Im not following you GGal, about the confusion issue. Thank you for pointing that out. If youre lucky enough, your neighbor will realize that he/she was in the wrong and wont ever do it again. So, at the top of the strip where he cuts into your driveway, it seems narrow enough to preclude installing a garden with rocks and solar lights. @keyframes ibDwUVR1CAykturOgqOS5{0%{transform:rotate(0deg)}to{transform:rotate(1turn)}}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq{--sizePx:0;font-size:4px;position:relative;text-indent:-9999em;border-radius:50%;border:4px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyTextAlpha20);border-left-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);transform:translateZ(0);animation:ibDwUVR1CAykturOgqOS5 1.1s linear infinite}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq,._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq:after{width:var(--sizePx);height:var(--sizePx)}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq:after{border-radius:50%}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq._2qr28EeyPvBWAsPKl-KuWN{margin:0 auto} I would tell him you just got a new ring system installed and that hes setting it off when he uses your driveway and that you need to know when the alert is for real. A trucker will generally change their behavior if they get a $250+ fine for violating a road weight restriction. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. You can also deter vehicle owners from parking on your grass by installing concrete pyramids. I have often been glad that someone added a comment to an old thread if it answers a question I have. Good examples of barriers include fences, hedges, driveway guards, parking posts, and rocks. I understand different people feel differently. Press J to jump to the feed. On the videos, it looked like he was aiming for the rock and my front yard in general on purpose! Erecting a fence like XCEL Fencealong the perimeter of your yard is one of the most effective ways of keeping cars from veering off into your lawn. And it is your driveway and you are in the right, to want. If your neighbor just wont stop despite talking to them and you dont want to have to pay for barriers, you might want to ask for help from your Home Owners Association (HOA). If your red line is correctly placed, it looks like your neighbor owns most, if not all, of the grass strip near the garage end of your driveway. Because of this I have to drive forward . Do you drive on grass verges? - Singletrack World Magazine They'll get the message eventually. btw, anyone can sign up to be a "professional"..that designation provides no more validity to the comments made by a pro than it does for anyone else responding. Thoughts on handling this neighbor/situation? If that doesnt work, install barriers like hedges, outdoor pots, and lawn rocks to block access. Exactly Olychick. When you put a sign about the existence of a security cam, it also makes some people uncomfortable and they might decide against crossing your property line. In both scenarios it's the council that own the road/ pavement/ grass verge etc. On a landscape design forum - meant for all comers, many gardeners without expertise, feel free to simply offer an opinion. And I fail to see the reasoning that because the OP is no longer responding that the topic is a waste of time. Sometimes that helps and keeps a discussion from going off the track and sometimes no matter what you say, someone is offended and at some point, everyone throws up their hands and abandons the thread. Perhaps, gardeners who have training and see things in a certain way, object to the amateur input. It ripped his front bumper off and damaged his right headlight. Our living room is driving me crazy. Both driveways are designed in such a way that parking cars and blocking people in and having to go out and move cars, is completely inevitable. LOL.). The Kante Outdoor Planter is a heavy-duty solution thats sure to prevent anyone from driving across your lawn anytime soon. A fence can also add beauty, especially when you have the design you wanted. Find out where your exact legal boundary line is. Its illegal to run drive on or park on someone elses lawn, as it amounts to trespassing. Please just stop. We already had to ask him to stop with his 4th of July fireworks, and now this. I dont have the answer to that. FOG LIGHTS!!!! Unless they enjoy damaging their car, itll stop them. We are having this same problem with our neighbors and they know we dont want thrm using out driveway, but they still do. Adding more comments (and those which added nothing new to the discussion and were directed specifically to the OP) do not add any current value to the discussion and are really just a restatement of previous comments and/or suggestions. Once bitten, twice shy, as the saying goes. ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}.icon._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;vertical-align:middle;padding-right:8px}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)} Lining boulders in your driveway not only serve as a deterrent for inconsiderate neighbors who love to drive on your lawn. A while back, we discussed plain white panels that could be pulled all the way open. If not, then you can consider taking the next step which is to make your lawn inaccessible. The neighbor has his own driveway, and that's the only driveway he should be using. My house faces a grass verge that runs alongside a neighbour's fence. He doesn't get to be lazy and drive down her driveway instead. Hell ignore efforts by your HOA. When we bought the house the name sign was on it as was the for sale sign. Have some from a neighbor's yard overshadowing a pebbled patio and it's a "daily" effort to pick up the shedding leaves. Usually, homeowners will put some barriers on their side of the grass verge so that nobody can drive through it. Not really hall monitor more like heads up. Welcome to the internet. And going by my own experiences with old threads, once you have commented on an old thread unintentionally a couple of times, you figure it out and only post to old threads intentionally after that. They need to be about 1.5 to 2.0 inches above the point where the soil and grass roots are relatively firm. him to stop using it. Before you burn bridges with your neighbors, we have some handy tips and ideas to keep cars off your grass. The gardeners here who post are all adults and capable of making their own decisions about when and what to post. Posts need to be tall enough that they can be seen so that you are not creating a hazard. Many pros on here are the worst offenders or condescending, judgemental and rude comments. Add message. Another way on how to keep cars off a lawn is to put up a surveillance camera in your yard. Despite the fact officers will continue to discourage parking on grass verges this solution may actually encourage more parking on verges throughout the City. Because that's a normal action when you buy a new house. We had a neighbor like this. It also gives you the privacy you need. Unbeknownst to me, until I was about to go to court, a neighbor across the street from me had cameras all over her property and was kind enough to copy them for me. For shallow ruts that are no more than four inches deep, loosen the compacted soil by prying it with a spade fork. And Ashley (OP) has not been back here since that time, so any further comments are just a waste of time. Hedge boxes are somewhat pricey but it will definitely get your message across. blah blah!" Just make sure you are fencing along your property lines to avoid more disputes. So I went to court, showed my documents along with the police reports and they pretty much laughed him out of the court room. Their daughter, Elizabeth Williams, said they were "absolutely devastated . Then my co-worker sued and the neighbor went to jail. You would need to file a police report against the offender, and it would be up to law enforcement whether or not they decide to pursue the matter. Planting another taller solar post -- perhaps with a pair of brackets for hanging potted plants and/or planting shrubs -- in your half of the green "v" between the driveways by the garage is totally a normal thing for a new home owner to want to do. Aesthetics is also a bonus especially if you go for themed pots like this rustic whiskey barrel planter. To try to step in and make decisions 'for them' about the appropriateness of their post, is disrespectful. I just noticed something. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Verge and footpath laws tend to mean that . This happened to me as well! The constant flow of strangers, loud, Read More How to Shut Down Your Neighbors Airbnb (Doing This Worked! Note: Despite being an effective barricade item against vehicles, you should only use spike strips as a last resort, as theyre a common cause of confrontation. Gassing Station | The Pie & Piston Archive | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff, 1998 to 2023 Pistonheads Holdco Limited, All Rights Reserved, PistonHeads is a registered trademark of CarGurus Ireland Limited, Pistonheads Holdco Limited, c/o Legalinx Limited, 3rd Floor, 207 Regent St, London W1B 3HH, United Kingdom. If it's not your land there is nothing you can personally do about it. Can you park on grass verges in the UK? | The Sun Her slug of a neighbor should move the car that's blocking him or park one of his cars elsewhere. But to me, you can say anything that is honestly your opinion if you do so with some tolerance and respect for the other people on the thread. If your neighbors inconsiderate driving has caused property damage, its smart to have a decent security system like a Ring Video Doorbell or Outdoor Security Cameras to catch them red-handed. . @Ashley. Putting barriers in your yard is just another way of keeping your neighbors off your yard. I have never seen spirea down there? While Keep off the Grass signs are popular, people tend to ignore them, but not if you choose a classy sign like the SmartSign Stay Off Grass Sign with Stake. Situation (imgur.com) 01/05/2022 08:58. Houzz Pro: One simple solution for contractors and design pros. And are you referring to all gardeners who do not garden for a living as hobby gardeners?
How To Clean Electrolux Oven Racks, Robert Gene Carter Cause Of Death, Dhang Surname Belongs To Which Caste, Backup Majors For Nursing, Tionesta Camps For Sale By Owner, Articles N