It was available on a lease-only basis. They came with both manual and automatic transmissions. had a single problem. The issues they did have were easy fixes.. As for the vortec I always remember an older ex-chevy mechanic I went to school with saying as soon as they added the "vortec" in front of it, expect to pay an extra $300 on what you would pay if you did the same on a older 4.3L like I had.. Yea I want it pretty bad but if I can't get him to come down I don't think it's worth it At first I wanted a vortec cause they look bad as under the hood but I'd rather have something easy to work on and cheaper to fix and less computerized. $355,000. Extended-cab models also have a 6-foot bed but are offered with either 2WD or 4WD. thats the thing he doesnt remember how bad it was because he bought it already fixed a number of years ago, but h said it wasnt enough damage to scare him off so i dont htink it was to bad. With this, Chevy used exceptional engines without the burden of weight and size of its more powerful counterparts. capacity Seating 3 seats Drivetrain Type: rear. I baby her though lol, ive only done regular routine maintenance like oil changes, clean the k&n air filter, fuel filter, transmission and coolant flush. This can cause transfer case fluid to leak out of the switch. Vehicle OverviewChevrolets compact pickup truck sees only a handful of changes for the 2003 model year, including a new fuel-injection system for its 4.3-liter V-6 engine. All our transmissions are 100% Guaranteed! Find aused certified pre-owned Chevroletfor sale. Similar to most of the S10s specifications, the wheelbase varies from one model to another. If you can settle up around 1100 that'd still be pretty reasonable. It can also cause transfer case fluid to travel up to the engine from the vacuum line, and this line is connected to the HVAC system. Since it is compact, it is easier to drive, especially in a city. Seating choices include bucket seats, a three-place front bench in either vinyl or cloth and a split front bench with a folding center armrest. Meanwhile, the second version retained most components but had minor improvements, including a third crew cab version. | #910520139. Chevy 2003 Cavillier..My check engine light just came on., Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC, 4 replies VW pros and cons, Volkswagen, 26 replies Is a 1992 Chevy Silverado V8 5.7 gas Engine a match for 1990 GMC Suburban, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC, 6 replies OnStar: Chevy nearing 100% engine & transmission reliability, Automotive, 22 . The seats and door panels get new cloth trim. I have Off-roaders will want the burly ZR2 package with its wider track and taller ride height, featuring special wheel flares, tough suspension components, aggressive rubber and 3.73 rear-axle ratio. Despite a low-height windshield, visibility is super, helped by huge side mirrors. The problem with parcel taxes is property owners are taxed a flat amount, regardless of whether they're homeowners, owners of a mall, or owners of a $20 million office building. It's a pleasure to drive. I'm currently dealing with a crackd flywheel. Sporty exterior packages attract younger buyers. Read on to learn more about the Chevy S10, including its specs and features, as well as its pros and cons. 1,539 sqft. If the S10 wont start after sitting for a few hours or more, try turning the key to the ON position, and then turn the key to the OFF position. But I've learned to cope. The company sold it in Asia, New Zealand, and Australia. How many miles and what was the body damage? We take pride in our business and maintain the highest levels of quality and ethical work practices. Feb 29, 2008. Other versions during the vehicles first generation were Sonoma GT, Typhoon, and Syclone. Jeff Smith has had a passion for cars since he began working at his grandfather's gas station at the age 10. 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pros and Cons Member1936 This one has the "Xtreme" styling package: low profile tires, 2 in suspension drop w/sport suspension, ground effects package. Have questions about warranties or CPO programs? A great little truck for brand new 16 year olds. About the Chevy S10 Truck . Your email address will not be published. It has bucket seats, red and black piping door inserts, and a center console. type of car you're interested in and then select a used car from our massive database to This will also cause the vent doors to not open, close, and move as directed, and it can break the HVAC control unit if fluid gets inside. I have a 161,000 miles on it and it feels just as strong as when I bought it. When full, the battery ran for 2.5 hours. Check back with us soon. Meanwhile, the 4.3L L35 engine produces 195 HP. The heat works really well in the winter. The heat works really well in the winter. Cranking the engine without readily available fuel will cause extended cranking. i dunno if it had a good clean title what do you think it would be worth? My 2003 S10 Extended Cab is the perfect vehicle for me. During the Arab oil embargo in the 1970s, manufacturers felt the pressure to develop more efficient cars. Similar to the ZR5 Sport, this is another high-performance version. Dr. Robert J. Cons is a Internist in Huntington Park, CA. Is it better to lease or buy a car? Extended cabs are available in Base trim this year, and LS models have revised exterior moldings. For those who find the traditional S10 design boring, the ZRT Sport is a notable upgrade. S-10 brand manager Debra Kelly-Ennis says, "It's a durable, rugged pickup, yet it has comfortable carlike qualities." Inspect the electrical connector for transfer case fluid or oil-based fluid. Its a good little truck for beginners. On average, the trucks version with a regular cab has a fuel economy of 22 mpg for city driving. Compared to larger trucks with more powerful specifications, it catered to people on a budget. 2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Overall Satisfied . you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find When four-wheel drive (4WD) is activated, an encoder motor electronically shifts the transfer case to 4WD and presses a vacuum switch at the top of the transfer case that sends vacuum to the front differential. I love the way the truck runs and drives; it has amazing comfort and reliability when it comes to a truck. It's very light, weighing about 10 pounds, and its high-efficiency aluminum core cools extremely well, even in an A/C-equipped truck. I found that you really don't need a full size truck to accomplish 99.9% of the work that a regular family requires. Also new for '00 are improvements to the exhaust system, manual transmission, and antilock braking system. The pickup truck has a low height, 16-inch wheels, ZQ8 suspension, sway bars, and an aggressive body. it has 157,000 on it . While it is generally good, there are also some drawbacks: What makes the S10 a great truck? Below, well list down some of its most notable benefits: Despite the good things, the Chevy S10 has several drawbacks, including the following: The Chevrolet S10 is a compact and affordable truck. I have the 4cyl and 5spd. What's new Performance and durability enhancements have been made to the engine, exhaust. For a regular cab short bed, the wheelbase is 108.3 inches. The regular cab version has two doors. Cons Spotty build quality, inferior-grade interior trim, low seating positions, poor crash-test scores. Pros Fast, very good looking truck with a solid vortec engine with lasted me over 200,000 miles maybe more if I didn't sell it due to the horrible mpg. The truck also offers modern connectivity options to meet the needs of modern drivers. Air conditioning and a tachometer are standard. JavaScript is disabled. 80 Huntington St SPC 164, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. Its bumpers and grill have the same colors as the body. 4.3L Vortec ICV and TPS Failure. The 4.3 v6 has more than enough power. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make Meanwhile, the 4.3L V6 engine has 165 HP. Common Problems on the 2009-20 Nissan 370Z, Common 7th Gen 2013-19 Nissan Sentra Problems, Got Wheel Wobble? This truck is a great buy. Crew Cab 44 models have a 4.5-foot bed. what are the pros and cons to both? The Xtreme Sport Suspension Package imparts a low-rider look with a ride height thats 2 inches lower than normal. Check back with us soon. Used Ford Transit Connect Passenger Wagon 2012, Best Ford Bronco Lease Deals in Jackson, MS, New Audi Q5 Sportback for Sale in Meadville, PA, Best Lincoln Corsair Lease Deals in Odessa, TX, Used Mercedes-Benz 600-Class in Shelbyville, KY, New Hyundai Santa-Fe-Plug-In-Hybrid for Sale in Flushing, NY, New Ford Ranger for Sale in Enterprise, AL, Used GMC Sierra-Classic-2500 in Roscoe, IL, Used BMW Activehybrid-X6 in Fort Collins, CO, Used Mazda Mazdaspeed-6 in Mechanicsburg, PA, New Ford Escape for Sale in Marshfield, MA, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. During the 2002 model year, a Flame/Heat decal was added to the Xtreme models and a ZR5 Sport Appearance Package became available for the Crew Cab trucks. GMCs Sonoma is closely related to the S-10. Pre-owned Chevrolet S-10 models are available with a 2.2 L-liter flex-fuel (FFV) engine or a 4.3 L-liter gas engine, with output up to 190 hp, depending on engine type. After graduating from Iowa State University with a journalism degree in 1978, he combined his two passions: cars and writing. It doesn't make it easy for a taller passenger because of the bench seat. While we'd pick an extended cab LS Sportside with the V6 and a five-speed, this truck rides sports-car firm and handles superbly any way you package it. Can You Drive a Long Distance With a Plugged Tire? Occasional squeaks and rattles and the low-buck interior don't provide the feeling of brawny quality that we've experienced in the S-10's major competitor, Ford's Ranger. They gave me a new, Daniel Q. said: I never write reviews but I felt obligated to make sure I wrote a. Two more engines were introduced a year after, 2.0L and 2.2.L, both of which had four cylinders. We have reviewed the best shocks for Chevy s10 so that you can make a purchase decision. Many people put down on the 2.2 4 cylinder but after nearly a year of putting mine through it's paces I love it. Domestic manufacturers felt the pressure to introduce highly-capable vehicles that come in small sizes. Read real discussions on thousands of topics and get your questions answered. What Does a Bad Wheel Bearing Sound Like? Now it's not going to win many straight line races but it definitely will get you to the finish line everytime with more money in your pocket from the gas you saved. The mileage though is a bit high. Maxfavor Front Rear Shocks for Chevy Blazer S10 Maxfavor shocks & struts exceed OEM standards, guaranteeing high performance of shock absorption and a long lifespan. [Silverado and Colorado], Chevy Truck Models Silverado and Colorado [10 Types]. We're sorry, our experts haven't reviewed this car yet. Due to the failure, the contact received a. Never left me stranded and has always fired right up like it's brand new. of torque in 4WD models). Cost to drive estimates for the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB (2.2L 4cyl naturally aspired 5M) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.28 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. Production was from 1997 to 1998, and only about 1,100 units were made. Like many Chevrolets, the S-10 is loaded with value, but we've never quite warmed up to it. It was designed to attract younger customers. We use cookies to personalize content, enable certain functionality, and track site analytics for marketing purposes. 08/23/2022 | 2003 Chevrolet S10 Crew Cab Has been a great truck Pros Yes Cons 3lights come on This truck was bought new my husband was the only driver to work and home use hauling. 1986-2023. 2003 Chevrolet Blazer KBB.com Consumer Reviews 4.0 Consumer Rating Based on 1,439 Reviews Write a Review 85 % Recommend this vehicle 5 41 % 4 32 % 3 14 % 2 9 % 1 5 % Value 4.1 Performance 4.2. Some of its select customers were the U.S. Air Force, Virginia Power, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, and Boston Edison. Very reliable and cheap to operate and let's face it with gas prices almost 5 bucks a gallon who could afford the gas gussying v6. New Car . 89.000 miles and still going strong! Find out their symptoms, causes and fixes as we explore the top problems on the 2nd generation of Chevy S10 trucks, also known as the Chevy S-10 or Chevy S-series. Chevrolets compact pickup truck sees only a handful of changes for the 2003 model year, including a new fuel-injection system for its 4.3-liter V-6 engine. Your email address will not be published. Very reliable and cheap to operate and let's face it with gas prices almost 5 bucks a gallon who could afford the gas gussying v6. who needs abs it is useless anyhowI think I have had one time this truck didn't start in 10 years..cause of the fuel relay..to me that is a dependable truck..the rest I can deal with. Extended cab trucks, newly available in Base trim, can be equipped with a handy access panel that opens wide to allow for easier access to the rear of the cab. 08/23/2022 | 2003 Chevrolet S10 Crew Cab Has been a great truck Pros Yes Cons 3lights come on This truck was bought new my husband was the only driver to work and home use hauling. Yes I have had some problemsdriver side seat lever snapped (pot metal design) I have had the ball joints replaced and the fuel relay. Interior Regular-cab models seat two or three occupants, extended cabs hold three or four people, and Crew Cabs are built for five passengers. The distributor is located near the firewall. Other design features include a tubular grill in the front, fuel tank and front differential shields, roll bar, Baja stickers, and Chevrolet windshield banner. To give you a better idea of the overall performance of the Chevrolet S10, this section briefly looks at some of its most important technical specs: The heart of any car, the engine, is crucial to the overall performance. There are minimal safety features, especially in the early models. I get compliments almost every time i drive it so thats a plus lol. Ask most people and they'll probably tell you No matter how you configure it, Xtreme stands out from the crowd with body-color grille and bumpers, front air dam with fog lamps, full ground effects with wheel flares, and unique 16-inch aluminum wheels wearing P235/55 blackwall tires. The interior and the exterior has held up very well.
What Is Alex Jones Wearing On The One Show Tonight, Nordic Murders Lisa Maria Potthoff, Rice University Volleyball Questionnaire, Articles OTHER