Difficult. They can vary in character easily, just like the waves in their mother's sea, they can be calm and collected and suddenly . -You may find yourself being drawn to certain foods, music, or other cultural artifacts associated with the orisha. Why Are Leprechauns Associated with Saint Patricks Day? Only then can you find your power and activate it. Orunla is also associated with St. Philip and St. Joseph. SEE ALSO: Addressing A Critique About Orisha Rulers of the Zodiac. Also known as the Wrath of the supreme god, Babal-Ays job is to punish individuals for their transgressions. QUIZ: Get 7/11 On This Brain Teasers Quiz To Prove You Know Book, Why A Low Voter Turnout is Detrimental to the 2023 Elections, Sunken Ships: The Elections May End, but My Uncle Will Remain Blocked, I Investigated the Most Dramatic Nigerian Election So You Dont Have To. Sign 2: You might also receive spirit . An emphasis is put on siblings within this house, properly represented by the twins along with short journeys and writings. Discover Your Orisa Identity - HoodooWitch How to pronounce Orisha | HowToPronounce.com This house deals with the unconscious and things beyond the physical plane. WHAT? Come to JESUS. Our Orisha are said to be the ones who watch over us and guide us through life, and it is said that it is through them that we receive our destiny. Here are a few tips: Who Are the Seven African Powers? - Otherworldly Oracle how to find your orisha quiz We have conquered another week! The heaven realm is the domain of Olorun, a sun god. Her favorite colors are white and blue. Moderate. The Head or Guardian Orisha Santeria Church of the Orishas . Oshun is also said to be the mother of the birds or fishes. Fall in love with a police officer and then tell him to go find the person who stole your wallet! Oshun is the orisha of love, beauty, and fertility. Obatala completed his construction of the bodies he created by adding heads to them. This could be in the form of symbols, colors, animals, or even people. Say Hello to our Music Culture Freelancer: Ashley Sankey! Music Culture: Magic City Classic Live Music Scene 2015, Fit Culture: Hallowen Edition- Make Trick or Treating a Workout. They have a great spirit of improvement, they are constant in the achievement of their goals, they are usually very intelligent, skillful and persuasive. Our Lady of Regla in Brazil may be linked to Her, and She is equated elsewhere in the Americas with the Virgin Mary as the Great Mother. Oya - OCCULT WORLD 'The Couch' is a Zikoko series featuring real life stories from anonymous people. Light Energy Passes Through The Earth For The Next 3 Days! Web Yemaya Yemaya is the orisha of the oceans and lakes as well as the patron of women and motherhood. Ibeji also represents duality and balance; the yin and the yang found within all life. This description can give you some insight into what this orisha represents and how they can help you in your life. As Orisha of love, Oshun is represented as a beautiful, charming and coquettish young woman. All rights reserved. if(ffid == 2){ Web There are two times when you can find out who your guardian orisha is. Pronunciation of oya orisha with 2 audio pronunciations. In Beyonce's Lemonade video, Beyonce so beautifully drops visual hints of her. She is considered either the sister of the Orisha of storms Shango, or one of His three wives, with Oshun and Oba. This represents the vastness of her motherhood. The Orisha Eshu is the ruler of the sixth house, the equivalent to the sign Virgo. Enter your email address to subscribe to The Gnostic Dread and never miss an update by receiving notifications about new posts by email! & PEOPLE is here to GALVANIZE a hunger for success, mental and spiritual wellness,spiritual freedom,a YEARNING for higher living, and a connection to The Most High God. Zikoko Ships is a Zikoko Original series where we invite two people who share a relationship to play the Zikoko card games. Embracing Spirituality is an educational blog sharing unusual, but fascinating spiritual experiences of the life of Metaphysics Teacher, Obara Meji, and how it all correlates to the spiritual journey of people around the world. Whichever method you use, be patient and be respectful your Orisha parents will eventually reveal themselves to you. Who Is My Orisha? Who is Your Head Orisha? - Asanee 44 - Asanee Coaching Services Each orisha embodies one of Olodumares divine qualities, and serves as a mediator between humanity and the Almighty. The Orishas are a group of spirits originating from Yorubaland, which is a region in Africa spanning Nigeria, Benin and Togo. If you are seeking to connect with your orisha, there are several things you can do. She is said to be nurturing and protective and is usually represented with blue or green colors. She is notably connected with feminine beauty, as well as interpersonal ties in general. The melting pot of life, love, sex, and nostalgia. Meditation: Take a Break from Adulthood & Reconnect with Childhood! Oshun is identified with Our Lady of Charity, a facet of the Virgin Mary concerned with hope and survival, especially regarding the sea. Her hues are red, green, yellow, coral, amber, and violet, and she may be represented by a peacock feather, fan, mirror, or boat.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'scuffedentertainment_com-box-4','ezslot_8',151,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-scuffedentertainment_com-box-4-0'); Oya is the god of the dead and is associated with ancestors, graves, and the wind. This house deals with communication and the way you think and operate mentally. -You may feel a physical or emotional response when you are near objects or places associated with the orisha. This destructive clearing makes room for vibrant new growth. Just tell us who you are to view your results ! Subscribe for new blog posts notifications. BLACK MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH: Change Your Mindset- Invest in Life Experiences, Not Material Things! The Orisha of marriage and personal transformation is Oba. Craft Culture: Halloween Arts & Crafts Fun for All! Usually the godparent will use the shells of Elegba or the orisha they are initiated to and will sometimes ask another priest or priestess to do the reading for neutrality. Take the quiz and see. Offerings to Oya include eggplants, coins, red wine, and cloth. ins.id = slotId + '-asloaded'; Meditation: The Year of The Grind Revisited, Meditation Monday: How to Recover Your Equilibrium After Sudden Death, Meditation Monday: A Decree of Virtue for the New Millennial Woman, LIfe: Old School Love vs New Millennial Love. Designed by medical experts with top-quality materials for a difference you can feel. QUIZ: Can You Identify These Popular Cartoon Villains From Their Pictures. QUIZ: Which Housemate From BBNaija 2019 Is Your Soulmate? The Serpent: Enemy of Man, Or Enlightener Of Man? Black People and Complesxion Issues: How Deep Do The Go? -You may feel a sudden urge to learn more about the orisha and Yoruba culture. Although he used to resemble a human (as do other orishas), Osain has now lost an arm, leg, ear, and eye, with the remaining eye located in the middle of his head like a Cyclops. Heighten Your Sexual Connection Thru Meditation! By. Web Given below is amazing how to find my Orisha quiz that will tell which orisha represents your personality. She goes forth with Her husband during His thunderstorms, destroying buildings, ripping up trees, and blowing things down. They are known as Orishas. Each individual is said to have their own personal orisha, known as their iyin (destiny). Olodumare gave in and restored the water to the world, and the peacock changed into a vulture. In the Brazilian religion of Candombl, which retains close ties with the Yorb religion, as well as in Cuban Santeri, She is called Oxum. Since his transcendent mixtape, Outside, the afro-fusion star has refused to get his foot of our necks dropping a string of fantastic singles and then capping it all off with his career-best album, African Giant. Run outside and say, "There's no place like home!" Think of a way to turn it into a musical, or write a poem about storms. #MeditationMonday Introducing: Mantra My Mess Away- The Series! INCREASE YOUR COMPATIBILITY THRU MEDITATION! Orunla is most popularly identified with St. Francis of Assisi, for unknown reasons. Through real experiences, Embracing Spirituality answers some of life's most difficult questions of the unknown. var ins = document.createElement('ins'); LIFE: New Millennial Entreprenuers- Do They Date or Do They Play? Take this quiz and well tell you for free. Imbolc is one of the eight Sabbats along the Wheel of the Year marking the early signs of the [], I saw a post today of someone asking if people believe in Free Will or Destiny. Whose child am I? - AboutSanteria One Love. Life Force Energy: Is Someone Draining Yours? Obatala is often seen as the father figure of the orishas and is said to represent purity, wisdom, and peace. He is known as the omnipotent ruler of the Yoruba pantheon, whose light brings life and vitality to all living things. Her name is a contraction of the Yoruba words Yeye omo eja which means Mother whose children are like fish. QUIZ: Can You Match These States to Their Geo-Political Zones in 3 Minutes? Vivamus pellentesque vitae neque at vestibulum. For years, Nigeria has faced a decline in voter turnout. Web Read Painter of the Night manga - Painter of the Night manhwa - Painter of the Night yaoi Na-kyum is a young painter with an exceptional Lim Kok Thay has stepped down as chairman CEO and executive director of Genting Hong Kong. When you move closer, you will know the character better. The ninth house is the house of philosophy and is ruled by the philosopher Sagittarius. Pete Edochie, Patience Ozokwor, Chiwetalu Agu or Segun Arinze? Take this 2023 elections quiz, while we await the results. Orisha is a term used to describe deities that are venerated in the Yoruba religion. One Piece Quiz. You must first learn to see your femininity as your superpower. What happens when a group of chatty young Nigerians talk about things they're passionate about? Here's a rabbit hole of stories to lose yourself in: Get to know more about the clique behind your favourite content. I can say my week has been interesting and purposed filled. These quizzes can be found online, and they will ask you a series of questions about your personality, your preferences, and your beliefs. This is a very special and sacred relationship, so its important to take it seriously. How to Find Out Your Guardian Orisha the Proper Way!JOIN MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love hacks, and a 15 minute consultation!https://www.patreon.com/Adunola@AdunolatheoracleThis was created because I see so many going around attesting that they are a child of a particular Orisha, but have not had an official proper ceremony done to determine who their Head Orisha is. This is a place where you can go to connect with them and receive their guidance. Instead, he is consulted via various divination techniques. Holistic Health: How to Protect and Boost Mental Health. Quisque iaculis facilisis lacinia. lo.observe(document.getElementById(slotId + '-asloaded'), { attributes: true }); If youve been called by an orisha, its important to know the signs so that you can properly respond. What would you do if I told you I needed to bury a body? Religion vs. Can I Eat Eggs Over Medium While Pregnant? How do they spend? So, when such an orisha chooses you or is trying to contact/work with you, how would you know? He also constructed the bodies of humans. Orisha 1 are spirits that play a key role in the Yoruba religion of West Africa and several religions of the African diaspora that derive from it such as Cuban. Yemay's children are willful, fighters, strong and determined. Ignoring Your Spiritual Calling Heres What Happened to Me, Valuable Things You Should Know Along Your Spiritual Path, Why Some Spiritual Charms Work and Others Do Not, 2023 Spirit Prophecies A Financial Prank, Monarchies, and Revolution, When Spiritual People Are Called To Power The Reality of the Awakening, Spiritual Blockages in Your Way and How to Remove Them, Ever Feel Like Youre Being Watched? Sign 1: First and foremost, you will be thinking about your ancestors, a lot. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'classifiedmom_com-box-4','ezslot_8',113,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-classifiedmom_com-box-4-0'); Your orisha mother is the orisha who is responsible for your protection and well-being. Do you know the geo-political zones of all the states in Nigeria? Yoruba Orishas, Beings, and Spirits Quiz - By tflexer23 - Sporcle The presidential elections are finally over and contrary to popular belief, the Naira scarcity is still here. Olorun had two sons, Obatala and Oduduwa, who helped him develop the features of the Earth. If youre the type that makes noise when a suspense-filled show is happening on TV, this quiz will fish you out. They make our lives fuller, bringing us balance on the scales of Libra. He is also the only orisha in the New World who does not manifest through possession (although it does sometimes happen in Africa). Long distance Godparents. How to Find Out Your Guardian Orisha the Proper Way! Well, if youre curious to know the answer, then this is the quiz for you. The eleventh house of the Zodiac is ruled by the planet Uranus and the sign Aquarius. Mental illness almost destroyed her, yet here she is fighting back and teaching you all the things she has learned along the way. Obatala, the father of all the Orisha, would therefore be the Orisha ruler. My Work: I Host NAACP's Montevallo & Shelby County Chapter's Black History Event: Unheard Hero's, LCP's Tribe of Queens, Ladies Night Out: Fifty Shades Darker, A Memoir: Encountering Sister Souljah- Prt 1, Memoir: An Introspective Look at 31 Years of Life. QUIZ: Can You Match These Slogans to the Right Political Parties, QUIZ: Start a Podcast and Well Guess How Chaotic You Are, QUIZ: Choose Between Foods, and Well Reveal Whats Stressing You. They can live for thousands of years, and some say they are even immortal. I am interested in following the Path of Orisha, what do I do about it Life & Relationships: Exes- Dangers of Communicating with the Past, Plagiarism: Modern Day Love & Relationships. This house is associated with self undoing and confinement. For more personality quizzes check this: Louis Tomlinson Quiz. African Heritage: The Strength of The African Mind, SINGLEDOM: How to Avoid Settling for "Substitutes" While Dating. Oshun in a reading indicates sweetness and good cheer, beauty and flowing joy. 2023 Fish. I earn a small commission from any purchases made through these links to help support the platform. She is associated with the mermaid-spirits of Lasirenn (Herself a form of Erzulie) Who brings seduction and wealth, and Labalenn, Her sister the whale. #DEACTIVATED. When an orisha is invoked, it is said that they mount the individual, which means that they enter into and possess the person. You can also find these quizzes in books about Santeria or in magazines that focus on African spirituality. Oshun was taught divination with cowrie shells by Obatala, the first of the created Orishas, and then She brought the teaching to humans. She is said to be able to cure infertility in women, and cowrie shells represent Her wealth. Snails, particularly large African land snails, or igbin, are a delicacy of Obatala. BACK TO SENDER IN 100 FOLD. !All of the above Goddesses are super badass so I would like to believe I carry a piece of them all withinme. Our Lady of Charity is also the patron saint of Cuba, the birthplace of Santeria. Moving against it causes disharmony, therefore believers seek insight into their destiny and what they may be doing now that is contradictory to it. The fifth house of the Zodiac is the house of creativity and pleasure, ruled by the sign Leo. JOIN MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love. Web i list all the questions required to find out your orisha.. If you are still unsure about which orisha is your guide, you can always consult with a priest or other spiritual leader who can help you to interpret the results of the quiz. Oshun is the Goddess of the river of the same name, and She is especially worshipped in river-towns. What can you do with the Santeria Orishas without being initiated? Hes also known to heal epidemics like small pox. Get notified of new Embracing Spirituality blog posts, class news, and more, DIY Rituals Gone Wrong: What Happens and What You Dont Know. Ori Orisha ~ Know Your Personal Orisha - Religion - Nigeria - Nairaland Finally, we can ask the Orisha directly. DEMETRIUS P. GUYTON: LIFE AFTER DRINKING HYDROCHLORICH ACID! Finally you can ask the Orishas themselves for help in finding your parents. If you are looking for an orisha quiz, in that location are many different websites that offering them. Assorted. Her mother is said to be Yemaya, the Great Sea Mother. Do you remember when I lost my virginity. Zikoko answers all your questions in this anonymous series. She does not easily lose Her temper, but when angered She can be quite destructive and violent, as the sea in a storm. Alternate names: Oya-ajere "Carrier of the Container of Fire," Ayaba Nikua "Queen of Death," Iya Yansan "Mother of Nine," Ayi Lo Da "She Who Turns and Changes," Oia, Yansa, Yansan. She is the source of all the waters, including the rivers of western Africa, especially the River Ogun. Run-ons, Comma Splices, And Fragments Quiz. HEALTH: Clean Your Gut- Rid Bacteria, Boost Your Immune System & Get A Flat Tummy! Copyright 2018 - 2023. For example, if you are experiencing difficulties in your love life, you might invoke the orisha Oshun, who governs love and relationships. . She is associated with the Orisha Olokin (Who is variously described as female, male, or hermaphrodite) Who represents the depths of the Ocean and the unconscious, and together They form a balance. How To Find Your Orisha - Wakelet Alternate spellings: Yemanja, Yemoj, Yemonja, Yemalla, Yemana, Ymoja, Iamanje, Iemonja, Imanje, Epithets: Achabba, in Her strict aspect; Oqqutte in Her violent aspect: Atarmagwa, the wealthy queen of the sea; Olokun or Olokum as Goddess of dreams. Say Hello to Fashion Guru: Jasmine Elle Howard! Also, you will find out which Orisha are you in this quiz. Below are Amazon Associate links to books that are relevant to the subject of this article. I'm all for diversity but it makes me scoff to think that out culture is being used without us being seen. There is a small ritual that is connected to this procedure. MUSIC CULTURE: "The Mighty Bison"- A.H. PARKER HIGH, ART CULTURE: Fall & Luminist Landscape Portraits, GAINING DEEPER SPIRITUAL CONNECTION THRU: MEDITATION. So, it is important to be open to the possibility that our Orisha parents may be different from our biological parents. This house deals with gaining pleasure through acts of creation, artistically and even procreation i.e. var container = document.getElementById(slotId); Meditation Monday Meets Beyonce's Call to Reform! This can manifest as a feeling of recognition, admiration, or even love. Jupiter, the king of the gods within the Roman pantheon is also the ruling planet of this house. Oya, who is an Orisha of a very fiery demeanor, also seems to have a far-flung connection with the Celtic Bride or Bridgit, both in Her Vodou counterpart Maman Brijit, and in Her associated Catholic saint, Our Lady of La Candelaria, whose feast day, February 2nd, is shared with Bride. Eshu is the Orisha that stands at the crossroads between the physical world and the spirit world. A pipe might potentially stand in for him. Read books, talk to elders, and find others who can help guide you on your journey. 80Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland. In the Yoruba tradition, it is said that we are all born with three parents: our biological mother and father, and our spiritual mother and father, who are our Orisha. Because our tutelary Orisha plays such an essential role in our lives, it is probably not surprising that the process of discovering the identity of our Orisha is a major ceremony in itself. Animal Sacrifice: An uninitiated in the Santeria religion should never do any animal sacrifice offering to the Orishas. The Yoruba associate the planet Saturn with Babal-Ay, the Orisha of disease and healing. Holistic Culture: Body Brush Your Skin to Silk, Stimulate Your Circulatory System, Rid Your Body of Toxins + More! March into Blackness- APPRECIATION. Are you still with me..? What Has the Naira Scarcity Cost Nigerians? LIFE: How is the Media Conditioning Your Children's Perception on Life & Relationships? The Yorb clans inhabit parts of western central Africa, in present-day Nigeria. Enjoyed reading this article? Sed purus sem, scelerisque ac rhoncus eget, porttitor nec odio. She is identified with Our Lady of Regla, the sailors protector. Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating and creating smart Orisha of Agriculture: Orisha of the Forest: Orisha of the Hunt: Orisha of Thunder and Lightning: Orisha of Wealth: Orisha of the Air: Orisha of the Sun and Moon: Orisha of Marriage: Orisha of Beauty and Love: Orisha of the Niger River, Magic, and Fire: Orisha of Mothers and the Ogun River: Orisha of the Animals of the Forest ins.style.display = 'block'; It symbolizes the acting self and how your personality appears to others. Start a podcast on this quiz and well let you know. In three different tarot decks I own, Card 13 (Death) is depicted as being female and also pregnant. In Haitian Vodou She is worshipped as a moon Goddess, and is believed to protect mothers and their children. Ready to play this 'which orisha am I' quiz? Trivia Quiz. Orisha Tradition: The Head Marking Ceremony Kalunga Healing Arts
What Happens When You Renounce Singapore Citizenship, Medjugorje Visionaries Wealth, Articles H