', She began her musical career as a member of Damien Rice's band. } const listenForTabClick = function (tabPrefix) { premium_content_redirect_url: premium_content_redirect_url, premium_content_by_class_name: "ep17pricing1", eventAction: 'change_cc', setTimeout(function () { return allPrices.concat(item); let bundles = []; meteredAccess: purchase.metered_paywall, return; } }); }; const hash = document.location.hash return key.indexOf('granted_by_') > -1; return 'home-delivery'; }); Sea Sew was nominated for the Mercury Prize on 21 July 2009. } } subscribeButton.classList.remove('-ghost'); [citation needed], Returning to Ireland, both Hannigan and Rice began to work together recording music, including songs like "Unplayed Piano" and "Once I Loved." purchase.original_start_at = purchase.start_at; FB.XFBML.parse(socialEmbed); } [65] She was the only solo artist nominated in more than one category at the awards. return; const urlHash = getUrlHash(); const subscribeButton = node.querySelector('[data-price_id="'+priceId+'"]'); if (window.Didomi) { setTimeout(function() { wallType: window.dataLayer[0].article.wallType, }, for (i = scripts.length-1; i >= 0; i--) { [33] She then began a tour of Ireland to finish the year. if (eventType === 'new_card' && isUpgrades) { }; Playing the open day on Saturday 5 May, the Snow Patrol frontman opened up with a new song, written backstage half an hour previously. }; // Reset the positions after the flatten. var label = "shopfront"; const bundleValue = getBundleValue(purchase, 'corporate_account'); Saturday 15 January 2022. template_premium_fadeout: "
", productClickSource = window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe ? }; let upgradesAvailable = false; 'home-delivery': 'fp_refresh_price_only', } Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Gary Lightbody & Lisa Hannigan. } ecommerce: { let addressCovered = false; const priceIdFromUrl = getQueryStringValue('priceId'); } params[pair[0]] = pair[1]; let previouslySelectedPriceId = getPriceSelected(localStorage.getItem('price.selected')) || getQueryStringValue('priceId'); The talented 26-year-old from Co Meath joined new boyfriend Lightbody for her first public appearance since her professional split with Rice, at the open day of the Oh Yeah music centre in Belfast last Saturday. document.cookie = subscriberCookieName + "= ; path=/;domain=" + domain + ";expires = Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT"; !subscriberCookie.subscriptionStatus ? label = 26445919 }; subscribeButton.click(); ecommerce: { return pathParts[pathParts.length - 1]; She was a featured vocalist for Damien Rice on two of his albums. selectedPrice._id) { } const getQueryStringValue = function (key) { Lisa Hannigan - Wikipedia return bundle._id === id; let userHasLoggedIn = false; } items_limit: sourceIsArticleMeter ? } if (badges.indexOf('featured') > -1) { if (event.detail.object.hasOwnProperty('granted_by_google_showcase')) { if (Object.keys(selectedPrice).length === 0) { } if (event.detail.object.hasOwnProperty('google_showcase_requested')) { 0. Lisa stepped in for "Get On The Road" recorded on the band's first record The Place We Ran From as a duet with She & Him singer Zooey Deschanel. : getPricesByBadge(); [10] The lead single, "Lille", was made available as a free Internet download and other tracks were available for preview on her Myspace page. Listen to "Some Surprise" from the album The Cake Sale, available from Yep Roc Records. } She toured with Rice as part of his band during that period,[5][7] lending vocal support and occasionally playing guitar, bass or drums.[5]. if (! } const expiryTime = 2; Some Surprise Gary Lightbody and Lisa Hannigan | Last.fm eventCategory: 'upgrade_flow', document.head.append(leafletScript); priceToDisplayBilledFrequency.style.display = 'none'; Also playing at the launch of the music hub, where actor James Nesbitt was among those checking out its facilities, were Belfast-resident James Walsh of Starsailor, Duke Special, Jetplane Landing, The Fools (nee Pat And Nipsy) and Burning Codes. vars.article.wallVisible = ! virtualPageViewData.eventData.user.wallType = 'paywall'; const eventName = { Lisa Hannigan, best known for being a Rock Singer, was born in Kilcloon, County Meath, Ireland on Thursday, February 12, 1981. Nina Persson) Vapour Trail (feat. if (badges.indexOf('btn-dark') > -1) { } else if (purchase.badge['premium'] && purchase.badge['premium'] == true) { It is a duet between Irish singer Lisa Hannigan and Snow Patrol frontman Gary Lightbody, written by Bell X1 frontman Paul Noonan.The song was performed live by the duo for the first and only time at the 2008 Meteor Awards.In addition the song featured on an episode of the popular . } else if (purchase.badge['premium-plus'] && purchase.badge['premium-plus'] == true) { In 2014, she voiced the character of Bronagh, the Selkie mother of the main characters in the animated film Song of the Sea, and provided several songs to the film's soundtrack. return; Lisa Hannigan) Too Many People (feat. template_summary_other_paymet_options: "

Other payment methods

>>other_payment_type<<
", const cookieData = getSubscriptionStatus(purchase); annual: tabPrefix + '-annual-prices-tab-trigger' return [selectedPrice]; badgeMap[tabPrefix + '-monthly-prices-tab-trigger'] = 'monthly'; base: { const getPricesByBadge = function () { if (node.id === 'template-prices-login-button') { Credit: Mick Hutson / Contributor. } const virtualPageViewData = { } window.dataLayer.push({ const badgeToFilterBy = badgeMap[tab.id]; } if (isUpgrades) { name: purchase.description, }); } }[tabPrefix]; return null; el.classList.add('-full'); The sister of Snow Patrol star Gary Lightbody has opened up on her tumultuous childhood relationship with the singer, but said the pair have never been closer than they are today. } template_metered_message_top: '
>>meter_items_used<>meter_items_limit<< >>meter_top_message<<
', const item = setPriceSelected(priceID); To help with Some Surprise (from The Cake Sale album) and a magnificent Set The Fire To The Third Bar, he was joined onstage by Lisa Hannigan, who had previously been Damien Rice's music partner. return null; document.cookie = subscriberCookieName + "=" + JSON.stringify(cookieData) + ';path=/;domain=' + domain + ';max-age='+cookieExpiryInSeconds; id: purchase.id items_used: accessObject.metered_paywall_items_used, window.dataLayer.push({ }); fn(); }); subscriptionStatus: '', ","articleBody":"She was Damien Rice\u0026#039;s muse and now it seems stunning songstress Lisa Hannigan, pictured below, has melted the the heart of Snow Patrol\u0026#039;s Gary Lightbody. } if (window.GTMLoaded === true) { } Gary Lightbody & Lisa Hannigan Photos (2 of 3) | Last.fm else { }) window.scrollTo(0, flipPayEl.offsetTop + (flipPayEl.clientHeight/2)); } else { //set expiry time for selectedPriceID. } return cookieValue; const disableRedirect = false; } Friday 14 January 2022. let userWall = 'none'; return now >= (latestFlipPayLoadTime + thresholdInMilliseconds); "Instead of me staring at a blank page I was bopping around to little bits of music that he sent me," she says. if (selectedPrice.delivery_days.length === 1 && selectedPrice.delivery_days.indexOf(6) > -1) { eventAction: 'change_cc', return item; if (priceA.badges['premium-plus'] && priceB.badges['premium']) { socialEmbed.innerHTML = ''; Photo of SNOW PATROL and Gary LIGHTBODY - Getty Images !fpblock) { const isCoupons = false; Hannigan also performed live with her own band, called The Daisy Okell Quartet and contributed guest vocals to the recordings of Mic Christopher, The Frames and Herbie Hancock. vars.article.userWall = ! }; [2][16] The single "Lille" was released in August 2008 on Irish and American radio stations. document.body.addEventListener('fp_user_event', function (event) { Log In

Subscribe today for unlimited access. vars.user.subscriptionStatus = subscriberCookie.subscriptionStatus || ''; childList: true, eventAction: badgeToFilterBy, if ((isShopFront || isUpgrades || isCoupons) && !disableRedirect) { updateSubscriberCookie({ localStorage.removeItem('price.selected'); const priceToDisplayBilledFrequency = el.querySelector('.fp-price-to-display-billed-frequency'); }); .map(function (price, index) { if ((!priceId || document.cookie.indexOf('guid') === -1) && !isHomeDelivery && homeDeliveryButtonCheck) { window.dataLayer[0].user.subscriptionStatus = 'gs_false'; selectedPrice._id) { if (! Music fans who came to the open day of the Oh Yeah music centre in Belfast were treated to a host of special performances, including an acoustic set from Gary Lightbody. } Your lips come as some surprise, That they would want to come and meet mine, They never taste like the last time, Your lips come as some surprise! subscriptionFinishDate: '1111-11-11T11:11:11Z', } card_expiry_style: stripeInputStyle, !gigyaID ? coupon_applied: couponCodeUsed(purchase) ? template_metered_logged_missing: '

unlock article

Complete your profile

Please add the remaining details to your profile and you can get back to reading your free story.

Complete my profile

Advertising helps us fund great journalism. const isGrantedBy = function (grant) { document.getElementById('welcome_banner_wrapper').style.display = "block"; [38], In 2009, a broadcast of Other Voices was recorded. const params = {}; } } eventLabel: 'load' if (faq) { } window.dataLayer.push({ Chords are C, F, G, Am throughout.\r\rYour lips come as some surprise\rThat they would want to come and meet mine\rThey never taste like the last time\rYour lips come as some surprise\r\rI was always a special child\rWith circuit boards for my insides\rAnd all I dreamed of was flying high\rSo your lips came as some surprise\r\rYour lips come as some surprise\rThat they would want to come and meet mine\rThey never taste like the last time\rYour lips come as some surprise\r\rI was never one of the boys\rThrowin shapes and power ploys\rIn your arms a warmth I did find\rIn your seat I did recline\r\rYour lips come as some surprise\rThat they would want to come and meet mine\rThey never taste like the last time\rYour lips come as some surprise\r\rNow that we've sat for a while\rYou showed me yours and I've showed you mine\rEven after all this time\rYour lips come as some surprise\r\rYour lips come as some surprise\rThat they would want to come and meet mine\rThey never taste like the last time\rYour lips come as some surprise } const ecommerceTransactionEvent = { }; const listenForFlipPayEvents = function () { bundle: bundleValue, gigyaID: getCookie('guid'), items_limit: accessObject.metered_paywall_items_limit, checkout: { dispatchEvent(new Event('reinitialize')); document.getElementById(selectedTabId).parentNode.classList.add('is-active'); const charCode = (evt.which) ? tour. console.log('observer.observe failed:', e); }); product.quantity = 1; } else if (accessObject.access === false) { const script = document.createElement('script'); vars.user.subscriptionFinishDate = subscriberCookie.subscriptionFinishDate || ''; subscriptionStatus: cookieData.subscriptionStatus, const tweetId = parseTweetIdFromUrl(tweetUrl); const leafletScript = document.createElement('script'); if (vars.article.wallType === 'registration') { purchase.coupon_applied : null, [19][20] In December 2008, she made her UK solo debut at St Johns Church in London. } else if ((node.classList && node.classList.contains('n-tabbed1')) || (node['querySelector'] && node.querySelector('.n-tabbed1'))) { window.dataLayer.push({ } The millionaire pop star admitted recently that despite his sexy image, he finds it hard to meet girls. monthly: tabPrefix + '-monthly-prices-tab-trigger', [33] Hannigan's song "An Ocean and a Rock" was used in a 2009 Irish video supporting same-sex marriage entitled "Sinad's Hand". successful_upgrade_redirect_url: 'https://member.independent.ie/', }; label: 'login', if (badges.indexOf('home-delivery') > -1 && !isHomeDelivery) { } if (selectedPriceRadioInput) { return 'shopfront'; subscriptionFinishDate: purchase.granted_by_purchase.finish_at, products: [purchasedProduct] const fireCheckoutEvent = function () { if (event.detail.object.access === true) { const activeTabId = tabs.querySelector('li.is-active a').id; template_confirmation: "

>>status<<

>>description<<

>>pin<<

Please confirm to access your content

OK
", var priceExpireExist = []; } show_spinner: true, window.location.hash = '#' + badgeToFilterBy; }; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; The album was released in the US and Canada on 20 September 2011, and on 7 October in Ireland and the UK. template_metered_register: '
unlock article

Register to read this story

Register and create a profile to get access to our free stories. } eventCategory: 'upgrade_flow', if (bundles.length === 1 && bundles[0].coupon_applied === true) { }; for (let i = 0, parts; (parts = cookies[i] && cookies[i].split('=')); i++) { } else if (selectedPrice.delivery_days.length === 1 && selectedPrice.delivery_days.indexOf(0) > -1) { event: 'ee-productImpression', } Lisa HanniganMick Flannery . setTimeout(function () { if ((typeof bundleExpires[priceId] != "undefined") || (badges.indexOf('featured') > -1 && labelText)) { virtualPageViewData.eventData.article.wallVisible = 'false'; }; expiry: now.getTime() + subscriptionwallPricesSelectedExpiry, userHasLoggedIn = false; window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe = false; window.dataLayer[0].user.meteredResetDate = meteredResetDate; Lisa Hannigan & Cake Sale - Some Surprise Request Chords 5:51 Taylor Swift and Gary Lightbody - The Last Time - Sacramento, CA Chords: D B Dm Bb G A Bm Am Gm 3:38 Lisa and Paul - Some Surprise Chords: C G Am F 4:18 Sea Song - Live in Toronto Request Chords 3:59 flipPayConfig = Object.assign(flipPayConfig, { const getBundleById = function (id) { } const pathParts = new URL(url).pathname.split('/'); const now = new Date(); if (['fp-card-number', 'fp-card-expiry', 'fp-card-cvc'].indexOf(element.id) === -1) { products: products.map(function (product) { badgeToUse = badge; price.addEventListener('click', function () { el.parentElement.classList.add('-bestvalue'); Gary Lightbody duets with Lisa Hannigan and Elbow frontman if (Array.isArray(event.detail.object.upgrade_prices) && event.detail.object.upgrade_prices.length > 0) { eventAction: 'auth', showPremiumBadge(plan); } : [], const urlParams = new URLSearchParams(urlQueryString); const flipPayScriptThresholdExpired = function () { const domain = '.independent.ie'; [57] Hannigan eventually left university to travel with Rice across Europe. el.querySelector('a[data-price_id]').href = el.querySelector('a[data-price_id]').href + '#monthly'; return product; Please try again', } subscriptionStatus: purchase.granted_by_app_purchase.sku_code, attributeFilter: ['class'], }); if (snackbar) { return badgeTextEl.innerHTML.split(',').map(function (text) { } virtualPageViewData.eventData.user.subscriptionStatus = 'gs_true'; document.querySelectorAll('[data-'+namespace+']').forEach(function (el) { if (urlParams.has('gaa_at') && urlParams.has('gaa_n') && urlParams.has('gaa_ts') && urlParams.has('gaa_sig')) { DETAILS. subscriptionStartDate: purchase.granted_by_purchase.original_start_at, } onboarding_article = 'https://subscribe.independent.ie/welcome/premium/'; document.getElementById('flip-pay').classList.remove('fp-prevent-html-replace'); step: 1 if (badgeElement) { The pair gave fans 'Some Surprise' with a magnificent version of the song from The Cake Sale album and Snow Patrol's Set The Fire To The Third Bar. priceExpireExist[prices[key]['id']] = Date.parse(prices[key]['active_to']); fireProductClickEvent(function () { let upgrade_bundles = []; const purchase = event.detail.object; const bundleValue = getBundleValue(purchase, 'app_purchase'); setPriceSelected(selectedPrice._id); (function () { Josh Ritter) Last Leaf (feat. if (tabs) { Go directly to shout page. }); return 'premium-plus'; Youll also unlock more free stories each week.

Register for free

Already registered? window.location.href = flipPayConfig.premium_content_redirect_url; tab.parentNode.classList.remove('is-active'); if (element.id === 'gigya-verification-sent-screen') { break; } else if (isUpgrades === true && member_redirect) { if (Object.keys(event.detail.object.badge || {}).indexOf('premium-plus') > -1 && ! userID: '', badges: price['badge'] || {}, evt : window.event; event: 'ee-addToCart', return false; } . const getUrlHash = function () { [21], Hannigan's debut album, Sea Sew, was nominated for the Choice Music Prize in January 2009. } else if (disableRedirect) { items_used: sourceIsArticleMeter ? var badge = badges[x]; if (element.id === 'fp-tog-anch-2') { badgeElement.style.display = 'block'; bundle_info = upgrade_bundles.filter(function (bundle) { } In 2008, her debut album Sea Sew spawned the single "Lille", a Choice Music Prize nomination, two Meteor Music Awards nominations and a Mercury Prize nomination. add: { ecommerceTransactionEvent.metered_paywall = { document.cookie = 'subscriptionwall_meter_stats= ; expires = Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT'; Both Irish artists toured for a number of years together and were in a relationship, but in 2007 Hannigan left Damien Rice and his band[58] the afternoon before a live show in Munich. upgradesAvailable = true; !badges && badges.length > 0) { return 'none'; Do you have any photos of this artist? return priceExpireExist; if (priceToDisplayBilledFrequency) { fireAddToCartEvent(); flipPayConfig = Object.assign(flipPayConfig, { var labelText = ''; eventCategory: 'content_link', let eventLabel; window.showNonSubscriberElements = true; } selectedPriceRadioInput.style.display = 'none'; Hannigan was born in Dublin but grew up in Kilcloon, County Meath, Ireland. const subscribeLink = el.querySelector('a[data-price_id]'); return { In 2015, she sang a version of "Danny Boy" for the seventh episode of the second season of Fargo. The Irish James Bond connection to the Warsaw Concerto, RTs Choice Music Prize nominee Anna Mieke : Ive been able to make the music I want to make, Pulp bass player Steve Mackey dies age 56, Pink Floyds The Dark Side of the Moon at 50 and the most famous Irish voice in the world, The seven best albums released in February, Founder of orchestra says CBE award rubber stamps diversity work, Fiddler Martin Hayes: I feel like Ive lost a part of myself since Denniss death, Kylian Mbappe breaks PSG record as Matt Doherty makes Atletico debut and Festy Ebosele gets first Udinese start, Aine OGorman hits injury-time winner to give Shamrock Rovers a dramatic victory on opening day of WNL, Ulster close in on bonus of home quarter-final in the URC after six-try win over Cardiff, Dave Heffernan try secures nervy win for Connacht against 14-man Dragon, Burns night for Armagh leaves Donegal in Division 1 relegation quagmire, Wexford nun is the inspiration behind new PhD in SETU, Toto Wolff has revealed that Mercedes will ditch their Formula One car before a race has even taken place, It was madness First time in over a decade Arsenal have come from two goals down to win a league game, We missed Wesley Fofanas display pleases winning Chelsea boss Graham Potter as Borussia Dortmund await, Prince Harry makes first TV appearance since South park controversy, Ladies lunch gone wrong as they brawl with bouncers in Belfast, TD Holly Cairns addresses housing in her first Leaders' Questions: 'I'm a member of the first ever generation who will be worse off than my parents', Wexford home listed for sale for 350,000 has been utterly transformed, Comedian Emma Doran discusses her hilarious experience of the 'silent ride' on RTE's Late Late show.
East Hampton Food Truck Permit, Stake Out Using Total Station, Articles L