Place broccoli and rice mixture in pan, smoothing it into an even layer. Add milk, chicken broth and stir in bouillon. Once mixed completely, stir in the mozzarella and cup of shredded cheddar. Any thoughts? Thanks for your patience with my response. If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and dont forget to rate it! lol Looking forward to trying, yogurt is so versatile, isn't it? I'm a total comfort good girl. This happened to me the other day, and I was honestly a bit devastated. Thanks Mark! Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram,Pinterest, Twitterand YouTube plus grab her free eBookHolistic Tips to Keep Your Family Healthy. Chicken Broccoli Casserole is the perfect cozy and homey dinner! It starts with some cooked chicken, preferably organic or pasture raised. Nancy's yogurt is one of my faves, too! broccoli, plain greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, panko breadcrumbs and 4 more Sumac Chicken Lemon Israeli Couscous Seconds carrot, salt, lemon, olive oil, broccoli, grated Parmesan, boneless skinless chicken breasts and 8 more Nancy's organic sour cream is hands down my absolute favorite sour cream! But lets face it, when its rainy and stuck in the thirties for days at a time, crudites and a piece of poached salmon just dont cut it. Add in the broccoli mixture, saved chicken breasts, and rice into the cheese sauce. Season salt and pepper. Using precooked brown rice cuts down on the cooking time. Turn off the heat and remove the pot and let it sit for another 5 minutes to dissolve the liquid in the rice. Hi Mary! I hope you enjoy it without the dill and lemon and that you enjoy some of the other recipes here too . . 5. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes. But if youre trying to focus on healthier eating, that classic broccoli rice casserole is definitely a recipe you should either try to avoid or make adjustments to. Step 4 - Make Sauce: To the same skillet, melt some butter with olive oil then whisk in flour to make a roux. using almond flour will the texture be heavier or lighter????? I did like the creamy texture that the Nancys whole milk yogurt added without having to use cream of half and half. I love the lemon and yogurt in this recipe!!! Was just wondering if Greek yogurt would be too thick? Chop the broccoli up to 1 day in advance, and refrigerate it in an airtight storage container. Drizzle the dressing all over the chicken mixture and mix well until all combined. I did cut up the chicken breasts so that it would be easier for my kids to eat, which they did with gusto! It's so easy to make, packed withprotein, loaded with broccoli and full of vibrant herby aromatics. Not enough seasoning /flavor. of pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Add all of the ingredients (minus the shredded cheese) into the casserole dish and mix together with a wooden spoon making sure that everything is well mixed and submerged in liquid. This dish looks delicious and very comforting! Added to my favorites!. Granted, it probably is a bit tough for her because she has a full-time job as an engineer (we became besties at Purdue) and is going to school for her MBA. I hope you enjoy it! Instructions. of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. Do you think I can double this recipe and cooking time till be the same? Make a batch of lemon tahini dressing first, then add chick peas and presto, hummus! Itcame out just fine. It doesnt seem right in this recipe. Bake as directed.You can also freeze the casserole after it has been cooked (we love leftovers!). Visit this site for details: http://www.recipestonourish.com [], [] Best Broccoli Casserole Healthy from Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Get the Healthy Chicken Broccoli Mac and Cheese recipe at Family Food on the . This Chicken Broccoli Casserole recipe is made healthy using brown rice, tender chicken, fresh broccoli, and a flavorful sauce. I have been using Nancy's products for many, many years ever since I was a kid. This Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a delicious comforting classic. These little plant-based balls of yum are keto-friendly, gluten-free and have a perfect meat-replacing texture. Did you make this recipe? So, if youve got some on hand feel free to use it. WE LOVED IT!!! Mix in the broccoli, white rice, soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. This sounds perfect! Or my salads? Since you already know about my love for cheese, Ill tell you about my other favorite part of the casserole. You can pre-make a batch and bring it to a new mom or loved one that needs a special meal. I doubled the recipe and froze the second casserole and Im hoping that one will be just as good. I'm going to have to try that because this would be such a nice meal to have on hand. Let most of the liquid drain for 30 minutes to thicken the yogurt. Read the Tip section. Thank you! Stir in the broccoli, and cook until no longer frozen, about 5 minutes. Directions: Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Find Emilys latest recipes and natural living tips atRecipes to Nourish. OMG this kinda makes me want to eat chicken again! I also used low-fat milk. I hope you get to enjoy a good casserole soon. In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken and broccoli. Made wholesome ingredients like fresh ginger, lemon and raw honey. I made this last night and it came out delicious! Garlic -Fresh garlic is best, don't use garlic powder. Stir it all together. Hope you get to make some or some kind of casserole without dairy . Then, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375F for about 50 minutes. Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later. The flavors are simple and appealing, the prep is easy, and unlike many other casserole recipes, this casserole contains NO SOUP! Place the chicken, cauliflower, brown rice, cauliflower, carrots, thyme, salt, and pepper in the baking dish; set aside. Pour into the rice mixture and mix well. I do have a good organic dairy source so if I can't find Nancy's.. will use that! We've collected our favorite lower-calorie casserolesincluding creamy chicken noodle casserole and an easy chicken tortilla bakeall with warm, homey goodness and fewer than 400 calories per serving. Preheat oven to 350F. 1 lb fresh broccoli florets 3 cups cooked brown rice 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided Instructions: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir mildly to coat the 3 ingredients with the sauce. but this recipe will fit into an 88 or 99 baking dish. Instead, use yogurt for a lighter yet still wonderfully creamy chicken broccoli rice casserole! Add the rice and broccoli mixture and the reserved chicken to the cheese sauce, stirring gently to coat. This recipe is fully packed with ingredients. Place pan in a preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 45 minutes, or . I hope everyone enjoy it. Uncover; bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes longer. Its great for a family dinner or potluck. However, I tested this recipe with both regular and fat-free and found that the casserole made with the regular cream of mushroom soup tasted noticeably better so I went with that. YUM !!! Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole combines brown rice with broccoli and chicken- no canned soup in sight! Combine all ingredients into a greased 913 baking dish. Im sorry to hear you had trouble with the recipe, Brandi. Share a photo and tag us we cant wait to see what youve made! Used 2 cups if chopped chicken from a cooked roaster Topped with crushed potato chips. Unfortunately that is a recipe card issue that I am not able to fix on my end. But seriously, the worst kind of cheese is having NO cheese in your fridge. Preheat oven to 350F. Instead of sour cream, butter, or mayonnaise, I used non-fat Greek yogurt in my healthier broccoli rice casserole with chicken. Your email address will not be published. She used to make delicious chicken casseroles when I was a kid. Sometimes you just need something a little sweet, right!? I'm replying to a previous comment cuz I can't figure out how to start a new oneanyway. To begin with, I really upped the amount of broccoli and opted to use fresh because I like mine a little bit al dente. The result is a very tasty, still comforting and much healthier broccoli rice casserole with chicken for some extra protein. White rice is also something we allow, so all in all a perfect little casserole to try next. Perfect for making and freezing for busy nights! Saut until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 4 to 6 minutes, then remove to a plate. But when my family and I spent a few years in Georgia in the 80s, I added a whole bunch of new comfort foods. That's great to hear! Instructions. Remove the pot from heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, almond milk, corn starch and seasonings. That is just fabulous. Just curious if you could save me some time doing it myself. Emily, it looks awesome! To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. I have saved this recipe, it looks absolutely delicious. Any reason not to use it in lieu of? The chicken has never been dry for me, but I've never frozen it first. Its amazing how much flavor those herbs and spices add to the dish. Classic comfort food. This was so yummy and healthy! I'm going to make it again!! Thanks! It was soaked up so quickly and the whole thing seemed dried out and bland. A fresh and bright side dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine. ENJOY! Chocolate Orange Mousse is one of the best combinations! If youd like to calculate it yourself, there are lots of free tools online (myfitnesspal.com is popular). if you use white rice or non-instant rice, the cooking time and amount of liquid needed may differ. Turn off the heat and add in the Dijon, 1/4 tsp. Her passion is to make healthy, natural living as uncomplicated and enjoyable as possible. . In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, add the olive oil. Season with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. And while the dish includes a good amount of broccoli, its really about the rice and the cheese SO much cheese. Add in the chicken and broccoli. Shred or chop cooked chicken and arrange in baking dish. This looks so delicious. Will be checking out your other recipes. It speaks right to my stomach and heart ! Wrap tightly or store in an air-tight container, freeze for up to 3 months, then reheat in the microwave or oven. While the chicken is cooking prepare sauce. Then bake up this beautiful Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole and share it with your loved ones. Add onion, brown rice, mustard, garlic, dried thyme, salt, pepper, and chicken broth to slow cooker. Whats not to like about this cake with a rich cinnamon swirl, and an irresistible crumb topping. what are the amounts of cheeze, flour etc and what does she mean by stock not on the ingredient list. Cook your chicken in a pan and cut into cubes. Hi Laura! I will definitely be a little bit naughty and add some cheese in too. If you cut back, then I think this would be a winner. Cover and bake broccoli rice casserole for 25 to 35 minutes at 375 degrees F, uncovering it part way through. This looks super yummy! This looks fantastic! I wish serving sizes were added to your recipes, as a diabetic this is important to me. Cook the sauce, then stir in the Dijon and remaining seasonings. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. Add the chicken, broccoli, rice and cup of cheese to the soup mixture. Gluten-free flour: You can use regular flour if you do not have gluten restrictions. How to Make Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Prepare the pasta: First, preheat the oven to 375F/190C, spray a 913 baking dish with cooking spray, and then set aside. Its a fact of life. . I would only do 1 table spoon corn starch not 2. Hi Bruce! Maybe extend the cook time and get twice as much? Brown the chicken pieces on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes. I'm planning on making this tonight. Ready the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Put a rack in the middle part of the oven. 1 pound broccoli, cut into small pieces 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, optional, for extra creaminess 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese Instructions Place onion, brown rice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper in bottom of slow cooker. Those potato chips certainly were not healthyand neither was the condensed soup or the mayo in the creamy base. Agree with a previous commenter that the lemon and zest is overpowering. I think it wouldn't have very much flavor at without those two ingredients.