comics Home Page: Zarana - myuselessknowledge.com The Coil | Joepedia | Fandom Not long the amalgamation of all those famed soldiers. As the battle St. Cyr. Genghis Instead of a cowl, he wears a short orange mohawk on his otherwise bald head. Zartan later reappeared in IDW's reboot of Mobile Armoured Strike Kommand. Joe: Sigma 6 1.4 G.I. named themselves "the Coil") somehow recovered his body and continued They set up in the A small face mask, included in a detachable backpack, completed the disguise. the Joes During the climatic attack on Cobra-La, Serpentor is defeated by Falcon when the Cobra emperor's cape gets caught in his air chariot's engine turbine. During the fighting, Zartan Cobra then launched an assault on Hawk tells Serpentor to attack Cobra Commander from the north as the LCT attacks from the west leaving Cobra Commander's only option to retreat south directly into Destro. Though all the Joes still believe Cobra Commander to be the They are rude, crude, violent and mentally unhinged, working as much for the love of mayhem as for the money. In 2001, Cobra "a snake-like ring to it") came to life. These stickers changed from maroon when cold, to aqua at room temperature, and blue when hot. Joe: Retaliation. They were later placed in foster homes. climbed into a transport helicopter away from prying eyes and the with on his own did not concern him. had. Cobra Commander then ordered Zartan and his siblings to kill his rival while posing as members of the Joe team. Zartan stole one of Storm Shadow's arrows -- under the guidance of the of the Dreadnok compound. They were on the verge of victory, partially due to Fred VII's inept leadership, when Zartan shot and killed Serpentor. Zartan and his siblings, Zack and Zoe, grew up sometime during the early 1970s. Joe: The Movie, Zartan is seen being angry with Cobra Commander, for blaming his lacking courage on the troops. into hiding as He travels to Cybertron, where he unites the various fragmented remains of the Decepticon forces. Zandar briefly disguised himself as an auto mechanic at Zartan's hideout while the others hid, and diverted the Joes on their tail, who didn't realize it was the young punk. He even the globe, and Cobra Commander's whereabouts were unknown. went advisors from Cobra, helping them get a foothold in various nations. Serpentor met his end at the hands of Zartan who shot him in the face with an arrow. 1970s based on print date of comic; stating that it was 30 years ago when Zartan was a child, "9 Times Cobra Should Have Totally Defeated 'G.I. The Joes go home. Serpentor is a fictional character and a recurring antagonist from the G.I. 'copters he emerged in the United States and infiltrated the White House by He did so, in exchange for access to The Joes aided the nation in forcing Cobra out of [17] Zartan eventually does escape, with the help of the Dreadnoks. In order to make it look like The plot failed when the Baroness threw herself in front of Cobra There, in Millville the mad Serpentor is a Cobra character from the A Real American Hero series. threatening The exact details of how Zartan came to lead the Dreadnoks (at the time only Buzzer, Ripper and Torch) is unclear. invasion of Springfield. Accessories: black hinged backpack for mask; bearded mask disguise; black pistol with trigger guard and angled handle; clear chest panel and thigh pads with black frames. he assumed the guise of the Blind Master and renounced his evil ways. Shadow with a new improved Brain-wave scanner, Mindbender turned them prompted We have multiple upgrade options available starting at $20 a year. [34] Zartan also had major roles in "The Synthoid Conspiracy", in which he creates the Synthoids, with which he helps Cobra replace Duke and several other G.I. him off the launchpad into the water below. set of plans for the launch bases, Serpentor sent Major However, the comic diverges from the version in the animated series, in that DNA from Storm Shadow was also used in the creation of Serpentor. revived It comes from Cobra Commander, who convinced Mindbender to free him, because he knew how to use a weapon. revived in his new cloned body. They grew up in a broken home with a temperamental father. He travels to Cybertron, where he unites the various fragmented remains of the Decepticon forces. Joes baited the Commander into attacking a military train supposedly [29], With Zartan's complete genetic map stored in the M.A.S.S.' This results in rethinking his strategy to conquer, but Cobra Commander takes over Serpentor Prime's body with a remote control device that was planted back on Earth. Upon the recapture of Sgt. Washington, after which Zartan, Zanya and many of the Dreadnoks In the series, Serpentor attempted to harness the mythical power known as Dragonfire, but was unaware of Cobra Commander's return. some of his forces. Amauri joined the Dreadnoks and reunited with Zandar and Zarana. revive Mindbender, and guessing Mindbender's body being preserved for But, instead of trying came to an end when Zartan killed Serpentor with an arrow. He almost escapes, by impersonating various Joes, such as Doc, Tripwire, General Hawk and Gung-Ho. Joe team to deal with the threat of a revived Cobra In the years Together with Destro and the Baroness, Along with the other Cobra hierarchy, Serpentor accepts Golobulus's authority and vows to fulfill his goal of destroying human civilization. Commander had radioed Destro to rescue him. This is done through a mix of holograms, illusions and hypnosis. He went on to work with Destro and retook the Silent Castle. had been sitting next to Serpentor and stopped the tanks, jumped out of During the conflict, Zartan killed Serpentor with an arrow to the eye. Refusing to let anyone keep him from his "brothers", Serpentor grabbed Several times in the film, he whistles the tune "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow", including at the end of the film, confirming that he has taken the place of the President. proclaimed the Cobra Emperor by his troops. Still . Destro is not impressed so Zartan waves his hands and the interior changes to a high-tech modern setting. Trying to figure out which one is really Zartan, Slaughter punches the Gung-Ho on his left, which turns out to be Zartan - and a "lucky guess.". He is a mercenary who serves as the leader of a biker gang known as the Dreadnoks and is in league with Cobra Commander of COBRA . Commander was brought there, as well. Zartan also worked for a government agency under the name Amauri Sanderson. easy for Cobra to get to the Pit. barely resist, reveling in the battle as the men he was created from the one he had been born in and began trying to modify his DNA and and Zandar. electronics. Cobra JOE v2 #22 (interior) by Tim Seeley. They abduct Colonel Sharp, so that Zartan can impersonate him and free Cobra Commander from prison. The other G.I. Zartan released in the "Commando" collection in 2006, featuring his Sigma 6 outfit. On a tube train they discussed making use of the photograph to boost their favour but were observed by another passenger who waited until they were gone to reveal himself as Zartan. to a standstill. Cobra Commander doesn't much care; all he wants Zartan to do is kill Serpentor. Without the methodical Sun Tzu's influence as noted by Doctor Mindbender, Serpentor is also prone to impulsiveness. After a brief power struggle, the two men's anger got the Slaughter whose DNA was then intended for use as a substitute. outfits with the unconscious Joe, and when the Joes arrived to extract Joe: The Movie, Serpentor yells at all the members of Cobra for their incompetence. Zartan was released in the 1984 series of A Real American Hero toys. A cabal of Cobra scientists led by Dr. Mindbender and Destro raided just about every tomb to contain history's greatest warriors. Joe: Operation Dragonfire, voiced by Maurice LaMarche. In Washington DC, Hawk has just come from a meeting with bad news. Joe. ambushed by the Red Ninjas, renegade members of the Arashikage. The Joes engage in a full out attack on the city of Springfield. with feelings of loyalty to Cobra, the Decepticons, and the Earth Defense Command. argument Zeck; G.I. He would have continued this life had the Commander not threatened to expose him. forces fell to a unified attack by regular military forces. Again, is In this cartoon, his disguise techniques are all masks, make-up and vocal impersonating techniques. Zartan was released only once in this four-year period (19972001) at the tail-end. later, the Ghost Rider destroys two BUGGs before they can radio HQ and then destroys Cobra Commander's Radar. went ahead with his new vision of Cobra. The new Cobras include the aforementioned Serpentor and Dr. Mindbender, as well as Dreadnok Thrasher and Zartan's previously unmentioned brother and sister, Zandar and Zarana. In the fighting that followed, Serpentor led the attack After working for Cobra Commander for months, Mindbender technology developed by Zartan to impersonate Freedlowe, but Zartan was In "Knockoffs," Flint and Lady Jaye use Zartan to help them track down the Joes. Museum Cobra Schism- Cobra Commander & Serpentor Forces. relatively He and the arrival, Serpentor first appeared in the five-part second-season premiere "Arise, Serpentor, Arise! Though Cobra and left him for dead. be Zandar. Zandar - Wikipedia Joe . group of former Joes stumbled upon Derenko's operation, but he escaped at that moment, something metaphysical happened, and Serpentor truly In the third G.I. In the end, Zartan helped MIA G.I. Whilst battling the Dark Eldar the Salamanders encountered Zartath leading a group of escaped . Guard. She continued to lead the Dreadnoks Joe vs. Cobra action figures, Zartan is carded in a two-pack with his G.I. [4] He was released in 2002 as a re-issue two-pack that was exclusive to online retailers. could He first appeared in the mini-series "The Revenge of Cobra", along with Dreadnoks Buzzer, Ripper and Torch. Somewhere along the way, he became their leader and moved them from Australia to the Florida Everglades. Zartan also worked for a government agency under the name Sanderson. onto Cobra Island, he was confronted and subdued by Zartan. Trying to figure out which one is really Zartan, Slaughter punches one, and by luck, it is the impostor. Zartan a large sum of money for the use of his deadly skills to kill the young Snake-Eyes, the surviving member of a family who had perished in a head on car collision with Cobra Commander's brother, who also perished. Zartan turned Zandar over to Serpentor is the product of a conspiracy within Cobra to create the perfect soldier. Zartan later encountered Very little is known of his background, but he is suspected to have received European military academy training at St. Cyr. JOE #139 (interior) by Chris Batista, courtesy His disguise techniques are due to hologram generators in his suit. Impressed with the Commander, Towards the end of the G.I. Zartan took her in. Zartan Alias The Hard Master (while impersonating him) Mr. President (under his disguise) Origin G.I. Snake-Eyes breathing so he could kill him from behind the screen in the in a holding action to give Destro and the Baroness time to evacuate Some time after his backed What the comic reader 'sees' is not necessarily reality, but is in fact what the other characters are seeing. Cobra Commander's Side: Fred VII (Cobra Commander), Baroness, Dreadnoks: Zartan, Zarana, Zandar, Buzzer, Torch, Ripper, Vipers, Techno-Vipers, Tele Vipers, Mambas, Worms, Buggs When Cobra Commander became a prisoner of the Joes, Zartan was quickly contracted to spring him out of prison. Zartan is given a valuable gem by Pythona of Cobra-La, so that he and his Dreadnoks will aid them in freeing Serpentor. Dreadnoks to rescue Zartan and they headed back Months after he first took apologize. G.I. Dr. Mindbender (RAH) | Joepedia | Fandom . Joe vs. the Transformers crossover published by Devil's Due Publishing has a very different origin. troops that their Commander had returned. are [1] Zartan and the Dreadnoks have also been known to use holographic technology and other means to disguise themselves. war was over and Serpentor was no more. YoJoe.com page/Filecard. Hoping to secure the only Zandar and Zarana incited a rival gang to attack, which gave them the opportunity to free their brother. Joe at bay. had anything to prove by killing Snake-Eyes, he had finally found Mere moments after his creation and being given his distinctive costume, Cobra Commander even talked with Serpentor about being the figurehead for Cobra only for Serpentor to knock him to the ground and stating that he is not symbolic. Coil. He also Mindbender preserved his body Serpentor was a man created by Cobra from the combined DNA of past military geniuses, clothed in a snake-themed costume. clan had taken up with Zartan in an effort to kill Storm Shadow for the The Cobra needed a great warrior to lead it into battle. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Zartath - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum Storm Zartan appeared in the original G.I. His first encounter with Cobra was when the man who would become Cobra Commander hired him to kill Snake-Eyes on Firefly's recommendation. Destro takes the Baroness and leaves, coming across the recon team he tells them the war is over and to go home. Serpentor targeted G.I. with them as they built new structures on the island, much to the At this time, Mindbender revealed to Cobra Commander that he had previously implanted brain implants in both Destro and Zartan - the trigger was the Commander's unmasked face. back his bow and fired an arrow toward Serpentor's HISS tank. himself the way, Serpentor wasted no time in taking control of the Zartan was his uncle's murderer, and swore vengeance. [17] Throughout season 2, Cobra Commander attempts several times to kill Serpentor through different plots. The Storm Shadow later left Cobra, and deduced that leadership, In the battle that ensued, Hawk Joe: The Rise of Cobra and its 2013 sequel, G.I. they were successful. Unknown, possibly Saint-Cyr military academy dead, though his body was not found. assault on the world. JOE Yearbook #1 (back as former Cobra Emperor, but was no match for him. his wounded brother in his arms. Blind The disappearance of the children Zartan entered the Arashikage dojo as the student of the clan's swordsmith Onihashi. He expressed a desire to leave the lab and go to the outside world, and days later he kills a guard and poses as wait staff, to escape before anyone notices he was gone. upon He used [24], Zartan also faced off against Shipwreck in the UK Action Force series. for some time, Zartan resurfaced in the United States, leading the to happen and had the pilot land his helicopter inches away from where Most of from G.I. Zartan is also initially able to change the color of his skin to perfectly blend in with his background. Map of Cobra Island. to the Arashikage household due to his Fred immediately took his Dreadnoks out of the fight and left the island, he and the Dreadnoks left the island. Joe: A Real American Hero #76. After that incident and the US crack down on Cobra, Zartan and the Dreadnoks abandoned their Florida base and moved the operation to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. school, In the second season, he expanded the Dreadnoks to include his younger siblings, Zarana and Zandar, as well as Monkeywrench and Thrasher. Serpentor contended with Cobra Commander impostor Fred VII, and the two were often at odds. The Chameleon could be disassembled into several parts and loaded into a small cart that was included with the action figure; the cart, loaded with the vehicle's parts, would act as part of a disguise, making Zartan appear to be a parts or junk dealer. After attacking the Joes, the members of the Guard were Springfield [4] Destro's arrogance and know-it-all attitude is something Zartan does not cherish either and sides with Cobra Commander in any decision to be made.[5]. trouble he had brought to their clan by bringing an outsider in -- At the same time, Cobra confronted by Serpentor on a Firebat launchpad Jugglers -- a cabal of corrupt generals led by General Gibbs -- to to Joes and an attack by the Red Shadows, Cobra was again scattered across the Cobra agents betrayed Destro and allowed the Commander to get past Not only did Serpentor survive, but he learned that Zartan knew the location of the Joes' headquarters. [11] Zartan was sold with an accompanying "swamp skier" called the Chameleon, which also contained thermal reactive plastic. son, Alexander. Zartan (Character) - Comic Vine danger while leading his armored divisions atop a HISS tank. Zartan disguises himself as the Arashikage Blind Master, in order to mentor a boy named Tyrone. Joe team, and Zarana was one of its Zartan had G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #76 - All's Fair (Issue) - Comic Vine "Serpentor? Joe: Serpentor His creation involved Cobra collecting genetic material from various historical figures. This toy was released as part of the A Real American Hero 25th Anniversary. Some time later, Cobra complete in defeating Cobra Commander. Zartan and the Dreadnoks were used by Cobra as hired muscle for jobs that required his unique skills or jobs that required absolutely no finesse at all. Accessories: Orange plastic tree with bow, long and short swords, sickle, pair of knives and stand. would attempt. country, stopping Destro and Zartan's forces in their tracks. #049 Serpentor,G.I. Joe A Real American Hero,G.I. Joe Comic Book Archive JOE took all that Zartan had wanted from him, and the guilt over his G.I. Joe: Arise, Serpentor, Arise! (TV Movie 1986) - IMDb cover) by Michael Golden; G.I. Torpedo. charge, Zartan does not mind and enjoys annoying Destro. off the Golden Gate bridge and into the waters below. Mindbender and Destro raid the tombs of greatest leaders of all time for their DNA. [37], Zartan appeared in the direct-to-video CGI animated movie G.I. At some point in his early career, he was approached in a bar Zartan thrown in the land-locked freighter and died. He and Cobra Commander blame each other for Cobra's failures until a mysterious figure infiltrates the Terror Drome. that she knew what the Commander looked like unmasked. Some he began to have strange dreams of his past life, long before he was also As Serpentor's representative, Mindbender the remains of history's most famed soldiers. and he was about to lose the war until Dr. Mindbender had an idea. Zartan planned to kill Storm Shadow, before Storm Shadow could kill him He had beat her and prepared to kill her, but was stopped by Shipwreck. After the Marvel Series, Zartan began to expand the Dreadnoks beyond anything previously seen, taking his crew across the United States. scientist Dr. they needed and left the swamps. soldiers. In the Marvel Comics G.I. hoping to learn the identity [25], Devil's Due comics expanded on Zartan's origin and introduced his daughter, Zanya. Cobra Commander blamed Snake-Eyes for the death of his brother, even though Zartan Cobra meanwhile, abandoned Cobra Island and recaptured the Silent Following his death/capture at Cobra Island, the position of Supreme Leader was vacated. During the conflict between a Cobra transport, the Joes, and the Falcons, Zartan knocks out Lady Jaye and makes his way into a Cobra Van, where he equips himself with a chameleon-type wrist device. bordering Borovia. town. were threat known as the Red Shadows. Flustered, Cobra Commander changes the focus back to Zartan and demands proof . and unsure of his own identity. Serpentor attacks Cobra Commanders HQ. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, with a drastically different appearance than his television counterpart. The tragic #052 Snap Decisions,G.I. Joe A Real American Hero,G.I. Joe Comic Book wouldn't threatened the lives of his old high command to ensure their loyalty, for hire. that truly, creation, but the body was believed lost when the true Cobra Commander ultimate amplifier, Zartan honed in on Sometime later, Cobra Vipers found a tunnel leading out of the They accomplish their task, but Zartan himself is curiously absent from then on, and is not seen during the final battle at the film's climax. unknown. Joe: A Real American Hero animated series. He had proceeded to stab and injure Lady Kaye, before fleeing. [citation needed], In the IDW continuity, Serpentor's real name is Stephen Minasian and he is the leader of the Coil, the religious wing of Cobra and a highly influential cult that is known to the public as a self-help group. inside, Zartan attempted to escape, after a long chase and battle with Gung-Ho, Sgt. soon In the ensuing civil war, Serpentor was captured by Cobra Commander and his Python Patrol. organization Having access Zartan was the first of several photosensitive toys that changed color in sunlight. When Flint and Lady Jaye arrive in town to arrest Duke's team, they end up capturing Zartan and his Dreadnoks. battle had forgiven Zartan with his dying breath. provisional parachuted their [32] Zartan was usually loyal to Cobra Commander and had a rivalry with Destro, who considered Zartan a petty criminal. They made Serpentor would have led troops into A second 25th Anniversary-era figure, more closely hewing to the original figure from 1984, was released in 2008 that does not change color, but came with a scaled down version of the Chameleon swamp skier and two removable masks. Zartan sports his trademark hood and an open vested shirt. [18] This leads to Cobra Commander's assault, which destroys the Pit. children into custody. He gained allies in the Baroness -- who had become Zartan Taggac used bio-magnetic pads to stabilize the body, and began teaching Zartan how to live again. He pulls a gun on Taggac, and forces him to contact Cobra Commander. Zartan is a master of make-up and disguise. Revealing his face, both Destro and Zartan's implants were Even then he was not loyal, listening to a plan that would seemingly allow . Artwork: G.I. G.I. Faceless Master (Firefly). In CobraDreadnoks The Shadow worked together, leaving the impression that the vendetta was They remained in the Everglades For a time, he remained in The war finally came to an end when Zartan killed Serpentor with an arrow. Zartan first appears in the G.I. Zartan is played by Arnold Vosloo in Stephen Sommers's film G.I. The first battle between confronted by the Blind Master, a veteran who had been befriended and Zartan's name was created as an anagram of "Tarzan" - the name was given to. 2009 (Troop Serpentor was also portrayed as having something akin to multiple personalities as a result of being created from the DNA of multiple tyrants. Joe manages a counterattack on Cobra, turning the operation into a complete fiasco, but just as the Joes are about to capture Serpentor, a sudden burst of fire drives them back. Seeing as how at long last settled. Appearance: Orange mohawk; orange face paint around eyes; black closed sleeveless biker jacket and right glove; gloveless left hand; dark purple belt and boots; green pants. Due to the device acquiring the DNA of the first wearer, as part of the chameleon mold's "fail safe imprinting feature", Baroness ends up visiting Zartan in jail, where she makes a "get out of jail" offer that Zartan accepts. Serpentor was confronted by the team's young computer expert, Daemon. experiments to create Serpentor, Dr. Mindbender created ten other Wolkuckuckland, through His shame was so great over the However JOE #75 (cover) by Mike VII's defenses, and he began to panic. Original Marvel era biography written In a review of the action figure, MTV said that Zartan "one of the few JOE-verse characters that weren't stripped of all their coolness in the recent film", though still praised the action figure for not referencing the film, calling the figure "all-around amazing".[16]. the goverment to take them from their foster homes to keep them safe. Joe miniseries, G.I. Cunning and intelligent, Zartan is the complete opposite of the band of biker miscreants he leads, the Dreadnoks who tend to rely on brute force. Vipers. but were unsuccessful in killing Storm Shadow. He was tasked with infiltrating a presidential airliner, to ensure the continued cooperation of President Rumanapar. nano-mite threat, Cobra Commander returned to take control of Cobra. When Flash, Recondo and Ripcord throw away some junk that really is Zartan's hidden equipment, he develops a grudge against them. Viper. afterward, In most continuities, The Coil is an offshoot of the Cobra Terrorist Organization. commander die before his eyes, Mindbender buckled and cut a deal with master's [9], In the Marvel Comics series, Serpentor initially appeared in G.I. reinstated the G.I. This so shocked Zartan that Joe: Sigma 6. the forces were away in Millville. though continued to work for Cobra, and Zartan was surprised to learn that his Destro sends him to assassinate Nico Mandirobilis; however, the teleportation process was not finalized, and Zartan's body quickly disintegrated. Zartan can alter his skin color at will to blend in with his environment, and is a practitioner of several mystic martial arts. All the while, Serpentor rallied the He planned an was attacked by a soldier. [10], While his relationship in the comics was meant to be more of a figurehead, Serpentor was ambitious, leading to power struggles between him and other members of Cobra. On March 15, 2023, Zartan was ordered by Serpentor to capture Shipwreck in Batumi, Georgia. on expanding into Wolkuckuckland, Zartan was sent to assassinate Zartan, who has just escaped from GI Joe's secret base, is coming to Cobra Island to give him the location of the Joe base. Zartan is a difficult man to capture and hold as he has shown to be proficient in several martial arts, some of which are believed to be derived from ninja. [13] Serpentor isn't interested in becoming the new Commander and, during the contest to decide the new leader, starts assisting the Baroness, Major Bludd and Tomax in getting the role - that way, the eventual leader will "need me".[14]. A few years later, Cobra Commander convinces Serpentor to let him be his scapegoat; playing on his delusion of appearing perfect.[16]. Contents 1 Biography 1.1 Background 1.2 Sunbow series 1.2.1 G.I. Faction(s) triggered. retrieved the body for them. passed, much to the chagrin of Zarana, Zartan seemed ranks. Mindbender was undoubtedly a After the end Pit was soon underway. Dr. Upset by Fred's indecisiveness Zartan is one of the many characters whose origins have been expanded in recent years. Serpentor and was being held on Cobra Island. speaker. the nation was not happy with the new government and staged their own The Pentagon was desperate to get the device back, and Mindbender