$19.80 ($0.55/Ounce) Only 8 left in stock - order soon. One of the places we like to go to is called Bar Taco. Because of the classic tropes of peppers, onions, and garlic, this is an easy pair for pretty much anything. Subscribe for all things Trader Joe's! I bought a bottle this weekend and its already 1/2 full. The garlic and onion hit your tongue right after the habanero heat. Ships from and sold by MLAI SUPPLY. My husband and I enjoyed a good hot sauce with our meals. Thanks for the rec! If you haven't ventured into vinegary hot sauces before, this is your ticket. Feel free to shoot Mandy an email or @ her at Twitter for ideas and thoughts. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. This sauce is runny which is always a good thing in my mind. It sat in the fridge for a year, untouched, until we finally threw it out. Jul 20. In another Gourmet type store, something like this would be six bucks no doubt. Before "shelter in place" we were planning a hot wings afternoon at work to break in the spring, and I decided to start working out my taste buds a little in preparation. Just Smokey, just cilantro, peach?, habanerothis adds a wonderful flavor to almost anything that needs heat. Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce has 70mg of sodium. The ingredient list looks safe but I get sick every time I eat it. I would absolutely pair this with Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce which was extremely mild. Learn More. This stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce Nutrition Facts, Your email address will not be published. Trader Joe's Beef Birria is tender, slow-cooked beef in a flavorful broth made with crushed tomatoes, dried chiles, and aromatic spices and often served as a simple stew. The next big thing? It's some seriously amazing flavor. Green Dragon Sauce is great on broiled Trader Joes salmon. TJ's Green Dragon Hot Sauce, for drizzling Directions Slice salmon into strip and roll into bite size rosettes. I'm glad to see you like this hot sauce too! Oh, well more for me. So happy to see it back on the shelves I just got 6 so I can stock up in case they discontinue it again. Thats plenty hot for a store-brand hot sauce. For $2.99 you are getting a large squeezable bottle of sauce that would easily be able to hand a variety of cuisines. This is acidic, tart, and herbaceous. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. bottle. The Incas, Aji Amarillo for their egg-in-a-holes. TJs Green Dragon Hot Sauce is one of my favorite Trader Joes items, along with Bomba and Peri-Peri and of course ZHOUG). Weve gone through and tasted all six of Trader Joes hot sauces and ranked them in order from our least to most favorite. Green Dragon Hot Sauce. $18.85. Instead, spicy, sweet, and acidic notes mingle very well for a balanced sauce. Great service! Go nuts! Avocado Toast:mash a ripe avocado up with salt, pepper, a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice then add Green Dragon to taste. Trader Joe's brand doesn't have a strong sour flavor. Here is the visual rundown of what you get if you buy this product: The bottle of Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce: The nutritional information and the ingredients: Would I buy this again? Probably would have gotten a higher score if it wasnt having an identity crisis. hello@caldohome.com2845 Chipeta AvenueGrand Junction, CO 81501, Aprons|//cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1537/9811/files/Dropdown_Aprons_600x.jpg?v=1613525181@ I never am without it and I keeps one in the pantry too, as I never want to come up empty. Its literally going on everything, from bagels and cream cheese to Samin Nosrats roast chicken. The takeaway from this data set is that, in general, people love this sauce with 94% of customers leaving either a 5 of 4 Star review. Sorry, we were unable to perform your search at this time. Side note add some into your guacamole, of course thats also a fantastic match). This website takes its name from a famous Betty whose character was developed to give a more personalized response to consumer product questions. The spiciness lingers on your tongue and lips, but the build isnt so strong that youll need to stop eating it. PepperScale helps you discover the amazing tastes - and stories - behind these spicy eats. The tomatillos, sugar, vinegar and cilantro add layers of flavor so this sauce is much more than heat. I was going to buy it but again, my loyalty to Sriracha is STRONG! Stay saucy friends. We docondone and support the use ofthe Jalapeo, Habaero and Yuzu hot sauces though. The green color in the Green Dragon comes from replacing the ground chili peppers in the original sriracha sauce with a jalapeno and tomatillo pepper puree. (Amazon). Lets take a closer look at what you get with this bottle of hot sauce. This stuff has a lot of lovely flavors going on, it's not simply "hot" . The Green Dragon Sauce is AMAZING. Yes, it is a mild to medium heat. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce. The flavor and heat balance makes this an easy thumbs up for anyone who loves spicier fare. The tangy and sweet from the tomatillo and sugar hit you first, though its the cilantro, garlic, and lime juice that balance the sweetness you taste up top and honestly make this hot sauce quite complex. With the above ingredients naturallyGreen Dragon can be viewed as a type of classic Mexican/South American style salsa. I will be picking up a bottle on my Saturday Trader Joes run. BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. by promacnyc Trader Joes CHICKEN MEATBALLS | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Brilliant Video (YouTube) If I Made a Commercial for Trader Joe's, _Pro Mac NYC (my other site and blog about Mac), A Week in the Life of a Trader Joes Employee, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/food-informants-trader-joes_n_917654.html#s325677&title=Nate_Appleman_Chipotle, why_everyone_shopping_at_trader_joes_hates_you (hysterical read! Greek Whole Milk Yogurt Matcha Green Tea (Trader Joe's) Per 1 container - Calories: 170kcal | Fat: 6.00g | Carbs: 17.00g . This is a year-round product at Trader Joe's, but you can also find it on Amazon. Email Address. Not to mention tacos and burritos and enchiladas and OOOH salad dressings! When Im making many Chinese or other Asian dishes I tend to use Green Dragon a good deal. Trying them both back to back, I cant help but prefer the red sriracha sauce. Your email address will not be published. What they said ^^^ TJs Green Dragon Hot sauce has a Mexican-esque flair, with the oregano and Tomatillo That being said, Im eating it on Ramen right now. There was a problem adding this item to Cart. Admittedly, six is not very many hot sauces, but we love Trader Joes and felt the need to do the work for you. Trader Joes Jalapeo Pepper Hot Sauce doesnt have an edge over classic Tabasco, which fans of fiery condiments will likely have. Those looking for big heat, though, may want to look elsewhere. Id like an answer on the gluten as well. Product Description: Trader Joe's Jalapeno Sauce is a spicy and flavor sauce that brings a reasonable amount of heat. I love green hot sauces and will use them on tacos, eggs and just about anything that needs a healthy kick of flavor. Your email address will not be published. It goes on next to everything. Its a great table hot sauce. 4 interest-free payments. It's a controversial opinion but I like them even though they're bland and mushy/prone to falling apart. Its not meant to be sipped, savored, and admired its meant to be used and at a rapid pace. Top with salmon rosettes, cucumbers, carrots, and avocado. $18.00. I am thankful that I'm not one of those who is genetically predisposed to think that cilantro tastes like soap. Best new product TJs has introduced IMHO! Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. Compare it to the standard legitimately spicy Daves Insanity Sauce, which starts at 250K on the Scoville scale, this is easily over 100K-200k, but I wouldnt put it over 200K. TRUFF's Signature Hot Sauce is the pinnacle of heat experience with an intricate blend of ripe red chili peppers, real black truffle, organic agave nectar, and savory spices. It is literal magic sauce. This was the perfect amount of spice/heat for me definitely fairly high on the heat scale, without being a 10/10 or to the point of needing to guzzle a gallon of water to . It's a good accompaniment for Asian food like rice and ramen noodles. Id call it family-friendly, but be warned because the spice is on the back-end (though it doesnt linger). Ever since they introduced their own brand of (rather delicious) sriracha sauce last year, Trader Joes has been actively working it into as many different products as possible. Probably would have gotten a higher score if it wasnt having an identity crisis. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce. I review products from Trader Joes (no affiliation) and share easy recipes and cocktail ideas. This is how salsa verde was supposed to taste! Its honestly more of a salsa. Please try again later. Yes. This is a habanero sauce that really lets the peppers and their kick to truly shine. Its nothing like the ubiquitous Red Rooster Sriracha, which is a good thing. Learn how your comment data is processed. This Trader Joe's green hot sauce has a smooth consistency with a medium heat. And lets not forget that spinach. Yum, I love the chicken shi mai too. It is spicy of course but not blow the roof of your mouth off spicy. Would I Recommend It: I would there arent a lot of sauces out there like this right now. ONE-TIME PURCHASE. It adds a nice something to so many things. Price: $3.49 4 Summary Trader Joe's Jalapeno Sauce is a new hot sauce to hit shelves that is vastly different from the other green sauces already there. Fresh, flavorful. This is just spicy enough to add some zip and zing but not so much as to burn your taste buds off. I even mix it with chicken or vegetable broth for a delicious and warming low calorie snack. Its very floral as it is made from fresh green chiles, herbs and aromatics. But I couldnt get it out of my mind so I decided this morning to check out reviews of the Green Dragon Sauce and I am so glad I did. Most mass-produced competitors dont come near that. Green Dragon sauce has a fresher, more nuanced flavor than the simple sweet-tangy-spicy profile of Sriracha. Jenny Bruseaux DCs Food Influencer Scene Is Booming. #1 YUZU HOT SAUCEThis gem of a sauce took the cake completelycan't believe wed never had it before. Green Dragon Hot Sauce (Trader Joe's) Per 1 tsp - Calories: 0kcal | Fat: 0.00g | Carbs: 0.00g | Protein: . When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. This was a surprise to me as Trader Joes took the time to label their Chipotle Black Bean Dip and Salsa Verde as Mild. GREEN DRAGON has far more fans than the TJs Sriracha (which while not bad is nowhere the equal of the original classic Huy Fong Sriracha{red rooster label) IMHO. (LogOut/ Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce Spice lovers will go crazy for this Green Dragon Hot Sauce, which Trader Joe's rates a seven out of 10 on the heat scale. Ive even topped Bloody Marys with it(Everyone loved it)! We don't recommend their Chili Pepper sauce, Sriracha or Green Dragon hot sauce because they're kind of gnarly. Absolutely love it! On the other hand, the green pepper sauce is better for adding amore complex, heavier and spicier dimensionto your food and becausetheres so much cilantro on board, a few dashes is probably all you need of it. The habanero heat shines and the sauce gives you just enough kick that the heat seekers out there are craving. The difference between these two sauces is almost like the difference between those famous, commonlyrelated seasonings salt and pepper. First, the ingredients: Water, habanero chilies, vinegar, onion, sugar, garlic, salt, sunflower oil, and xantham gum. In fact, cilantro has such a strong presencein this hot sauce, that Ive found that it makes it particularly suitable for spicing up Mexican dishes tasty with eggs (ranchero-style or otherwise), tacos, burritos the whole enchilada. This dragon sauce; Im eating it by the spoonful. Best Green Hot Sauce, and a Family-Sized Container, Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2019. Vegetable masala burgers. Do not be mislead, this is definitely more of a Mexican sauce -- its major ingredients are jalapeo, tomatillo and cilantro. The green color in the Green Dragon comes from replacing the ground chili peppers in the original sriracha sauce with a jalapeno and tomatillo pepper puree. Available for orders above $40. Its great. I like the party banners surrounding the font it feels like this sauce was made for sharing. Get that cup of ice water or milk ready: This is hot. Ingredient List The Green Dragon Sauce has the following ingredients: Water Jalapeno peppers Tomatillo puree Vinegar Cane sugar Cilantro puree Salt Garlic puree Spinach powder Xanthan gum Lime juice Habanero peppers We eat it on EVERYTHING. (LogOut/ 349 reviews of Trader Joe's "Me and the TJ gotta Groovy kinda love goin on, so it's hard for me to say an ill word about them. NO. 2 Comments. Yes, it could be hotter but Im telling you that everyone else is right. Nothing that will cause you to sweat, but it will slow your meal down a bit. Trader Joes as you know carries a whole bunch of condiments and sauces, many being outstanding. almost anything you can name! Free shipping. Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce has just the right amount of mild simmer that leaves you coming back for more. Our favorite use so far is to mix with sour cream and drizzle on fish tacos. Its a classic mix that makes an excellent table sauce. This item: Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce - Pack of 2. I wanted to see what other people thought about this sauce so I checked out the customer reviews on Amazon. Can you recommend another similar sauce for green dragon lovers? It is not just for Mexican food. The red and green have a flavor profile that my husband and I like. Welcome to sHOT SAUCE! Green Dragon is an excellent hot sauce and is worth a special trip to Trader Joes as soon as I start to run low. Product Description: Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce is a year-round favorite if you are looking to up the flavor of a dish. A: The consistency is just perfect and not watery at all. I can't get enough of it and my husband says it tastes like soap. The bright, tart habanero flavor is what stands out here while providing some legitimate heat. Thanks Mark. It is the best possible thing to go with the Trader Joe's mac and cheese not to mention eggs, burritos, tacos, and well anything you would like a nice hot sauce on. Just the right level of heat and so full of flavor and zing. Then the bottle of MD 357 arrived in . As far as I know, nobody sells anything remotely like this. Some of the Positive comments left by Amazon customers include: Most comments associated with the 1 Star reviews were about problems with Amazons shipping or seller pricing and did not reflect on the quality of the sauce. Price: $2.9. ), TJs Savory Mini Rice Crackers | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes SHAWARMA CHICKEN THIGHS | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), TJs Fresh Cranberries (and RECIPE) | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes BATTERED FISH NUGGETS (Fish Taco recipe) | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes Cleansing & Conditioning HAIRWASH, Trader Joes Zamora Ecuador Small LotCoffee, Trader Joes Just The Clusters MAPLE PECANGRANOLA, Trader Joe's "LIGHTLY SMOKED SALMON" (gourmet canned salmon), Trader Joe's ATLANTIC SALMON FILLETS (frozen). Its perfect for adding an herbaceous punch to dishes. I even put a few drops on something boring like cottage cheese (no really, try this combo on a toasted bagel or on crackers which I have above) Cottage cheese with some GDS is boring no more. Mostly raves with a few rants. You can alsoFOLLOW MEonFacebook,Instagram,Twitter, andPinterestto see what Im up to. You will not be sorry, I agree! See below for a mini-recipe. I discovered Green Dragon last year. Blame genetics. Trader Joes CHILI LIME ROLLED TORTILLA CHIPS are finallyback! Would I buy this again? Yeah, this hot sauce is deep. How cilantro-tasting is this sauce? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Oh thanks for this review! 2-Pack Trader Joes Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce 18 oz each Addicting! It is spicy of course but not blow the roof of your mouth off spicy. Get our 80+ page field guide ebook covering 20+ popular chilies free, enjoy 15% off our fiery spices. Warning: facials sweats, hiccups and swearing may ensue. Its well balanced not as hot as some habanero hot sauces, but plenty to make this enjoyable and very eatable. CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEW TRADER JOE'S ITEMS! Product Name: Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce. When I moved to DC, I discovered that Trader Joes sells a varietyof fiery condiments. Also a decent sized bottle that will last quite awhile. Its still my go to hot sauce from Trader Joes improving on Hoy Fong Foods famous rooster sauce by sticking closer to the authentic Thai recipe. This is a well balanced, fairly spicy option that gives you the heat you want with the right amount of tang. Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not a substitute for advice from a licensed health-care professional. 8 Great Hot Sauces Made Around DC, Ranked From Sizzling to Scorching, Heres Where Your Locally Grown Whole Foods Tulips Really Come From, This DC Duo Is Turning Trash From Vigilante Coffee Into Cool Jewelry, Dukes Grocery Opens in Navy Yard With a Mule Cocktail Bar, DC-Area Bakeries Selling Hamantaschen Cookies for Purim. But how well does its heat, flavor, and usability set it apart from other hot sauces? I think your green dragon hot sauce is Tippi tai. why is the green dragon hot sauce 10.95 and at trader joes its 2.99 for the same size bott, A: This stuff has a lot of lovely flavors going on, its not simply hot. ), tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. For him, that is culinary Kryptonite. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce 's ingredients include: jalapeo, tomatillo, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, garlic, lime juice and habanero. The packaging for this sauce makes it look like a green version of Sriracha (see above), but the ingredients recall a Mexican salsa verde with tomatillos, jalapeo, garlic, and cilantro (fun fact: its also kosher!). Ive had a lot of hot sauce. It comes in a big plastic squeeze bottle which I enjoy because you can cover your entire plate in this with ease. Just the right amount of kick, and so much flavor! $17.89. There were 310 reviews for this hot sauce on Amazon as of October, 2021 which is enough information to draw some general conclusions. Costco Food Court {Menu, Hours, Membership}, Trader Joes Chicken Soup Dumplings {Cooking Instructions}, Trader Joes Spicy Thai Shrimp Fried Rice {Excellent! . I am a Sriracha girl through and through only using Franks on Pizza. Perhaps, it is to ensure that this stays a color that Popeye the Sailor would be proud of. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce - Lot of 2 - Free Shipping! I wont use any other hot sauce but for some reason I was drawn to this last weekend. This stuff is so good. Its a good accompaniment for Asian food like rice and ramen noodles. Not to spicy. Enjoy 700+ spicy recipes, 125+ pepper profiles, 300+ videos, and hundreds of related articles. This results in a very strong, earthy flavor that lingers long on the tongue. The Green Dragon Sauce has the following ingredients: There is nothing on the label that indicates the spiciness of the sauce. The heat is medium. While they may make up the colors of a traffic signal, they aren't quite the same order. It's great to dip Trader Joe's Chicken Shu Mai in. There is nothing worse than getting stuck with a mouth full of Chernobyl levels of heat because the hot sauce is too thick and doesn't spread well. So as a salt addict, I did not need to add salt after using this sauce. Once you start trying it on different things, you will also discover, umm, that works with this too. Not affiliated with Trader Joe's. . Overall, this is worth a try if you haven't bought this already and you like cilantro. Sign up with your email address to receive the latest product reviews, recommendations and recipes straight to your inbox. I also add it to soups and eggs. Visit us for fresh produce, organic foods, bakery items, a selection of cheeses, Beer, Wine & Premium Liquor. Amazon.com : Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce : Grocery & Gourmet Food Grocery & Gourmet Food Pantry Staples Sauces, Gravies & Marinades Hot Sauce $1100 ($0.61 / Ounce) FREE delivery March 1 - 6. This is why it comes in a squeeze bottle. Thanks for the recommendation! This green sauce absolutely delivers in both departments. If you are a huge fan of jalapeoand a vinegary kickthis might be a good choice for you. And jalapeo for the Aztecs Freschetta. Our categories are always expanding to better organize our . A few drops can go a long way in the flavor department, so you can use it a bit sparingly (unless you love heat, in which case use more of course!) I go to the TJs on Columbus Avenue on the UWS. On each table are red, yellow, and green sauce. Trader Joe's Habanero Hot Sauce is thick, filled with fresh bites of habanero peppers (and seeds) with every bite. Mildly sweet, just the right amount of tang and heat, and overall wonderful FLAVOR. If you want to introduce someone to a habanero hot sauce, this would be a perfect option. I couldn't convince my husband to try it. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Sauce The green dragon hot sauce tastes earthy and like fresh veggies. It's hot, but with basically no ill effect it went down in 48 hours. I like it, best spicy sauce I tried from them so far ! 11 to 20 of 1000 for trader joe's green . Keep it, TJs. Free shipping.